Texas Fishing Forum

Hubbard Creek kayaking

Posted By: Bluecatkayak

Hubbard Creek kayaking - 04/14/15 04:50 PM

Me and a buddy are taking a pair of yaks down there this weekend, probably gonna try to catch cats but I may try to catch a bass or two. I'll take pics and post a report later this next weekend! Leaving Thursday after school
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Hubbard Creek kayaking - 04/14/15 05:39 PM

Good Luck it was my favorite lake when it had water to get a bass boat in. It was nothing to catch 30lbs+ out there anytime of the year
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Hubbard Creek kayaking - 04/14/15 06:18 PM

Talked to a guy this past weekend, apparently you can still get a boat in the lake, but its a little sketchy. He also said that you could drop the trolling motor and go left and fish the entire remaining bank line in a long day on the water
Posted By: skeeteroneal

Re: Hubbard Creek kayaking - 04/14/15 07:03 PM

Yeah it's bad. You can launch but it's really a 2 person job. 4 wheel drive helps too.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Hubbard Creek kayaking - 04/14/15 09:29 PM

The cat fishing has been great. The bass fishing is pretty steady and you can catch some big ones.
Sand bass are on all the windy points. Crappie non existent.
I wouldn't try to put a boat of any size on the lake even though people are. I put my little Lowe out with no problem though. The ramp is just some gravel dumped to the edge, very steep and uneven to launch and load. If you don't gave a four wheel drive I highly recommend against it.
Kayak perfect unless a strong south wind.
Posted By: Bluecatkayak

Re: Hubbard Creek kayaking - 04/14/15 11:23 PM

Thanks guys! I can't wait for the trip. Anyone know if you can still get to the camping area on the north side of the lake? I was thinking that would be the most opportune place to launch a kayak. I know that cove used to have a boat ramp, and it's no where near water, but more fishable water near there it looks like
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Hubbard Creek kayaking - 04/15/15 12:01 AM

Fished it yesterday and the ramp is done. Took a while to load and the boat was sitting crooked on the trailer. Ramp falls off to the right badly. Also almost bent the cross member on the trailer. Very shallow water behind the ramp with rocks. We're done using it, not worth tearing up a boat or trailer.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Hubbard Creek kayaking - 04/15/15 02:35 AM

Yes you can get to the camping area just west of the dam. The ramp is long out of the water but you can launch your yak all along the park shore.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum