Texas Fishing Forum

Ike Undergoes Surgery

Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/14/15 10:17 PM

He is fine and will fish at the Delta in two weeks and is expected to be near 100%.

After suffering two weeks with pain in his right leg, Mike Iaconelli had successful surgery Monday night to remove blood pooling in his calf.

A day after finishing 12th in the Diet Mtn Dew Bassmaster Elite at Lake Guntersville, Iaconelli was going under the knife at the The Orthopaedic Center in Huntsville, Ala. On Tuesday, he was back on the road to meet up with his family, and with some rest said he should be near 100 percent for the Delta tournament in two weeks.

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/ike-goes-under-knife-0
Posted By: dimitri

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 06:07 AM

ike on painkillers!!!!!! im tuning in to see that.
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 10:56 AM

Awe, I was hoping that he was gonna have his hands amputated and wouldn't be able to fish anymore roflmao
Posted By: 9094

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Joel c
Awe, I was hoping that he was gonna have his hands amputated and wouldn't be able to fish anymore roflmao

He would still catch them.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 01:09 PM

That's a strange thing to say when someone is going in to surgery. I've met and hung out with Iaconelli a number of times. I wouldn't say I know him well, but he's been cool every time I've been around him both in front and away from the crowds. I've never seen another pro angler who spends as much time with kids and he always makes time to take a photo with a fan.

Nothin' worse than hatin' on a guy when he's suffering.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
Nothin' worse than hatin' on a guy when he's suffering.
Posted By: jbassman

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 01:23 PM

I also did not like that comment, I have met Ike, great person, he has been my son's mentor and favorite for a long time.. I just hope nothing happens to you( karma is a bit/h )for saying that. mad
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 01:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your son will grow up breaking things and having temper tantrums well into his 30's.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 02:05 PM

I think he's ok for a Yankee. I'd rather share a boat with him than about 100 other pros I can think of. I think his "tantrums"'are funny.

Get well Ike! And learn to use a swim bait!
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
I'm sorry to hear that your son will grow up breaking things and having temper tantrums well into his 30's.

Many of the guys who choose professional sports to make a living are wound up and passionate. We even see freak-outs in golf. Iaconelli has had a few blow-ups, but so have a number of other professional anglers. Not sure why he gets hammered so hard about it.
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 02:31 PM

With no hands he could squeeze the rod in his cheeks and turn the reel with his dangle and still out fish you guys.

Kicking a fellow outdoorsman when he's down is low why not focus the negativity on some PETA folks or something.
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 02:46 PM

Tasteless comment.
Posted By: bassman34

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 02:55 PM

Kickin a guy when he is down, Classy.
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 03:41 PM

Ike is getting older now, he's gonna have to quit break dancing on his front deck!
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 04:04 PM

I don't know the guy but I just don't like the he acts on camera. He might be a nice guy and all but not my favorite. I'm not going to bash him, I'm just going to wish him well.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: J.P. Greeson
Iaconelli has had a few blow-ups, but so have a number of other professional anglers. Not sure why he gets hammered so hard about it.
I watched Lonnie Stanley have an epic meltdown one day on Livingston during a tournament that would put anything Ike has done to shame. So yes, it does happen.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 05:51 PM

Living proof right here some people have chit for brains.
Posted By: East ex roadrunner

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/15/15 11:53 PM

I like Ike, he is one of my favorite to watch because he always keeps it interesting
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/16/15 12:21 AM

If any of you Ike haters or even everyone else that does not watch his monthly show "Ike Live" at http://mikeiaconelli.com/ike_live.php you should.

See him at home with his wife, friends, and guests. It is really cool and you also get a lot of inside stuff on the other pros. He has had great pro guests not just from fishing but also baseball and football on a times. And you can also view his past shows to see what recent winners have been talking about.

If there is any "pro conflicts" going on he will usually interview all of the parties involved.

And you can call in and ask questions, and also do the same via facebook and e-mail.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/16/15 01:39 AM

Parents are surely proud of things you do and say......
Posted By: MV

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/16/15 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce Allen
If any of you Ike haters or even everyone else that does not watch his monthly show "Ike Live" at http://mikeiaconelli.com/ike_live.php you should.

See him at home with his wife, friends, and guests. It is really cool and you also get a lot of inside stuff on the other pros. He has had great pro guests not just from fishing but also baseball and football on a times. And you can also view his past shows to see what recent winners have been talking about.

If there is any "pro conflicts" going on he will usually interview all of the parties involved.

And you can call in and ask questions, and also do the same via facebook and e-mail.
this is a great show. Last Monday I I.M. and they asked the question to Becky (Ikes) wife pretty cool.
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/16/15 10:14 PM

I have meet him and hung out with him. Great guy off the water. He sat down one day and talked to my son for over a hour. I spent the day with him a year ago and a very very nice guy. Its all for show on the camera!
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/17/15 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: GoArmy

Tasteless comment.
Personal opinion
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/17/15 01:54 PM

Prayers up! Hope his recovery goes well! angel2
Posted By: SlowDown

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/17/15 02:05 PM

Just shut up and fish! banana
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/17/15 02:35 PM

I don't like, in fact I hate, the "show" he puts on but I would never wish anything bad on him. I've also heard from many he's a great guy both on and off the water, especially with what he does with kids. His stuff in the boat is obviously an act but it's very easy to hit the mute button or simply fast forward thru it....."it's a giant....wahoo....fist pump....break dance......2 pounda"

I wish him well in his surgery and for a speedy recovery.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/17/15 03:19 PM

We've all done things we should regret, I'm sure Ike is not proud of his profanity laced meltdown and ripping the Flag off his boat. Seems he is doing a lot to try and change his image. Lotta money on the line that comes with a personable image. I'm no admirer of the guy but wish no ill will towards him.
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/17/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: jbassman

I also did not like that comment, I have met Ike, great person, he has been my son's mentor and favorite for a long time.. I just hope nothing happens to you( karma is a bit/h )for saying that. mad

Neither did I, I don't know Joel C but would bet he regrets that comment. Ike uses his antics to sale himself , and it works!
Never kick a dog when he's down, he might just turn around and bite you back!
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/17/15 04:44 PM

Hope Ike recovers well and continues his march up the leaderboard this year, seems to be getting better here of late. Really nice guy and cares about kids, understands the magic about fishing, great story about how he became a pro as well.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/18/15 03:47 AM

You know there are a lot of the "pro's" I wouldn't won't to share a boat with but I wouldn't wish
harm on any of them. Between Mike, Ish, Chris Lane antics and calling 3 pounders giants and Shaw
sounding like he has his Nads in a vise I can't hardly watch any fishing show they are in.

Johnny
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/18/15 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris G
I don't like, in fact I hate, the "show" he puts on but I would never wish anything bad on him. I've also heard from many he's a great guy both on and off the water, especially with what he does with kids. His stuff in the boat is obviously an act but it's very easy to hit the mute button or simply fast forward thru it....."it's a giant....wahoo....fist pump....break dance......2 pounda"

My thoughts exactly. I understand getting excited catching fish, it is a rush for me, but I can do without all his screaming at the camera and at the fish. I would have more respect for him if he did that. How old is he now??? I believe it is time for him to grow up.
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/18/15 03:37 PM

you're a good guy
Posted By: USA-1

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/18/15 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin
Originally Posted By: Chris G

My thoughts exactly. I understand getting excited catching fish, it is a rush for me, but I can do without all his screaming at the camera and at the fish. I would have more respect for him if he did that. How old is he now??? I believe it is time for him to grow up.

maybe its time for people to grow up and accept the fact that he is living his dream and acting the way he wants too vs livin your life and your behavior style...just saying
Posted By: T54

Re: Ike Undergoes Surgery - 04/18/15 08:58 PM

Some people put way too much credence in what they see on TV. I've spent a couple days with Ike, on the water and off, and he's a great guy. I've met several fishermen who come off really well on TV and are total dicks in reality.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum