Texas Fishing Forum

Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) UPDATED

Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) UPDATED - 04/17/15 12:56 PM

Anybody want to do some sight fishing?

The second photo is of my client and an angler fishing next to us and both caught fish at the same time so, I got him over to weigh his fish and take a photo. (8.48 - 8.19) That was a blast!

I've got a couple of early dates in May available and it's going to be great fishing.

UPDATED: Report

I thought I would put up a report for y'all before I leave Thursday for the TTT and the FLW Rayovac on Texoma.

This last week I have been around mid-lake throwing a split-shot rig with a fluke ( Mardigras) in about 4' water, on a few points the fish are starting to set up on. Some of these fish are moving back out and a few are still moving up.

If I'm not doing that, I am sight fishing with a tiny Paca Craw (Okeechobee) or a weightless fluke ( Mardigras) and a Popping Frog
( Black) while looking for them up in all the newly flooded cover.

The lake has been hard to sight fish this last week due to all the rain, and the carp are up bad to. But you can still find a few good spots around mid-lake. That's where I would spend my time right now.

If you are not catching any fish try running around looking for clear water and sight fish. These fish are up on beds good right now, it's just hard to see them in a lot of spots, but they are still there.

I hope this will hep y'all out - I still have some dates for May if anybody is looking.

Thanks, Eric Wright
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/17/15 02:49 PM

Beautiful bass Mr. Wright. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/17/15 02:53 PM

Great job Eric, you guys are having a hay day out there right now....
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/17/15 02:54 PM

flehan
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/17/15 06:33 PM

Nice!!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/17/15 09:08 PM

I am living vicariously through all you guys on the lake right now....
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/18/15 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I am living vicariously through all you guys on the lake right now....

Posted By: Txwhitacre

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/18/15 11:56 PM

Very good Eric.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/19/15 02:33 AM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/19/15 10:17 PM

Thanks guys-

Forgot to put the bait I am using. I've been throwing a Paca Craw texas rig (Okeechobee) - Despite the bad weather last night these fish were biting good for a half day trip this morning.

Posted By: GUER03

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/19/15 10:50 PM

More nice ones Eric thanx for the update. I can't wait to get there in a few days. See ya then!
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/19/15 10:52 PM

Nice fish Eric! With all the rain you've guys have gotten will the sight fishing still be on this coming week?
Posted By: John Sanner

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/20/15 02:17 AM

Awesome fish

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/20/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Jalwine
Nice fish Eric! With all the rain you've guys have gotten will the sight fishing still be on this coming week?

Thanks bud. Yes it will, just a little tricky.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/20/15 10:50 PM

Great job out there Eric!
Posted By: rodiebob

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/21/15 12:19 AM

That first fish is purty!!! Nice job Eric.

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/22/15 02:15 AM

I thought I would put up a quick report for y'all before I leave Thursday for the TTT and the FLW Rayovac on Texoma.

This last week I have been around mid-lake throwing a split-shot rig with a fluke ( Mardi Gras) in about 4' water, on a few points the fish are starting to set up on. Some of these fish are moving back out and a few are still moving up.

If I'm not doing that, I am sight fishing with a tiny Paca Craw (Okeechobee) or a weightless fluke ( Mardi Gras) and a Popping Frog (Black) while looking for them up in all the newly flooded cover.

The lake has been hard to sight fish this last week because all the rain, and the carp are up bad to. But you can still find a few good spots around mid-lake. That's where I would spend my time right now.

If you are not catching any fish try running around looking for clear water and sight fish. These fish are up on beds good right now, it's just hard to see them in a lot of spots, but they are still there.

I hope this will help y'all out - I still have some dates for May if anybody is looking.

Thanks, Eric Wright
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/22/15 02:30 AM

Thanks for the report and good luck at your tournaments!
Posted By: Mega23

Re: Incredible Week on Lake Fork (PICS) - 04/29/15 07:01 AM

Thanks for update. I have you already booked in May and getting excited!!!!! Lake is full and my dock is holding few fish. See ya soon.

Fish-On
Donna
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum