Texas Fishing Forum

how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait?

Posted By: beeflover

how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/11/15 03:19 PM

I've never seen my line or bait on my front fish finder. Is this because it doesn't point straight down from the trolling motor? You would think they would show up as the depth and cone increases but not for me. Any ideas for me?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/11/15 03:48 PM

I always twist my ducer just a bit to the right and I prefer the skimmer because it allows me to tilt it forwards a bit as well. That way I can drop my bait to the right of the trolling motor and watch her go on down. Works best of the 200 setting.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/11/15 04:49 PM

Are you doing it right beside your transducer? Because of the small beam I have to be right up against it for out to show up. If it is right beside it and still not showing then it will be your settings
Posted By: dimitri

Re: how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/11/15 05:27 PM

turn your ping speed up to the max
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/11/15 07:21 PM

I saw Shaw Grigsby talking about this.. you want to set your scroll speed as fast as it will go to see your lure. I tried it and it worked for me
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/11/15 10:00 PM

Or just switch to lowrance hds. I can see my crappie jig in 20' of water
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/12/15 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: dimitri
turn your ping speed up to the max
No you dont have to do that either I run mine on 75 and have no problems seeing my lures.
Posted By: beeflover

Re: how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/12/15 04:00 PM

Thanks for the input, I'll make sure I have the ping speed on high
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/12/15 04:28 PM

Most of us overestimate how large of diameter the cone actually is. If you are using a 20 degree wide angle cone on the TM you can pretty much divide the depth of the water by 3 and come up with the approximate diameter of the circle you are able to see objects on the graph.

So in 24 feet of water you can roughly see an 8' radius directly under the transducer. Thats not very big. If your bait is more than 4' off to either side of that, you ain't gonna see it bud and thats if your bait is near the bottom.

Make sense?
Posted By: HobieRay57

Re: how do you adjust a transducer on the trolling motor so you can see your line and bait? - 04/12/15 10:53 PM

Gonna try that.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum