Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend Boat Lanes

Posted By: TxPanhandle

Toledo Bend Boat Lanes - 04/09/15 09:12 PM

Heading down to Toledo Bend next week for 2 weeks. Is there any place to buy Lance Vick's Boat lanes at the lake. I have waited to long to order one and I not sure about downloading one to a SD card on my computer. I am staying at Fin & Feather. Any info would be appreciated.
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Toledo Bend Boat Lanes - 04/09/15 09:18 PM

I got mine in the same week I ordered it
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Toledo Bend Boat Lanes - 04/09/15 10:40 PM

Download works great.
Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide

Re: Toledo Bend Boat Lanes - 04/09/15 10:48 PM

Just stay in the marked boat lanes and you will be fine.
Posted By: CDubSmith2

Re: Toledo Bend Boat Lanes - 04/09/15 10:56 PM

That's not entirely true. Hung a stump last month in the middle of a marked boat lane and shredded the lower unit. $6200. Stay in the boat lane and chances are you'll be ok... It's a flooded forest, it's still a gamble.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Toledo Bend Boat Lanes - 04/09/15 11:45 PM

The download is real easy. That said I went to Toledo and the boat lanes on the chip were off from where the bouys were. I ran the bouys but I don't know which is right. In one spot the lane went around a tree and the straight line between bouys went on the opposite side of the tree. I also launched at fin and feather so it was all in housen bay. Its just a gamble on that lake
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Toledo Bend Boat Lanes - 04/10/15 12:58 PM

I downloaded the TBend/Rayburn/Fork combo several years ago & have never had a problem. I was curious about the buoys several years ago, so I decided to mark several of them with GPS. I found over time some of them had moved from where I had marked them. I don't know if strong winds had moved them or boats had hit them & moved them or whatever caused them to move. Some had moved several feet and several feet on T Bend can mean the difference between a clear trail or as in CdubSmith2's case $6200 in damage. I know Housen very well & there are few few places where I still take it a little slower than normal. Just be careful and ALWAYS wear your life jacket when running. Have fun & I hope you catch a ton of fish.
Good Luck,
Mike
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum