Texas Fishing Forum

East Texas Lake Suggestions

Posted By: Stew

East Texas Lake Suggestions - 04/13/15 05:01 PM

I've got a few days off starting this Thursday. What lakes, within an hour or so of Tyler, would ya'll head to? Which will be the least effected by the rain? I would like to bed fish, but I'll settle for some swim jig and frog action.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: East Texas Lake Suggestions - 04/13/15 05:05 PM

Fork
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: East Texas Lake Suggestions - 04/13/15 05:09 PM

Cypress Springs, Bob Sandlin, and Monticello. Pick one or fish all three. They all connect. All 3 are excellent bass lakes. I would bet Cypress has the clearest water of the 3 but sight fishing on the beds may be difficult anywhere with all the rain.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: East Texas Lake Suggestions - 04/13/15 05:26 PM

They are not "connected". Each one has it's own dam and the only way to get from one lake to the other is to pull your boat and re-launch. I have a place on Sandlin and If I want to fish either Monticello or Cypress it takes me about 20 minutes to drive to each of the other lakes to launch.

If the Sandlin ramp is open (it was not when the water was lower) at the Monticello park, you can fish Monticello pull the boat and re-launch at the Sandlin ramp which will put you in on Sandlin at Monticello Cove.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: East Texas Lake Suggestions - 04/13/15 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher
They are not "connected". Each one has it's own dam and the only way to get from one lake to the other is to pull your boat and re-launch. I have a place on Sandlin and If I want to fish either Monticello or Cypress it takes me about 20 minutes to drive to each of the other lakes to launch.

If the Sandlin ramp is open (it was not when the water was lower) at the Monticello park, you can fish Monticello pull the boat and re-launch at the Sandlin ramp which will put you in on Sandlin at Monticello Cove.

Allen is correct. They are separated by dams. I didn't mean to convey they are all part of the same body of water. They are all their own lake with their own dams. My mistake....
Posted By: Bass98

Re: East Texas Lake Suggestions - 04/13/15 06:37 PM

Fork, Pines, Athens, Holbrook, and Perky would be my top 5 in no real order.
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: East Texas Lake Suggestions - 04/13/15 06:44 PM

Fork is on fire for shallow fish right now!
Posted By: cbow44

Re: East Texas Lake Suggestions - 04/14/15 03:58 AM

Pines is hot right now. At our club tournament this past weekend, we had 7 bags over 20 pounds.
Posted By: Knot at work

Re: East Texas Lake Suggestions - 04/14/15 04:20 AM

I used to live in Longview and all I can say is Lake-o-deee Pines
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum