Texas Fishing Forum

Best nets for the Price?

Posted By: Smurfs

Best nets for the Price? - 04/18/15 06:32 PM

Going to finally break down and buy a net, yes I learned the hard way. I don't really have a great place to store it on my 17ft Stratos 273, so it will probably just lay out on the floor. Any suggestions on nets?
Thanks for the input!
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Best nets for the Price? - 04/18/15 06:41 PM

Room was a major consideration for me also. Laying on the floor really wasn't an option. I found one at BPS like this http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Go...oduct/10210370/
I really like it because it fold down to a compact design and will flip open when needed. I plan on mounting it vertically on the side of my console with velcro.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Best nets for the Price? - 04/18/15 08:53 PM

Bought that exact same net because of space limitations. Easy to use and sturdy. Can be opened with the flick of a wrist. You can easily handle your rod in one hand and the net in your other and land your own fish. Only downside is it is not real long.

There will be a lot of Hiber-Net fans here, but the BPS net is easier to use in my opinion.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Best nets for the Price? - 04/18/15 09:13 PM

This is the one I use. Store it in a rod box when trailering and under the console when I'm running the lake. Pull it out and open it up when I start fishing.
Frabill Power Stow
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: Best nets for the Price? - 04/18/15 10:39 PM

I have a h20 saltwater net. The basket is blue and the handle extends to 6' I believe.
Posted By: MV

Re: Best nets for the Price? - 04/18/15 11:49 PM

netting , have some kind of coating on it. so the hooks do not get imbedded in it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum