Texas Fishing Forum

*help*terminal tackle:STOP HOOKS FROM SLIDING

Posted By: Bassslayerr

*help*terminal tackle:STOP HOOKS FROM SLIDING - 04/09/15 10:00 PM

I love using storage trays but I have hit a bump in the road. Recently I have noticed that whenever I turn my storage tray sideways(in a backpack when pond fishing) my hooks will play musical chairs with the compartments. I want to get a storage trey in the 3700 size that does not allow my hooks to slide over, ori want to do some mods tomy old one to prevent this from happening. I do not want to use bags and I dont want my hooks to stay in their original packaging either. Does anyone have any tips on things they've doneto prevent this problem from occurring to them? Thanks
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: *help*terminal tackle:STOP HOOKS FROM SLIDING - 04/09/15 10:16 PM

Tip here. There is a thin soft foam that comes in many computer boxes and other electronics boxes. I have a few sheets that I have cut to fit my lids and glued them in the lid. They are about 1/8 inch thick and work great. When you close the lid and latch the two latches it suck the foam and lid down tight. The foam is touching the dividers because it leave a imprint in the foam showing each compartment. Nothing can get over into the next compartment form one to the other.
Posted By: TanHner36

Re: *help*terminal tackle:STOP HOOKS FROM SLIDING - 04/09/15 10:27 PM

^^^^^^
Beat me to it. Sometimes I will put a dab of super glue on the dividers before putting them where I want them. This can also help hooks from sliding underneath the dividers.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: *help*terminal tackle:STOP HOOKS FROM SLIDING - 04/09/15 10:31 PM

Honestly my favorite trays have became the expensive plano boxes. They might cost more, but I have had them last a lot longer. They tend to seal best and I always keep several handfuls of rice throughout them.
Posted By: rmedoc

Re: *help*terminal tackle:STOP HOOKS FROM SLIDING - 04/10/15 03:14 PM

This is the new box that I found to solve my problems. I love it. You can throw this thing everywhere and nothing ever moves from its spot.

Plano 45-501 Hook & Sinker Organizer - $10.99

Had to wait on a backorder to be filled from Tackle Warehouse, but was the best box I ever purchased.

Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: *help*terminal tackle:STOP HOOKS FROM SLIDING - 04/10/15 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Honestly my favorite trays have became the expensive plano boxes. They might cost more, but I have had them last a lot longer. They tend to seal best and I always keep several handfuls of rice throughout them.

I rarely have them slip into next compartment. After busting my Falcon hook box (it was too small anyway) I went to the Plano box with seals....I like it! I label the top of the box with the hook or weight size. Its much thicker plastic too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum