Texas Fishing Forum

HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW?

Posted By: CarsonM

HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 04:30 PM

Long story. Selling a boat through Mcgoy's toys which turned out to be a bad idea. Apparently the boat is sold but I have yet to receive payment. I am trying to trying to track down the buyer and get his end of the story. It has been approximately 100 days since the boat "sold". It is a very sketchy situation that I am embarrassed to be in. My bank has the titles and boat is still registered in my name. In fact the trailer registration is expiring this month.

I bought the boat off the forum last year so you may recognize it. I am unable to upload photos.
It is a 2006 Skeeter ZX 200 with a 200HDPI. Color scheme is white/blue with silver striping and accenting. It has two 8' blue power pole blades.

If any of you guys have seen this boat, have any info, want pictures, or want to ask me questions please shoot me a PM. Thanks for any help
Posted By: Fishing the Bend

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 05:42 PM

popcorn
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 05:55 PM

They never called you and said hey we sold it? They took the money and ran bolt
Posted By: Chris B

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:03 PM

Very crooked buisness. Get the law involved if possible. My cousin had a very bad dealing with them that I got involved in.
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:04 PM

Here are a couple pictures of the boat.

Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:15 PM

The one thing I see happening here is the boat is going to resurface eventually and in the end the guy that bought is probably going to be the one to be out on the money deal if this turns into a crimenal action. You might have a TP&W officer run the serial numbers on it to see if it has been re-regsitered already. Who ever bought it is probably chomping at the bit right now to get papers for it as well at least for the trailer.......
Posted By: Chuck N. Wind

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:16 PM

You have the titles, report it stolen.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck N. Wind

Agree, technically, it's been stolen.
I am angry just reading your report. Sorry this has happened.

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:21 PM

Might not be a bad idea. I'd take that idea up with the local police or a TP&W Game Warden.......It isn't like they don't have a good starting point. I bet if a GW showed up and started asking questions they'd fork over the cash pretty fast.....
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:24 PM

Good luck... What a sorry situation.

What has McGoy's been saying? You have been blowing up their phones and beating down their doors right?
Posted By: snickers

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:27 PM

Is it Insured ? report it stolen and let them tell the officer what happened to the boat
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:40 PM

Sorry man! I wouldn't have gone ten days with out the money. I would 100% report it stolen bc it has been. Feel bad for the guy on the other end of that deal as well
Posted By: HasBen

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:43 PM

Something missing here, like, what is McGoy's story? That is where this should begin and end.
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:45 PM

The 'buyer' could get around the trailer tag deal by declaring it homemade and get new tags. I would be very clear in a complaint to LE about what happened. You went to the location to retrieve your boat or funds from its sale. The location can produce neither the boat nor the funds, so you presume it was stolen and would like to report it as such. Or something along those lines.

If your boat is retrieved, this it will be a civil action between the 'buyer' and McCoys. I would just concentrate on getting the asset back in your hands since they cannot produce the cash.

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:47 PM

Actually called him just before this post and gave him until tomorrow at 5:00PM before I get Lewisville PD involved. He responded by giving me a tracking number for the check he supposedly sent. Well turns out the tracking number is about 5 digits shy of being verifiable.

I have been calling multiple times a week or ever multiple times a day the last few months but obviously, to no avail. I've never had to take legal steps like this in my life but I clearly am out of options. I feel terrible for the poor buyer, I am sure he is on the up and up. I appreciate all of the replies/advice, keep them coming.
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:50 PM

They report it sold but have failed to release the funds, report it stolen, just call the cops and explain situation, while calmly waiting in your car at McGoys for LEO's to show up and file report. McGoys will either be forced to give boat or cash, end of story.... unless we didn't get he full beginning of the story. I'd love to hear their end of it... I wasn't much impressed with them when I was boat shopping personally but I'd have a hard time see any dealer make such a stupid move... but criminals aren't usually smart, if they are in fact criminals.

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:54 PM

As far as how Mcgoys has responded...it is always something to the extent of "this is not unusual for the process to take this long". "I am still waiting on some paperwork from the buyers bank". " I am paying your bank out of pocket until I get the titles and then I will receive payment so I'm being proactive". (Yeah he said that last one?!)

He cannot tell me the date that he "closed" on the boat, what day the boat left the facility, or anything along those lines. They answer or call me back almost always but I NEVER get any information that holds weight. It's always just another run around.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 06:56 PM

Have you gone and spoke to them in person?
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:00 PM

yeah they are full of [censored], no good business would not keep on record when they sold a boat, and when it left their possession. If they didn't record that stuff, they wouldn't be in business very long. Sounds extremely shady to me, and like others said, I would call the police and report the problem and let them go and talk to the place. Better to stay out of it at this point to avoid making it worse or getting emotional and doing something you will regret

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:11 PM

If it's financed through the bank, he would have had to send over drafting papers for the loan itself. Tell him you demand a copy of the drafting paperwork from sale... sounds more like he's doing some dumb under the table "owner finance" type [censored] without being the owner.

Definitely call the police and get a report started if he does not have your money or your boat, plain and simple.

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: CarsonM
Actually called him just before this post and gave him until tomorrow at 5:00PM before I get Lewisville PD involved. He responded by giving me a tracking number for the check he supposedly sent. Well turns out the tracking number is about 5 digits shy of being verifiable.

I'd move up that time frame to right now instead of 5pm tomorrow just for the simple fact that you were obviously lied to.

Its about integrity. They seem to have none. No patience for that.

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:14 PM

I am glad I followed my gut instinct and took my business elsewhere after we visited their dealership last fall. Sorry for your troubles, but can't wait for updates on this one. stir
Posted By: CLedbetter

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:21 PM

I have been calling multiple times a week or ever multiple times a day the last few months but obviously, to no avail. I've never had to take legal steps like this in my life but I clearly am out of options. I feel terrible for the poor buyer, I am sure he is on the up and up. I appreciate all of the replies/advice, keep them coming.

You are much more calm, cool and collected about this than I would be. I would be up there raising hell as we speak. Heck, this story makes me even wanna call up there for you and start yelling.
Posted By: Kenneth1985

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:25 PM

good luck. Nice looking rig

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:27 PM

Update: I'm not sure if it was my ultimatum or word of mouth from TFF, but the owner just personally went to his bank and wired the money to my lien holder. He sent me a copy to verify.

Not out of the woods yet though, I need to see that money hit the loan account AND the scariest part is he still has to cut me a check for the remainder amount from the sale price minus payoff.
Posted By: driedmeat

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
Might not be a bad idea. I'd take that idea up with the local police or a TP&W Game Warden.......It isn't like they don't have a good starting point. I bet if a GW showed up and started asking questions they'd fork over the cash pretty fast.....

both of the above. I had a follow up call from a TP&W investigator shortly after purchasing a boat about 5 years ago. He told me they were investigating the dealership (reputable one at that) where I made the purchase for dragging their feet submitting paperwork to the State in regards to registration and sales tax. They might already have an open investigation going on that business you are dealing with...

edit.. glad you are making progress.. don't take your foot off his neck yet.

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:35 PM

Update: I'm not sure if it was my ultimatum or word of mouth from TFF, but the owner just personally went to his bank and wired the money to my lien holder. He sent me a copy to verify.

Not out of the woods yet though, I need to see that money hit the loan account AND the scariest part is he still has to cut me a check for the remainder amount from the sale price minus payoff.

Just don't sign over title until you're paid.
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 07:38 PM

I would contact the PD now and see what your options are. The more time you let go by the more time your giving someone to cover their tracks. My guess is this is a lawyer matter, not a police matter. Call Now
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/19/15 11:32 PM

I agree - call PD now.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 12:29 AM

I have been assigned to our department's Criminal Investigations Division - Crimes Against Property for the past 8 years (28 year veteran overall). Listen to what the guys are telling you and contact your local agency and report your boat stolen first thing in the morning....

This will begin the criminal process and more than likely "convince" the shady dealership to produce your boat. If your boat is returned, then no harm no foul and the criminal case goes away....

It is VERY IMPORTANT for you to know that once you start accepting partial payments or make financial deals with the dealership or the third party buyer, you will no longer have a criminal case and the police cannot assist you. You have now entered into a civil agreement and your only option then would be a visit to your local JP to file suit.....

I do not know your arrangement with the dealership, but you are balancing on a fine line between criminal vs civil. If you have entered into an agreement where you are still the expressed owner of the boat (consignment, hook and tow at will, etc) explain that to the police and provide any written documentation.....

I wish you the best of luck. If you were in Longview I could provide you more detailed advice as it relates to our jurisdiction..... police
Posted By: jbassman

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 01:16 AM

I saw a boat just like this one Tuesday at lakeside trolling motor repair. Lake Fork. Installing graphs on this boat
Posted By: ssmith

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 01:23 AM

if you signed a consignment agreement with them I wouldn't tell the law folks it was stolen it could be a big pain for you .
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 01:32 AM

It sounds like a simple case of stealing from Peter to pay Paul. If the buyer had financed through a bank then it should have been wired directly to your bank. It sounds like a poorly run small business and they were using the funds for your boat to float other bills until they could get the money from somewhere else to pay you. If his funds do go through to pay off your boat, do not sign anything until you have funds wired into your bank,

What kind of contract do you have with the company? That should spell out everything in the deal for you and the lot. When I worked at a local department, we wouldn't be filing a stolen vehicle report on it at this time, depending on what your contract states because you voluntarily gave the vehicle to them. Our DA would require you to send a written demand for return of the vehicle giving so many days for it's return before we could classify it as stolen.

Your best route would be an attorney right now.
Posted By: MV

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 01:32 AM

make sure the lien holder sends you the title. so you get the rest of your money. he needs the title for the buyer still. unless there way to get around it.

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 01:35 AM

The point of reporting it stolen is simply a formality to begin the legal process. BUT after months of this nonsense, the day I break and take this thing public was enough for him to drive down to the bank and personally wire the money. The finances have hit my account and all is well.

Thanks again for all the advice and PMs. I hope you guys never have to deal with a situation like this.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 01:48 AM

That's great! End of story. Happy one, too.

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Mulholland
If it's financed through the bank, he would have had to send over drafting papers for the loan itself. Tell him you demand a copy of the drafting paperwork from sale... sounds more like he's doing some dumb under the table "owner finance" type [censored] without being the owner.

Definitely call the police and get a report started if he does not have your money or your boat, plain and simple.
I figure it's either this or they have spread themselves out to thin financially and are having to run their business like a Ponzi scheme of sorts having to sell other boats to complete deals on previously sold rigs....... I bought my last new pickup during the GM bankruptcy. The dealership I bought my truck from took almost 6 months to get my tags. Right after I got my tags they shut the doors. I think they were running a ponzi type of deal too.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 01:58 AM

makes me think I'll just keep my boat until it crumbles into small pieces.....
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 02:15 AM

Well McGoys Toys sounded like a shady or even fictional dealership anyway who in the world had a name like McGoys anyway. Glad you were able to get your money.
Posted By: JACKTHE

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 02:52 PM

I dont understand how you got in this situation to begin with. For me the best way out of this starts at the beginning. When I sell something, I make the transfer only after I receive the money. Buyer and seller walk away clean. Relying on the legal system and law enforcement are your last, and most expensive, and time consuming resort. Anyway, after the fact, it looks like you did the right thing, cause you got your money. Good Job !
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: JACKTHE
I dont understand how you got in this situation to begin with. For me the best way out of this starts at the beginning. When I sell something, I make the transfer only after I receive the money. Buyer and seller walk away clean. Relying on the legal system and law enforcement are your last, and most expensive, and time consuming resort. Anyway, after the fact, it looks like you did the right thing, cause you got your money. Good Job !

Read the post, he had the boat on consignment, it was not a FTF deal with someone. I'm guessing the guy paid cash to the dealer for the boat and they used the money to pay bills or something else. A case of rob Peter to pay Paul.

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Bassdeer
Originally Posted By: JACKTHE

Read the post, he had the boat on consignment, it was not a FTF deal with someone. I'm guessing the guy paid cash to the dealer for the boat and they used the money to pay bills or something else. A case of rob Peter to pay Paul.
I went to the website and they seem legit as any other consignment sales dealer in the area. They have several boats on consignment right now. If I owned any of those rigs I'd get my rear end over there and get it back.............
http://mcgoystoys.com/boattrader.html
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/20/15 06:16 PM

They have been in business for a long time and I have not heard one good story about them. You need to be demanding the difference between the sales price after their commission and the loan payoff now.

For others who consign stuff for sale with a lien on it, you should demand full payment be made to the lien holder who sends the title to the buyer, processes the loan balance and sends any remaining funds to the seller. From a buyer and seller perspective, the lien holder is a neutral third party.
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 03/25/15 03:30 AM

You can call your bank and arrange for the Dealer to pay your bank the full sale price for the boat. Then your bank will pay you directly what is left after payoff. That way you don't have to wait on the dealership. Also, when the dealership gets their hands on the titles it is their boat to sale although they might just payoff in the name of the new buyer and cut themselves out of the paper trail altogether leaving you missing the equity in the boat. A call to your banker is in order either way they need to know what to expect.. Better advice would come from your loan officer of the bank where your lien is.

Jody
Posted By: Anton99

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 04/09/16 10:40 PM

To the OP.. I'm in the same situation as you with Mcgoys Toys scam. I had a wakeboaring boat that I was selling for 40 grand go missing. After a few calls I stumbled upon detective who's snickering suggestions that I just lost my boat and possibly never get money for it gave me the chills. Apparently Jesse sold my boat to some guy in SC and kept the money. Jesse forged the papers and claimed the boat had no liens. The incompetency of the new lender failed to investigate any lien holders on the boat and took the crooks word for it by clearing the check in his account. How the cop now calls the sale "legal" is beyond me. I've called just about every resource I've had and now I'm at the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next.

It infuriates me on this fine weekend to know there's a guy using my 40 grand boat while i sit here with a loan hanging over my head. I've spoken to the decective and his captain and the answer I got on both account are less then helpful, in fact I get the feeling they are getting a kick out of my situation.

Please get in contact with me, in a situation like this, it would be wise to stick together in case one of us gets ahead of the crooks.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 04/09/16 11:08 PM

There was a thread about this same place a few days ago. Same issue
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 04/09/16 11:09 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/11525379/Searchpage/1/Main/924132/Words/Mcgoys/Search/true/Re:_Anybody_else_a_victim_of_m#Post11525379
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 04/09/16 11:11 PM

Looks like they took down the boat inventory on their website. popcorn
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 04/09/16 11:48 PM

The owner is in jail from what I heard. There are all kinds of complaints like this about them. That boat looks like my buddies skeeter he sold a couple years ago. His name was Jason.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 04/10/16 03:22 AM

I would contact TP+W and check to see if the boat has been re-titled, if it has been, how did it happen without a bill of sale and required signatures on the title forms. if the titles are not transfered inform the Game Wardens of the stolen boat.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: HELP! Has anyone seen this boat in DFW? - 04/10/16 03:24 AM

Under Georgia law we would've called that theft by deception back in the day. I'd report it as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum