Texas Fishing Forum

Braid vs fluro

Posted By: Aggie34

Braid vs fluro - 04/12/15 03:34 PM

The past couple of weeks me and my buddy have been fishing Wheeler branch which the visibility is from 8-15 ft depending on the day. We have been catching a fair number on a weightless fluke. I was curious to see if there would be a difference in the number of bites with me throwing straight 20lb braid and my buddy throwing straight 12-15lb fluro. Surprisingly it was even. We both fished out of the front of the boat. Same hook same color fluke, etc. Anybody else had similar results?
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Braid vs fluro - 04/12/15 04:22 PM

The fish must've been hungry then. The fish being able to see the braid is one thing but.. There is a big diff in the way the baits sink on braid versus fluoro.

Cool experiment though.
Posted By: SlowDown

Re: Braid vs fluro - 04/12/15 04:26 PM

In Sring, when fish are more active than at other times of the year, I've noticed that they don't seem to pay much attention to the line you are using.
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Braid vs fluro - 04/12/15 06:22 PM

I've been outfished with braid when I was throwing fluoro, both of us throwing weightless senkos. More than once.
Posted By: Aggie34

Re: Braid vs fluro - 04/13/15 02:52 AM

I was happy with the results of it all. I wish I would of tried a heavier braid just to see if there would of been a difference. The fish were biting however they were real picky about the bite. Most of our fish came from seeing them follow it then we would stop and let it slowly sink. That's when they hit it. I felt that if braid was going to spool them then it would of been then. But they would almost always hit it. Some days it was a long delay others the would hit it right then. I guess it all comes down to personal opinion and confidence. For me I would throw braid whenever I can
Posted By: bassdoode

Re: Braid vs fluro - 04/13/15 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
The fish must've been hungry then. The fish being able to see the braid is one thing but.. There is a big diff in the way the baits sink on braid versus fluoro.

Cool experiment though.
+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum