Texas Fishing Forum

Tyler State Park

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Tyler State Park - 04/17/15 04:01 PM

Is it muddy from all the rain? Maybe heading out there Sunday.
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/17/15 04:41 PM

There is a monster in that lake that broke me off a few years back, does not usually get muddy after a rain, if it does it clears up very fast. Swallow your pride, fish minnows in 8-10 ft, very clear water, use thin line realistic color baits. walk around it entirely or rent a canoe, I prefer from the bank, bring a chair, pretty place, should be empty.
Posted By: Swimbaiter

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/17/15 05:05 PM

Worst I have seen this year. Has not been clear since the heavy rain about a month ago and with the addition to all the rain now it's not clearing up anytime soon it looks like.

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/17/15 05:30 PM

Hmmm, camped there 3 years ago, rained 3 days the whole time we were there just the end with the pier got muddy, forgot though you guys have been getting killed with rain forever right?
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/17/15 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Blake_ZX225
Worst I have seen this year. Has not been clear since the heavy rain about a month ago and with the addition to all the rain now it's not clearing up anytime soon it looks like.

Are we talking just not Crystal clear or are you saying like Sabine River muddy?
Posted By: BigTex9

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/17/15 07:53 PM

It's the most off color I have ever seen it. There isn't hardly any hydrilla to filter the water right now.

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/18/15 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Are we talking just not Crystal clear or are you saying like Sabine River muddy?

Looks like Yahoo!

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/20/15 12:03 AM

Fished from 7-1:00 today. Water is stained pretty good. Could see beds every where in shallow water but did not see fish holding on them. I'm not sure if the spawn is done or just starting. This was my first trip on this lake. Started out chilly and cloudy and threw everything for about an hour and a half and got no bites. As soon as the sun came I got three bites real quick on a weightless fluke dead sticking it. Buddy caught some on a trig lizard. Ended up with 15-20 or so, all small bucks. Bites only came when the sun came out which was off and on all day.

Did see a guy fishing a spinning reel upside down with crappie leaders tied on with a bobber and a rattle trap.

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/20/15 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher™
Fished from 7-1:00 today. Water is stained pretty good. Could see beds every where in shallow water but did not see fish holding on them. I'm not sure if the spawn is done or just starting. This was my first trip on this lake. Started out chilly and cloudy and threw everything for about an hour and a half and got no bites. As soon as the sun came I got three bites real quick on a weightless fluke dead sticking it. Buddy caught some on a trig lizard. Ended up with 15-20 or so, all small bucks. Bites only came when the sun came out which was off and on all day.

Did see a guy fishing a spinning reel upside down with crappie leaders tied on with a bobber and a rattle trap.

Yeah finesse baits work for that lake, minnows are your friend
Posted By: ralph

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/20/15 05:07 PM

Fished from bank for hour or so yesterday. Not as muddy by ramp/island as it was a couple weeks ago. Caught one on very first cast and then not another bite. Wind was really blowing hard. Saw couple rods in kayaks/canoes but nobody fishing.They were busy paddling against the wind.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/20/15 05:51 PM

you can usually see 20ft down or more there, can watch 13 lbers spawn that deep there. the record was caught by a friend of mine 14 + something on a swimbait that I swear was 14 inches long.

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/20/15 06:18 PM

The lake is nothing like it used to be.

Re: Tyler State Park - 04/20/15 07:27 PM

The lake is nothing like it used to be.

I have no idea. My first time but when I fish only half a day and boat 20 fish I'll take it. Better than a poke in the eye.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum