Texas Fishing Forum

To hydrowave or not to hydrowave....

Posted By: OneFishAway

To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 02:48 AM

I've been on the fence for a while but recently pulled the trigger on an H2. Any thoughts or opinions? Best settings for you? TIA
Posted By: 361V

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 03:00 AM

Not!
Posted By: bassdoode

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 03:00 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 03:07 AM

Least valuable thing on my boat
Posted By: 5Redman8

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 03:21 AM

Buy a color c-lector instead
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 06:38 AM

imho...it works perfect for its designed purpose. I have never seen so many shad surround a boat in all of my life like I have countless times with it
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Shawn Mead
imho...it works perfect for its designed purpose. I have never seen so many shad surround a boat in all of my life like I have countless times with it

X2
Posted By: javelin150

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 10:36 AM

Its helps cover up trolling motor noise
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 12:50 PM

I would say yes! There have been times that I know it got my school fired up.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 12:58 PM

you wont catch them as good as the pros if you don't have 2 hydrowaves on your boat!
Posted By: BassSAT

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 01:08 PM

Waste of money...

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow
you wont catch them as good as the pros if you don't have 2 hydrowaves on your boat!

I'm clearly a lower tier pro with only 1 on my boat! Haha
I'm a total believer that they work. 2 sounds like a bit much but hey until you have tried it you really don't have any right to knock it.
Posted By: marcus254

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 01:36 PM

rubber mallet
Posted By: David Rush

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 01:41 PM

KVD was on the live Elite coverage at Guntersville and gave a great discription of how and when it can work while they were covering Carl Jocumson. I've been a long time user of the unit and learned a lot from that interview. The HW is a tool to help you catch fish. Just like a flipping stick some are better at how they utilize the tool.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 01:46 PM

But don't use a Hydrowave while using a Livingston... The sounds are out of phase with each other and cancel out. Making the sounds of a hillbilly "noodlin" along the bank and scares every fish away for 100 yards. banana

But!!! I have heard that a Hydrowave on its highest setting, while castig a Livingston lure, AND playing the "five pound bass" song on the boats 1000watt stereo brings in HUGE bass. Also helps to have the flat bill on your head with the Elton John edition Costas!
Posted By: BigJohn

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 01:46 PM

The guys that bash it and say they are junk why is that? Ive been looking at the H2 for a while myself. Just want to see why they get bashed. You can PM me if you want. Even if it just helps a little why not get it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BigJohn
The guys that bash it and say they are junk why is that? Ive been looking at the H2 for a while myself. Just want to see why they get bashed. You can PM me if you want. Even if it just helps a little why not get it.
I couldn't tell you if it works. Of not. Haha. I have "heard" that it does help to mask the sound of the TM and flasher. But masking those loud noises has to mean "over powering" them with a louder unnatural noise. I'd think that a very quiet approach to a potential strike zone would be better.

And the Livingston? Mine doesn't work. Really... Dead out of the box. Thought it was clicking once, but it was the wind clacking the trebles against the body. Maybe I need to put it in the microwave for a few seconds to get the battery going. Or something. Lol
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 02:05 PM

I am not sure how well they work, I do know they will bring in Loons, lol, I do remember one time when I fired up a school of fish, only problem is they were sandies.
Posted By: Phnx#22

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 02:41 PM

There are times when the unit amazes me and then there are times I wonder why I spent the money.

Case in point...Prefishing T Bend last weekend and was doing some snoop/stealth prefishing which is standing on the deck in the middle of a bunch of boats pretending to tie on lures while watching to see if anyone is catching fish in the area. I had the power poles down and the wave on...and after about 1o mins of sitting in that one spot I heard a boil...and then another.....and then more and more and the kept getting closer and closer to the boat until I was sitting around a school of fish that found me. I promptly turned it off and within 2 mins it just died....these are the times it amazes me.

If I go to Conroe, my home lake...I can never get any result like the above and wonder why I even bought it....I think it has a lot to do with the lake/depth/boat noise pressure

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 02:44 PM

Has anyone seen any negative affects? Such as turning the bite off? I plan on giving a report about it after a couple months. Obviously I'm not sponsored by them and really don't have a dog in the fight.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 02:44 PM

It doesn't hurt anything, but it is proven to help in certain situations. No problem with having more tools that might help catch you more fish.
Posted By: MV

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

I think they have 2 speakers. Front and back.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 03:54 PM

There is just no proof. I have proof my HDS10's work, I have proof my 10' blades work, I have proof my crankbaits run straight. I have no proof I have caught more fish and have had that one additional bite when turning on the unit.

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 05:26 PM

I know they work. I've seen baitfish & bigger fish get active once I turned mine on. (I'm not sponsored by hydrowave. I'm a paying customer.)
Posted By: Chet

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 08:50 PM

I can honestly say I don't know what they do but I can say I've fished with three different guides that used them. They turned them on, adjusted them and nothing happened. By the second or third time I fished with them they didn't even turn them on. That's all I've got.

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 08:59 PM

I don't use mine in shallow water. They seem to get the activity going on offshore lakes.
Posted By: nwest10

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Sktr#22
There are times when the unit amazes me and then there are times I wonder why I spent the money.

Case in point...Prefishing T Bend last weekend and was doing some snoop/stealth prefishing which is standing on the deck in the middle of a bunch of boats pretending to tie on lures while watching to see if anyone is catching fish in the area. I had the power poles down and the wave on...and after about 1o mins of sitting in that one spot I heard a boil...and then another.....and then more and more and the kept getting closer and closer to the boat until I was sitting around a school of fish that found me. I promptly turned it off and within 2 mins it just died....these are the times it amazes me.

If I go to Conroe, my home lake...I can never get any result like the above and wonder why I even bought it....I think it has a lot to do with the lake/depth/boat noise pressure

Those were drone fish that were sent over to see what that a-hole is doing just standing in his boat acting like he's tying on lures.. roflmao
Posted By: Big Kev

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 10:35 PM

I run mine allot. Not sure if I catch more fish with it on or off or if I have become a better angler since I bought the unit or if the fishing has just been better......but I have recently experienced some thing strange. I was fishing in Glade and noticed every now and then my TM would jump (XI5, moves up easily). I just attributed it to stumps in shallow water. But when it happened with my Talons down........ Just saying I probably should have been fishing next to the Hydro Wave instead of the grass.......
Posted By: Neches

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 11:35 PM

It sure hasn't helped KVD's winning percentage.
Posted By: David Rush

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/15/15 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Neches
It sure hasn't helped KVD's winning percentage.

Not sure if there's an Elite angler without one. Probably is, but idk.

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/16/15 06:44 AM

Thanks for all the replies!
Posted By: Longeye

Re: To hydrowave or not to hydrowave.... - 04/16/15 07:14 AM

Definitely over analyzing the simple art of catching a damn bass.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum