Texas Fishing Forum

1st time Lake Fork

Posted By: SwampyMarsh

1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 01:52 AM

Thinking of getting out to Lake Fork in the morning. I have never been there, but when I watch videos and such it looks like there are many areas to bank fish. Anyone know where a couple good spots from the bank are? I keep seeing people post pictures of huge bass from Fork and I am dying for a taste. Unfortunately I don't have a boat!
Posted By: T-Slab

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 02:06 AM

Good luck!
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 02:14 AM

Good luck!

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 02:19 AM

Would rather have a couple tips than luck
Posted By: DAVOBASS

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 02:28 AM

I would go fish off the point - shoreline area around Lake Fork Marina. It's a good spawning cove and some good fish should be within castable distance

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: SwampyMarsh

Hire a guide is my tip.
Posted By: Flipnstik48

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 02:49 AM

If you don't mind wading, there are some toads to be caught. Weather got bad up around that area tonight so it might be a little tough

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: T-Slab

Hire a guide is my tip.

Just because I don't have a bass boat doesn't mean I need a guide. Rent a boat, maybe. But I've been bass fishing for almost 20 years. I'm sure I can find them. Just thought someone would have some good info where to fish from the bank at.

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 02:59 AM

Hire a guide is my tip.

Just because I don't have a bass boat doesn't mean I need a guide. Rent a boat, maybe. But I've been bass fishing for almost 20 years. I'm sure I can find them. Just thought someone would have some good info where to fish from the bank at.

Then why you asking for tips if "your sure you can find them". Pick a bank and start beating it. I'm sure that will work. roflmao

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 03:03 AM

Hire a guide is my tip.

Then why you asking for tips if "your sure you can find them". Pick a bank and start beating it. I'm sure that will work. roflmao

Sounds good thank you
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 03:20 AM

The cove at Lake Fork Marina is a good spot. Also, there are actually nice people there that will probably point you in the right direction on other places to try. Good luck!

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
The cove at Lake Fork Marina is a good spot. Also, there are actually nice people there that will probably point you in the right direction on other places to try. Good luck!

Thanks I'll give it a try!
Posted By: GUER03

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 04:32 AM

Sent you a pm.
Posted By: Guide Richie White

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 04:39 AM

Check a map and look for all the boat ramps and bridges. You can find enough of them to keep you busy all day long. They all hold fish.
Posted By: D Thomas

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 04:46 AM

Pope's Landing area can be good! Also every time I drive by "Wood Cove" on the way to the Burnin' Stump I drool a little.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 04:58 AM

Hire a guide is my tip.

Don't rent brother, save your money. Those boats are garbage and half the equipment won't work.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 10:59 AM

The bridge on Hwy17 and Williams creek ain't bad.

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 12:11 PM

Thanks a lot yall. I'll post pics of my catch later
Posted By: Slade

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 01:28 PM

It's my favorite place in the world. I know some people really love it and others don't really like it. For me, I don't fish tournaments so catching slot fish all day is great. I have caught more big fish out there then anywhere else, and it seems like the lake is full of fish in the #5-#7 range, which is pretty amazing. I can't get enough of it myself, heading back in the morning
Posted By: Ronnie Merrifield

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 01:47 PM

there is a little pocket off the bridge on little mustang. there is a fence in the water and i fished about 15 ft out passed where the fence ended all the way up to the bank between the fence/bridge one day before my buddy drove in from LA. It has a sharp drop off. I caught a couple monsters there, and had a big one break off (bad line). a week later i saw someone on tiger droppings standing in the same spot with a 10lbr. lol.

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 02:24 PM

And where is little mustang. Mind you I've never been to fork. Driving there now

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/10/15 11:51 PM

Fished from the bank. Caught this 5 lber I'm the first couple casts and then it was pretty slow from then on. Did catch a couple more, but nothing big
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/11/15 12:46 AM

Looks like you did pretty good
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: 1st time Lake Fork - 04/11/15 01:34 AM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum