Texas Fishing Forum

Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes!

Posted By: REAL ESTATE MAN

Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 02:50 PM

http://tscra.org/news_blog/2015/03/11/the-browning-blog-its-official-its-el-nino/

Released Yesterday by the Texas Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association.
Posted By: SoonerFan-n-TX

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 04:24 PM

I hope that it is true!!! I invite El Nino to come and visit, plus stay awhile.
Posted By: TXBeerHunter

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 04:56 PM

Hope it is true, but I think they are all just guessing, seems like once they think they have something figured out then it doesn't seem to come to pass. Then if it starts raining again they call it the models fault or 'peek a boo'. Man I wish we had Harold Taft back.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: TXBeerHunter
Hope it is true, but I think they are all just guessing, seems like once they think they have something figured out then it doesn't seem to come to pass. Then if it starts raining again they call it the models fault or 'peek a boo'. Man I wish we had Harold Taft back.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 05:43 PM

Let er rip !!!!!!!!!!!!!! bouncy woot
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 06:05 PM

This morning on the local weather, the weather man said a system is supposed to come through next week and, according to him, it could dump a ton of rain over the Ivie watershed. He actually compared it to the time in the 90's when Ivie filled up so quickly. I hope he's at least half way right!
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: westxbass82
This morning on the local weather, the weather man said a system is supposed to come through next week and, according to him, it could dump a ton of rain over the Ivie watershed. He actually compared it to the time in the 90's when Ivie filled up so quickly. I hope he's at least half way right!

Hope they all catch it out that way including Hubbard Creek and Graham
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 06:56 PM

Yeah we need it bad west of Dallas
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 07:08 PM

Bring it!!
Posted By: Texas Husker

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/12/15 09:15 PM

That is great news!! Just give us about 5 frog drowned'ers and we'll all be happy campers.
Posted By: Round Man-Amarillo

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/13/15 01:58 AM

we need a couple of Noah rains in the panhandle and Lake Fork. Keep doing rain dances and pray alot!!
Posted By: SnK1993

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/13/15 02:02 AM

EVERY FIRGGING YEAR. makes it windy
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 03/13/15 03:54 AM

Posted By: REAL ESTATE MAN

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 05/12/15 02:51 PM

I'll be dang if this weather guy wasn't right...........
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 05/12/15 03:21 PM

Some forecasts show 7-8" for the hill country around the Colorado
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 05/12/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Some forecasts show 7-8" for the hill country around the Colorado

I hope so. That's where they need it. East Texas has had enough.
Posted By: DCmac

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 05/12/15 04:02 PM

I'd gladly sacrifice a day of fishing every week to mowing the grass if we'd get a wet weather pattern with 1/2 to 1" rain per week and keep the lakes full.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Sounds Like El Nino is making a return....Hope it stays true and fills up the lakes! - 05/12/15 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: DCmac
I'd gladly sacrifice a day of fishing every week to mowing the grass if we'd get a wet weather pattern with 1/2 to 1" rain per week and keep the lakes full.

That's the way it will happen, too...the rain will fall on the weekend. I've always thought that if I had Tuesday off I would get to fish in perfect weather almost every week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum