Texas Fishing Forum

Thanks Rockwall Marine

Posted By: T CLIMER

Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 11:17 AM

Just want to thank John,Haydan and Bump for staying late last Friday to get my boat out so I could fish Bass Champs! Theses guys go above and beyond for customers! Tommy you got a bunch of good guys! First class! Thank you guys!
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 11:29 AM

They are always Johnny on the spot. Great guys over there for sure!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 11:52 AM

Rockwall Marine simply Rocks!!!!

I always recommend them over Plano Marine for sure....just sayin.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 01:39 PM

yessir. They helped get my boat ready last year right before a Champs event.... Worked their tails off just to get me going for the tournament. Good guys for sure!
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 01:48 PM

Yep they are great folks. A number of years ago I was pre-fishing for a tournament on Caddo and an alarm went off on my boat. I called Rockwall Marine while on the water and they talked my through what turned out to be I had water in my gas and what I thought was an engine overheating alarm turned out to be an alarm that my gas filter was full of water. I emptied it and went on my way fishing. They saved my weekend and did not get a dime from me that day.

Whish I could say I won the tournament but I did not. I did catch my PB that day a 10.68.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 02:14 PM

Glad you have good luck with them. The first and last time I used them to replace the water pump impeller, I stopped to get gas after picking up the boat and noticed the nuts holding the lower unit were backed off. I could turn them with my hand. No big deal, took it back and the guy got PO'd and came out with a normal socket (I guess they aren't torqued) and tightened them as hard as he could. Haven't been back.

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: fish4bass
Glad you have good luck with them. The first and last time I used them to replace the water pump impeller, I stopped to get gas after picking up the boat and noticed the nuts holding the lower unit were backed off. I could turn them with my hand. No big deal, took it back and the guy got PO'd and came out with a normal socket (I guess they aren't torqued) and tightened them as hard as he could. Haven't been back.
Sorry to hear you had a problem but you can't be in business as long as Tommy has been if you aren't doing things right and having good customer service! I been using him since the very early 90's. They also do a lot to support the tournament trails and the fishermen, without people like Rockwall Marine there would be no trails! Maybe they just over looked something, they are human! It happens! Keep up the good work guys!!
Posted By: Charley David

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 03:38 PM

Been taking my stuff to Tommy for close to 15 years & have always been impressed by the quality service & top notch people.
Thank you Tommy & Team @ Rockwall Marine.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 05:55 PM

You know, IMO, humans screw up all the time. Its just part of it. But when you have honesty and integrity and fix something you messed up then that's just fine by me. It's the places you go to that are crooks from the start that bother me.... Rockwall Marine is not one of those places.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
You know, IMO, humans screw up all the time. Its just part of it. But when you have honesty and integrity and fix something you messed up then that's just fine by me. It's the places you go to that are crooks from the start that bother me.... Rockwall Marine is not one of those places.
Very well put! No employee is ever perfect. Mistakes happen, and it how the mistakes are corrected that make a company.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 10:41 PM

I think Rockwall Marine would be the first to say that is unacceptable and to make everything right. If that is your only experience with them, then you are missing out. I am not sure how many times I have had my boat in their shop, but each time they have gone above and beyond to make sure that it was taken care of in a professional and timely manner. They have also stayed late to make sure they had me out before a tournament. Give them another shot and you will have an excellent experience.
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: TdRoss

I think Rockwall Marine would be the first to say that is unacceptable and to make everything right. If that is your only experience with them, then you are missing out. I am not sure how many times I have had my boat in their shop, but each time they have gone above and beyond to make sure that it was taken care of in a professional and timely manner. They have also stayed late to make sure they had me out before a tournament. Give them another shot and you will have an excellent experience.

TdRoss, after taking my boat there many times in the past there are places I would rather take my boat as well.I don't feel I am missing out. Each to his own.
Posted By: Moose K

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/15/15 11:12 PM

They worked on my duck boat motor, didn't reconnect the oiler and now I have a cracked head.

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 01:17 AM

That was when I lived in the city. Now I live near the big pond and have more good retired mechanics than you can shake a stick at. All do solid work. It was 10 years ago.... maybe they changed ownership since then.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 01:22 AM

I have no complaints about the service I have received from them. I don't think I have ever had my boat back when they said I would though. I guess the Bass Champs fishermen come first. LOL. I will still do business with them though.
Posted By: Ranger1960

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 01:23 AM

Rockwall marine is as good as it gets. You don't stay in business as long as Tommy has without providing good service. We're lucky to have them in our backyard.
Posted By: bluemax47

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 01:29 AM

That whole operation is first class!

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF
I have no complaints about the service I have received from them. I don't think I have ever had my boat back when they said I would though. I guess the Bass Champs fishermen come first. LOL. I will still do business with them though.

You wear your Jersey? Seriously.... the only thing better than a good outboard mechanic is a good committed Plumber. Fortunately I have both.
Posted By: Ranger1960

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 02:10 AM

You wear your Jersey? Seriously.... the only thing better than a good outboard mechanic is a good committed Plumber. Fortunately I have both.
whats the jersey got to do with it

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 02:26 AM

I dunno. I was wearing a pocket T and it was my first visit based on the recommendations here. Was not impressed. My experience.

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 02:28 AM

I wasn't trying to ster up the pot guys everybody got there own option, I was simply thanking the guys that stayed late on a Friday to get my boat finished!!

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: T CLIMER
I wasn't trying to ster up the pot guys everybody got there own option, I was simply thanking the guys that stayed late on a Friday to get my boat finished!!

I believe that. A good mechanic is hard to find. And I am glad you are in good with them and get good service. cheers
Posted By: brewski

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 02:40 AM

They are indeed first class. Have helped me on two separate occasions to get back on the water quick. Hats off to how you should run a business Great job guys!!
Posted By: DJTripleR

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 06:32 PM

Kinda what I was thinking too. I never got mine back when they said I would....actually not even close to when they said. I keep hearing "they stayed late to get me to my tournament". Well why is that person anymore important than the guy in a pleasure boat that needs his boat for a family out or an out town trip? That is NOT the way to do business. I am not saying I will never be back but if I can find another alternative I will and have for the last 5+ years.
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Thanks Rockwall Marine - 04/16/15 08:19 PM

In the spirit of the post Mr. Climer was simply thanking Tommy and his crew for going the extra mile and getting his rig ready for the tournament. Due to his great experiences with Rockwall Marine he wanted to put the word out that they can do the same for you as well. Keep them in mind if you need some work done. If you have someone you use and they take care of you, then great. Carry on.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum