Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Report

Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Lake Fork Report - 04/13/15 04:29 AM

Fork is fishing fantastically right now! We have been spending 100% of our day sight fishing resulting in a 7-9# fish everyday! I'm concentrating on the south to mid lake areas to avoid the dirtier water. I have two baits I throw at a spawning fish right now, a pegged 3/8oz Tx rig Zoom Speed Craw in natural crew colors on 15# Seaguar InvisX in a Falcon Amistad Special Rod and a Zoom Fineese Worm in Watermekon Red with a nail in the head for those pesky suspended bed fish. We put the Minn Kota Fortrex 112 on 60-80% and start running bank first looking for a bed, when you spot a bed focus a little harder and look for a fish. My Power-Poles play a huge role in our sucess buy not only keeping us stationary but also stopping quickly, quietly and with no mud created by stomping on the trolling motor. I have also been using my push pole a lot to push through flats so I don't muddy the water and fine running my position when setting up on a fish. Once a spot a fish I let it sit a few moments and see if it spooks off, looking to see how far ut spooks and how fast it comes back. If it doesn't spook or comes back within 30 seconds to a minute it's normally catchable. Pay close attention to where it sits as that's normally the sweet spot where you want to put that craw! Make a pitch 3-5 feet past the bed if possible and make it have a quiet and precise entry. Bring it to the fishes face and start jiggling. If it stays and gives you some sort of reaction (roll, nose down or tail kick to the bait) reel out after the bait is off the bed and get back in there ASAP bc it's about to bite! The wacky worm is much more difficult to pitch but works great on deeper beds where bass often suspend and won't go down to get the craw however slot of times you can pop the craw up to it and they will simply suck it in and never move! I make it extremely easy to learn in person as every fish is like a book, you just have to learn to read the book! My Costa Del Mar Blackfin 580G sunglasses are a must even in the clouds. 75% of my clients struggle to see a fish unless it rolls, they learn quickly that when I say set the hook to trust me as it's on! You also don't have to cross a fishes eyes when it bites just a nice crisp hookset is best and remember keep the slack out and guide it away from stumps! We lost a 13-14 last week bc of an extreme hookset with braid costing a customer the fish of a lifetime frown

Back up patterns:
There is currently a good SHALLOW frog bite going on as well, white if it's sunny, dark if it's cloudy and green/natural color just because. There's also a good swimbait bite happening, dark swimbaits on windy points have been best according to my local reports. Of course a drop shot Zoom Finesse Worm in 6-12' and a Jerkbait will catch some fish to! With the rain coming I'll probably be out doing these secondary patterns during periods if rain.

I am currently BOOKING Spring 2016 trips and April is 1/2 booked so get with me quick for your cance to catch that big ole bed fish!

Current Lake Level: 400.16 Full Pool is 403.00 making the lake 2.84 Low

This Weeks Weather Forecast:

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/13/15 04:29 AM

Recent Client Catches:

Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/13/15 09:48 AM

cheers
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/13/15 11:04 AM

Good report!
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/13/15 12:09 PM

thumb
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/13/15 12:23 PM

great report!

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/13/15 01:07 PM

Quiet a few TFFers in those pictures!

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 12:15 AM

All PM's replied
Posted By: edwardphoto

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 01:20 AM

Thanks for the report, I'm headed to Fork for the first time and this gives me a great starting point. I know I won't come out of there with the results you've been getting, but it sure beats going in blind.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 01:33 AM

Nice report and sick pictures Cody! Good job

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 01:52 AM

I appreciate all the kind words ladies and gents!

It was a wet one out there today
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 02:51 AM

Was that you driving down the shoulder on 154 this evening? Wasn't sure if it was you or not

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 03:14 AM

It was, trying to get the mud off slowly..ended up throwing it all over anyway frown
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 12:04 PM

Lol nice
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 01:41 PM

Great pix & report Cody!
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 02:38 PM

Awesome report Cody!
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 03:27 PM

Nice report and fish, I appreciate the knowledge and insight.
Posted By: Stax®

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide-Cody Malone
Quiet a few TFFers in those pictures!

Yes sir!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 10:31 PM

Thanks for a great report and pics. Mr. Malone.

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/14/15 11:13 PM

Here's today's 9.76

Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/15/15 12:13 AM

thumb

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/15/15 11:04 PM

Here's Todd's new personal best from today

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/17/15 10:35 PM

Here's a little write up from Todd who fished with me Tuesady & Wednesday

Originally Posted By: GMTK
Spent 4.14.15 and 4.15.15 on Fork with Cody Malone. This is my third year of going out with Cody, and as usual, I was blown away by his bed fishing talent. I'm not going to post what we were using or where we were on Fork (that's up to Cody) but I can tell you it was nothing special. The key to what we were doing - Cody's eyes. His ability and talent to see exactly what the fish were doing is nothing short of a magic show. Caught 16 fish over both days, two biggest being 9+ and 8+. But the best part of the trip were the lessons he taught to Captain Chunk and I about sight fishing and what to look for. At one point I just sat back and told Cody to catch the fish because I wanted to learn, and it was a pleasure watching the master at work. We could have caught an additional 10-15 fish but we bypassed a lot of smaller fish looking for larger donkeys.

At one point on Wednesday, we saw a nice fish cruising and we sat and tried to figure out where she was bedding. Cody found her in 4-5' of stained water, in a bed off the shore. Captain Chunk and I couldn't see the bed or the fish, but Cody told me where to pitch and how to work the bait. Then all I hear is "set the hook" and she's on. I never felt her pick up the bait, never saw her, nada. But Cody did. It was like watching David Copperfield do tricks. If I wasn't in the front of the boat for it, I wouldn't have believed it.

I've been bass fishing since I was 3 and have learned from some of the best including my dad and Dragmaster, but Cody's talent for bed fishing is above anything I've ever seen.

If you want to learn how to sight fish from the best, call Cody and spend a day on the water with him. It's worth the price of admission to just watch him work.

Here are some videos from the trip including the 9+ caught by Captain Chunk.

https://youtu.be/HcgsD83kUnY

https://youtu.be/gFlIjJnsV6c

https://youtu.be/-99bo9Z7Cl8

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/17/15 10:36 PM

And here's today's big fish

Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/18/15 11:27 AM

Great job Cody.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/18/15 12:26 PM

Solid Post with Solid Fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/18/15 12:59 PM

Great job, Cody.....and great report, too!
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/18/15 01:51 PM

this video right here is why I'm such a fan of Cody, he unselfishly TEACHES everything he knows. 1st time clients or 20th time clients, Cody is the main reason I have developed my bass fishing so quickly in 3 years.

Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/18/15 02:25 PM

I've fished with a bunch of them but not Cody yet. Seems like a great guy tho. I will have to give him a shot. Thanks for sharing the video Rob.

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/18/15 02:52 PM

Anyone interested in an April 2016 trip needs to book with me ASAP, only openings are April 19, 22, 24-30!
Posted By: clunckerboat78

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/18/15 09:04 PM

Wish there more people out there like that! I pass o anything I can Cuz when it comes down to it.

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/19/15 08:57 PM

Open Dates

May - 26, 29
June - 1, 5-10, 15, 16, 18-22, 26-30
Posted By: John Sanner

Re: Lake Fork Report - 04/20/15 02:18 AM

Nice fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum