Texas Fishing Forum

Anybody have any luck with tubebaits

Posted By: kirbydog

Anybody have any luck with tubebaits - 03/02/15 11:27 PM

Got one rod in the boat rigged with a tubebait with a light insert jig-1/8 oz.

Haven't had a bite on it in weeks-really thought it would work good fished in 8-12'depths.

Anybody else having any luck with one?
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/02/15 11:58 PM

2 of my 5 biggest largemouth succumbed to a Strike King tube lizard. I don't think they're made anymore frown
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 12:00 AM

Flip and drag a tube over lilly pads and hold on.....
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 12:01 AM

Yes, the 4.25 craw tube.
Posted By: KSbassman

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 01:35 AM

Our lakes still have ice on them, but I do like a tube. I fish the tube on a tube jig for smallmouth. I also like to pitch one to cover with a bobber stop pegging the weight to the bait.
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 02:09 AM

I use a tube a lot in the Spring. I change it up depending on the fishery or the specific fish I'm targeting. I've been using a Prowler Lures Fat Jack (4") and Super Tube (5") exclusively for the past few years. The three colors I use the most are Bluegill, Green Pumpkin Red and Watermelon Red. Prowler is a KY based company. The guys up there throw tubes a bunch more than I've seen down here.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 02:10 AM

I like the Reaction Innovations Boom Boom tubes.
Posted By: Lifetime Angler

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 02:26 AM

I know a guy that does.
Posted By: wormy1

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 04:18 AM

One time at Band camp!!!!!!!! roflmao
Posted By: bassdoode

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 06:24 AM

black and blue coffee tubes are awesome. i like to use a weighted swimbait hook with a screw lock, makes the tube fall horizontally and slows the fall a bit instead of the traditional head first type of fall. i like to give them a couple rips and kill it almost like a jerkbait. tubes dont get bit as often as other baits but produce better size.
Posted By: Scott's Creek Skeeter

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 02:08 PM

I have had a lot of luck with a Lake Fork Craw Tube, Texas rigged...
Posted By: Bassalong

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 03:44 PM

Yes. From finesse 8 lb test to flipping with 20 lb test. When I can't get much going on with the bigger squirmy stuff I'll eventually go to tubes. I think the erratic directional changes of the tubes trigger a lot of hits that other baits can't. Plus they are a lot smaller than a lot of other plastics and I think this helps during a tough bite.
Posted By: eagle 2

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 04:11 PM

Yes tubes are good, the temps may not be best for one right now in N texas, but I normally flip one along the bank when the baitfish are there too, split shot maybe 3 inches from the hook on a short spinning set up, you get real accurate putting it up on rocks tree roots etc
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 05:57 PM

White with silver flake. Rig weedless and weightless (maybe put part of a nail weight thru the nose) and throw it along the bank when fish are crusing or on the nest. Fish it like a fluke or senko. Eratic action. Hold on!
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 06:55 PM

Tubes are a great bait. I like to throw them when the water starts warming above 60. I'll drag them on the bottom with a jig head, punch it in heavy grass, finesse it with a split shot rig and even throw it on a drop shot.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 07:10 PM

Had my best cold water day come in sub 40 degree water flipping a green pumpkin Yum Vibra King tube Texas rigged to shallow cover on Lake Worth. We had over 30 fish that day just past the mouth of the river in 38-40 degree water 2' and shallower.
Posted By: stratos basschaser

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 07:20 PM

I fish'm wacky rigged but don't tell anyone.....
Posted By: propman

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/03/15 10:05 PM

They are great for jigging or pitching into cedar trees in that 6 -10" depth. Caught 2. 6# + on back to back pitches into a cedar tree at the mouth of Wolfe creek on Ray Roberts a couple of years ago. TX rigged w/ weight pegged.
Posted By: bassfork

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/04/15 09:16 AM

I like them for bed fishing
Posted By: bluebonnet2

Re: Anybody have an luck with tubebaits - 03/04/15 02:49 PM

good morning,

i use the shaw grigsby HP hooks (2/0, 3/0) with a 1/32 oz. pegged sinker .............great for skipping brush or docks........a lot..........in my boat at all times....color varies.....BPS tubes and strike king...

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum