Texas Fishing Forum

Bob Sandlin

Posted By: TxDan61

Bob Sandlin - 04/13/15 03:30 PM

Going to Bob Sandlin on Friday anybody have any information lake condition what fish may be doing no spot just pattern
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Bob Sandlin - 04/13/15 04:35 PM

It's probably going to be chocolate milk on Friday. Lots of rain today and rain in the forecast all week.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Bob Sandlin - 04/13/15 05:02 PM

Hard to say but I'd probably focus on a post spawn pattern. I'd focus on the north side coves with good primary creek channels. Hopefully you can find some grass. I've had a lot of luck on spinner baits, red rattle traps, sinko style baits around the grass. If they are not shallow you might try Carolina rigged lizzards in the channels. I won a big tournament on Sandlin in late March one year on a Carolina rigged lizard fishing in 18-20' when everyone else was fishing shallow. Once I found them I stayed in the same cove, same creek channel, and fished deep all day. Weighed over 28lbs that day. It was hard for me because I'm a shallow water guy but my partner convinced me we could win if we stayed deep and patient. I learned a lot that day from him btw.

The cove just west of the bridge at the state park on the north side has always had grass and held a lot of spring time bass. I used to start there and get my 5 pretty quick more often than not.

Also, I'm not sure what the water level is, but in years past we would go west past the state park towards the Cypress Springs dam and throw frogs in the lilly pads. Had a couple of banner days this time of year up there. I wouldn't go up there if the lake is low. Its very shallow on that end.

There used to be deep grass on the north side up close to the dam. One of the biggest and best grass flats I ever fished anywhere. Could find fish year around there punching.

Discalimer, I haven't been to Sandlin in about 8 years. It's still the same lake but I haven't fished there in some time. I used to, but not in a few years.
Posted By: bigbass1236

Re: Bob Sandlin - 04/13/15 11:43 PM

We fished there Saturday. Pretty dirty water. The fish we caught were in some flooded grass on senkos and flukes.
Posted By: TBear70

Re: Bob Sandlin - 04/14/15 12:56 PM

My buddy & I fished Sandlin this last Sunday. Water level is a little high & it's a bit dirty. We worked hard for the fish we got. Most of them came off main lake points in 10-14 fow. Some places where we thought they should have been held nothing but whisker perch
Posted By: TxDan61

Re: Bob Sandlin - 04/15/15 07:54 PM

Thanks for all the input every bit will help.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum