Texas Fishing Forum

Welsh Lake question

Posted By: Nitro27

Welsh Lake question - 03/04/15 04:01 AM

Thinking about going on Friday. I've never been to the lake, can someone tell me where the launch is?
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Welsh Lake question - 03/04/15 04:13 AM

The west side of the lake north of the power plant about mid lake.
Posted By: Okyakfishing

Re: Welsh Lake question - 03/04/15 04:40 AM

When you head up lake towards the dam once you get to the power lines, you'll see the point on the left. Slow down and idle about 50-100 yards from the point in almost the middle of the lake is an underwater rock pile it will ruin your day. If you have a good mapping chip it will show it. I'm sure other guys can explain better where it's at. Not big but would be a heck of a start to the morning.

Re: Welsh Lake question - 03/04/15 04:46 AM

Thanks for the help. Hope to have a good day on the water.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Welsh Lake question - 03/04/15 04:51 AM

Lots of post spawn fish chewing. Weightless baits around the grass will get you bit.
Posted By: chevy2011

Re: Welsh Lake question - 03/04/15 05:53 PM

How has the crowds been at Welsh lately on a Friday. Able to stay up on top in the parking area ok. Looking to take a trip there in couple of weeks.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Welsh Lake question - 03/04/15 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Okyakfishing
When you head up lake towards the dam once you get to the power lines, you'll see the point on the left. Slow down and idle about 50-100 yards from the point in almost the middle of the lake is an underwater rock pile it will ruin your day. If you have a good mapping chip it will show it. I'm sure other guys can explain better where it's at. Not big but would be a heck of a start to the morning.
Fish it! wink

Re: Welsh Lake question - 03/05/15 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Originally Posted By: Okyakfishing
Fish it! wink

thumb
Posted By: shayne38

Re: Welsh Lake question - 03/05/15 02:10 AM

I fished it last weekend and took 1st place in my tournament with 22+ lbs. where catching them on top water, traps, creature baits, chatter baits. saw bedding fish south but nothing ready to bite.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Welsh Lake question - 03/05/15 03:37 AM

Light craw colored square bills around stumps can produces fish. Struggling one day and so I tied one on and started catching when the chatterbait wasn't working.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum