Texas Fishing Forum

Amistad spawn??

Posted By: Toad Jerker

Amistad spawn?? - 04/15/15 03:42 AM

Anyone know if the fish on amistad have already spawned? I am here fore a few days and didn't get to bring my boat so I was just curious. Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Amistad spawn?? - 04/15/15 11:43 AM

From a friend that lives there said their in all stages, pre and post spawn. fish
Posted By: coyotebass

Re: Amistad spawn?? - 04/15/15 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: pil,b
From a friend that lives there said their in all stages, pre and post spawn. fish

+1
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Amistad spawn?? - 04/15/15 03:57 PM

Our club fished Amistad this last weekend, one angler caught as many as 30 with only 2 being keepers. Some did better and some not so good. Some being caught on CB in 20 foot of water with and without eggs. Nothing shallow and very sporadic.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Amistad spawn?? - 04/15/15 05:19 PM

The spawn is about 80 or 90% done down there. My BIL was down there for 3 days last week and most of the bedding areas had been taken over by the bluegill, very few fish on beds, and the ones that were were small.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Amistad spawn?? - 04/15/15 05:25 PM

I'm starting to see lots and lots of shad very shallow flicker jumping and frolicking here in DFW, so I'd believe it's about 90% done down at Amistad.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Amistad spawn?? - 04/15/15 06:10 PM

They were probably 75% done when we were there for Champs last month. Some on beds but a lot of empty beds. I would imagine they are close to being done.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Amistad spawn?? - 04/15/15 08:08 PM

Some of the deeper cuts off main lake will be the last to spawn, I've caught fish off of beds on Amistad in 20-25 ft of water. Get back in some of the coves with no wind and sun above you and you can see them. fish
Posted By: West Tex fishman

Re: Amistad spawn?? - 04/16/15 04:55 PM

Last week, 4-6-15, we caught a few in the black brush area off of beds in 6'-8'. Windy and cloudy, so not very conductive to bed fishing. Left that afternoon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum