Texas Fishing Forum

Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ??

Posted By: Lee in Texas

Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 06:49 PM

Well, looks like I'm going to get my 'bucket list' fishing trip. Out of Fin -n- Feather late (last week) of April!!
Man, I'm stoked.
Any suggestions as to where as the lake is soooooooooo BIG?
Baits ??
thanks in advance,
God Bless
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 06:56 PM

You will be hitting it at a great time...might not be a better lake in the country to hit in late April. Enjoy that lake!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 07:04 PM

Thanks, Man I sure hope to. This is the ONE lake I have always wanted to go fish but, life kinda got in the way.
God Bless
Originally Posted By: criglizard
You will be hitting it at a great time...might not be a better lake in the country to hit in late April. Enjoy that lake!
Posted By: snickers

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 07:20 PM

You will not have to go very far

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 07:22 PM

You can stay in sight of fin and feather and catch good fish.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers

This...Lee, I sent you a PM.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 07:30 PM

Thanks Snickers/Ol Man River.....man, as bad as my back is, it will take a while to get there but doggone it, this is something I have always wanted to do but didn't have the time/didn't take the time and didn't have a bass boat.
Well, God willing, that is about to change. Have the time/bass boat and now, hopefully, a great place to fish!
Watched fishing shows all my life, well, some 20-30 years ago. Bill Dance, Rick Clunn, Jimmy Houston all were on there and all seemed to love to fish TB and catch some really nice chunks!! !
God Bless
Posted By: capt grumpy

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 07:40 PM

Good luck lee been wanting to go my self, havent been since the early 70s was a hell of a lake then. Like you said life gets in the way sometimes.
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 07:48 PM

thumb

ALSO, Make sure you have a GOOD MAP with the Boat Lanes OR OR OR a GPS with a Map Chip with the boat lanes. YOU MUST RUN THE BOAT LANES "EXACTLY" ON TOLEDO!!!!!!! Regardless of what all these other Arm Chair Pro's Say!!!! LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING!
There is PLENTY OF GOOD fishing close to Fin and Feather. AND Fin and Feather is a very NICE place to stay and also eat! You will enjoy it very much.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 07:50 PM

Congrats and good luck on the trip Lee! Definently a lake I want to fish soon.
Posted By: rangerb

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 07:55 PM

Lee, lots of folks run a long way to get to the fin n feather area to fish..so you shouldn't need lots of gas for your boat..unless you just want to see other areas of the lake.. Should be able to get more up to date fishing report closer to fishing time.. depending on spawn. If you go the weekend of April 18 and 19th.. you should have fewer boats.. Everyone will be on Rayburn..McDonalds.. And yep as mentioned above, make sure you do stay exactly in the lanes if you run.. only single bouys on the Texas side and they can move around .. eeks

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 08:24 PM

Thanks all. I have read that about staying in the boat lanes MANY times on here. I'm old but I sure try to learn from ya'll about the hazards and dangers! I sure don't want to ruin a long wished for fun trip by knocking off the lower unit of my engine or damaging the hull!
Wisdom duly noted and will be heeded.
Thanks....I really appreciate all the words of advice...
God Bless

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 08:33 PM

Another thing about Toledo is that there are LOTS of Boat Ramps so if you do not want to run OR the weather/Wind is bad then you can just trailer around to another location. PM Me before you get ready to go and closer to your trip and I will see what local info I can gather up.
thumb

Oh Yeah when are you planning to go to Falcon???? Another Bucket List Favorite!!!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 08:36 PM

Super!!! Thanks 'Bigron119'!! That is very much appreciated.
Maybe we will see you there! woot Man, there is very little in life that I would rather do than spend a few days, with good friends on one of Americas' premier bass fishing lakes!!

God Bless
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 08:52 PM

Easy fishing that time of year. Just bring your wacky worms, senkos and topwaters. Fish the grass edges

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 09:07 PM

Falcon? Oh my Lord, I think this will be my only 'long haul' fishing trip. This old body is wearing out a lot faster than the mind is. Want to go a number of places but, I'm going to have to narrow it down to a very few.
Good suggestion though....would love to but....well, enough said
God Bless
Originally Posted By: Bigron119
Another thing about Toledo is that there are LOTS of Boat Ramps so if you do not want to run OR the weather/Wind is bad then you can just trailer around to another location. PM Me before you get ready to go and closer to your trip and I will see what local info I can gather up.
thumb

Oh Yeah when are you planning to go to Falcon???? Another Bucket List Favorite!!!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 09:31 PM

Lee the worst problem you will have is when you get back. Selling your house to move to Toledo

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 09:46 PM

Lee the worst problem you will have is when you get back. Selling your house to move to Toledo
roflmao Now that is one problem I would love to have.....but, since I'm retired, have to admit. I'm no longer the boss.
I used to be, used to run an entire department for the USN but, no longer.
Have to settle all these things with my wife, the boss now. ((((sigh)))
God Bless
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 09:53 PM

you're about to ruin these dfw lakes for yourself

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 09:54 PM

i'll be there for a 3 day fun trip with some buddies at the end of march, if i can remember to i'll send you a full report
Posted By: KnotEnuff

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:01 PM

Lee that is the week of the Texas State Bass Tournament that will be headquartering out of Fin and Feather. You might as well fish that Tournament, they say that was one of the first organized tournaments.
Posted By: 95champ

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:10 PM

Knot is correct. Cool Deal.
Posted By: Samboy04

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:13 PM

No, you buy a house slap in between Rayburn and Toledo. That right there is paradise my friend, you got the best of both worlds!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:15 PM

Hopefully, as we are going during the week, last week of the month, there will be little going on.
Man, ya'll are surely getting my hopes up even higher than I had before.. roflmao
and that's pretty darn high!
If we catch ANYTHING, will post some when we get home. Sorry, my cell phone only 'talks'...., no data plan and if I had my way.... no camera, just a phone.
But, I'll post something... thanks so much for all the information!
God Bless
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
Thanks all. I have read that about staying in the boat lanes MANY times on here. I'm old but I sure try to learn from ya'll about the hazards and dangers! I sure don't want to ruin a long wished for fun trip by knocking off the lower unit of my engine or damaging the hull!
Wisdom duly noted and will be heeded.
Thanks....I really appreciate all the words of advice...
God Bless

The boat lanes are marked very well with buoys in the center of the lanes on the Texas side and markers on each side of the lanes on the Louisiana side (like a highway). With the water level as high as it is, the buoys will be high enough and not swayed to one side or the other of the lane causing potential danger. Unless you just want to spend money on a chip for your graph of the boat lanes, you'll do fine without it. And just FYI - it's actually easier to run in the dark with a spotlight cuz those buoys light up like Christmas Trees!

You'll have fun down there. Like someone said above, Fin n Feather is a nice place with a really good restaurant. The fishing should be pretty dang good, too.
Posted By: Troy250

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:33 PM

Good advice given here Lee. Housen Bay where F&F is located is several miles long, you could fish that cove for two days and not hit the same spot. Good luck with your trip.
Posted By: CDubSmith2

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:38 PM

I know where a lovely house on TB is and just happens to be for sale... private boat ramp in the back yard, 2 slip boat house, perfect little quiet neighborhood. Just wake up grab coffee, enjoy the sunrise on the back deck and then walk down to get into your boat. If I had the money I'd buy the house, grew up there weekends and summers and holidays. Been our family fish camp since the house was built... Sad to see it go frown Love that place

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:40 PM

Again, many thanks ya'll. I knew the lake is huge but guess didn't have a real sense for just how large it is. WOW, fish two days on one cove.....that's big.
Not so sure will get out at night but, perhaps in the early morning hours just before dawn.
Good stuff to know
God Bless

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:50 PM

that place has creek arms as big as lake fork
Posted By: gatoreyes

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/23/15 10:59 PM

I like to use Texas rigged baby brush hogs and trick worms plus a rattle trap. Good luck!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:05 AM

Guess honestly, it's a little too far out/early in the year to be asking about baits.
I only remember the 'Pro's' from time long ago, all using spinner baits almost exclusively.
But, no one ever mentioned weight. All they talked of was the blades used.... leaf/colorado/etc.
God Bless
Posted By: r43

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:37 AM

Lee we just got back from The Bend yesterday and stayed at Fin and Feather. That is a great place to stay and the last day we never left Hausen creek. We caught about 40 or so that day. The size was not great but I bet it will be on in April. Send me a pm and I'll give you the details although it could change between now and April. You are about to have one heck of s fishing trip.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:43 AM

PM sent, thank YOU !!!
God Bless
Posted By: Trunk

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:52 AM

Hello Lee,
I am thrilled that you are going to get to fish Toledo Bend!!
I am even more thrilled that you are going to be staying at my resort. Your stay will cost you a grand total of nothing. It's all on me buddy.
Look me up when you get here and I should be able to give you a decent current fishing report. Like others have said, you are coming at a great time of year and you should be able to get on em pretty good.
Let me know if I can help with anything on this end.
See you soon!!
Tom

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:59 AM

OMG!!! Come on, is this for real???? What the heck of a DEAL!!! Man, if this is for real, I will surely look you up! You literally have me speechless!!!
The most premier lake for BB in America at the very finest resort on the lake!!! (I was told this is THE place to stay by many....you have many loyal customers!!)
Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This truly will be the fishing trip of a lifetime!!
God Bless you Tom!!!
God Bless us All !!
banana cheers banana flehan

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 02:01 AM

Oh it's real Lee. You just get here and I'll take it from there.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 02:05 AM

Man, Tom, thank you very much!!! thumb
It's gonna take me a while to get over this one!! You really took me aback.
I so look forward to this, so does my fishing partner ( a TFF fisherman to ).
He does his best, God love him, to teach this old dummy to fish.
Bless your heart, thank you!!!!
God Bless

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 02:38 AM

bannana2 bannana2 breakdance bannana2
Well, I am at such a loss for words. I am so excited to go fishing at TB, I didn't think it would be made any better, but it has.
woot I'm literally bouncing off the walls...
Good night all
God Bless....
Kudos : Tom & everyone at Fin & Feather Toledo Bend Resort !!!!!!!
Posted By: ripnlips71

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 02:51 AM

I will be there April 28th thru May 3rd. We will be down for the ALBC Best 6. You have picked a great time to go. As many have mentioned you won't have to go far to catch some good fish.
Posted By: CDubSmith2

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 03:22 AM

This is good bull right here! Congrats on your fishing trip Lee. Great folks obviously at Fin & Feather. I've never been but they've got my recommendation from here out!
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 03:35 AM

Gotta love people like Mr. Tom.....obviously a class act as are all the others that offered tips for Lee....great stuff.....I'm taking my dad April 18-19....I guess I know where to stay.... Proud for you Lee, you're always kind and upbeat on TFF....you deserve it!
MJ
Posted By: brandon f.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Trunk

I am even more thrilled that you are going to be staying at my resort. Your stay will cost you a grand total of nothing. It's all on me buddy. Let me know if I can help with anything on this end.
See you soon!!
Tom

That's an awesome thing of you to do Tom! Simply awesome! Kudos to you for making this mans dream trip all the more enjoyable!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 05:13 AM

Years ago things at Fin and Feather had really declined to the extent that NOBODY would ever go there. BUT that was BEFORE TOM bought the place and fixed it all up like it used to be back "In The Day". We went there for a small tournament right after he bought it and we ate at the Restaurant. WOW were we really impressed. The Food was exceptional and the prices were just as good. Fast Forward to October 2014. We took Kick'n Bass there as a Sponsor for a SETX High School Tournament and were treated like KINGS! Not because we were there as a "Company" or for the tournament, but because all the people cared about the quality of our stay. We met Tom for the 2nd time and he was really a special person. It would be easy as the Owner to let the other people run the place but he took the time to insure that our stay and meals were all exceptional. It is about time that Toledo has a GOOD place to stay and take your family also. The Resort has a very relaxing atmosphere. Quiet and easy to get spoiled at! I used to see the OLD Pictures and Advertisements from the Old Bassmasters Magazine and felt a great loss when I saw it up for sale continuously and watched it fall into disarray. I assumed it would only be a short time before it was completely boarded up. But we have all been lucky to have it back to it's old glory. I have nothing BUT good things to say and will definitely be going back. Especially since Toledo "IS BACK"!!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 10:49 AM

Thank you. I think I'm still in a state of shock. flehan This man really took me back with this most generous offer. When finally determining to go to TB, I listened to the members here on the TFF. Seems almost everyone agreed, Fin&Feather Resort is 'THE' place to go, so I made a reservation and then the owner Tom, does this! BAM...what a great and generous offer!!!
He proves to me, the TFF and the other members here almost without doubt always go out of their way to help another fisherman, roflmao even the 'want to be fishermen like myself' really get the most enjoyment out of this sport!!!

Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
Gotta love people like Mr. Tom.....obviously a class act as are all the others that offered tips for Lee....great stuff.....I'm taking my dad April 18-19....I guess I know where to stay.... Proud for you Lee, you're always kind and upbeat on TFF....you deserve it!
MJ

You and MANY others are and have always been so generous in advice and tips and almost any assistance, joining the TFF was the best advice and choice I have ever made.

Ya'll remind me of the 'brotherhood' of my time in/with the service. I thought I would never meet/work with such fine men and women as I had the pleasure of for over 30 years as the Navy, Marines, USAF and Army.....and I was so lucky to meet a civilian bunch such as ya'll....MUCH to my good fortune to find!
The Texas Fishing Forum has been very kind to me and I recommend it highly to any angler, old or new!!

Yes, I would by this mans generosity proves he is a good man, a fisherman and will go out of his way to make a guest fisherman and their experience, the very best.

I will take pictures and let ya'll know but right now.... banana He is 'Top Shelf'. Take your Dad there....
Not to mention the lake. TB is 'the' one lake since the 70's I have always wanted to fish but, raising children, marriage, job, life just get's in the way and takes priority.

God bless.... thanks Pardner. You have offered me help and advice as I remember on many occasions!!
One day, whenever EM opens again roflmao I will get to meet you there on my/our home lake!!!
Posted By: RBO

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 11:29 AM

Good on you,Tom. That's the reason I refer everyone I talk to about The Bend to Fin n Feather.

Things are about to explode on Toledo. Lightning in a Bottle. Big O, Guntersville, and Toledo are probably the best 3 lakes in the country. Falcon and Amistad had their time in the sun. Now it's Toledo's turn.

Have fun, Lee. I live about 30 miles from FnF. Feel free to pm me before your trip. I'll give you any help I can.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 11:31 AM

Thank you Roger. Man, I just can't believe my good luck, having this gentleman offer an old timer the fishing trip of a lifetime! I was planning on going, but now, I have to meet this man and see this fabulous place!
Thanks for your kind offer, as bad a fisherman as I am, roflmao I may just take you up on that!
God Bless
Originally Posted By: RBO
Good on you,Tom. That's the reason I refer everyone I talk to about The Bend to Fin n Feather.

Things are about to explode on Toledo. Lightning in a Bottle. Big O, Guntersville, and Toledo are probably the best 3 lakes in the country. Falcon and Amistad had their time in the sun. Now it's Toledo's turn.

Have fun, Lee. I live about 30 miles from FnF. Feel free to pm me before your trip. I'll give you any help I can.
Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:04 PM

Mr Lee,

If you would have me I would love to take you and your partner out the first day you guys are here. I already owed a day to Tom@ Fin N Feather and we agreed that we would like to let you guys have that day. Tom backlashes too much anyways. I can show you around some and teach you a few tricks to fishing Toledo Bend. Email me at gleasonfishing@gmail.com and we will get something set up. You guys are going to have a great time on the water and at Fin N Feather. Ol' Tom is a great guy with a big heart. We are all happy with the great things he is doing at Fin N Feather. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:05 PM

Tom you my friend are a class act. Good man
Originally Posted By: Trunk
Hello Lee,
I am thrilled that you are going to get to fish Toledo Bend!!
I am even more thrilled that you are going to be staying at my resort. Your stay will cost you a grand total of nothing. It's all on me buddy.
Look me up when you get here and I should be able to give you a decent current fishing report. Like others have said, you are coming at a great time of year and you should be able to get on em pretty good.
Let me know if I can help with anything on this end.
See you soon!!
Tom

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:07 PM

Good people you will be very blessed for your efforts .My hat is off to you Mr Gleason
Originally Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide
Mr Lee,

If you would have me I would love to take you and your partner out the first day you guys are here. I already owed a day to Tom@ Fin N Feather and we agreed that we would like to let you guys have that day. Tom backlashes too much anyways. I can show you around some and teach you a few tricks to fishing Toledo Bend. Email me at gleasonfishing@gmail.com and we will get something set up. You guys are going to have a great time on the water and at Fin N Feather. Ol' Tom is a great guy with a big heart. We are all happy with the great things he is doing at Fin N Feather. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:13 PM

YES!! Oh my gosh yes. That is so very generous, and is deeply appreciated. I have heard really great things about you Darold and have to agree. Tom, even though I have not yet met him, is a very generous and warm man. I can see now why so many recommended Fin & Feather Resort to me and very happy I made a reservation.
His kind gestures to go wayyyyyyyyyy out of his and others way to make my 'bucket list lake', Toledo Bend, the fishing trip of a life time.
I can only say thank you, again....that is so very nice of you!!!
God Bless (will email you)

Originally Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide
Mr Lee,

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:36 PM

Man, that place sounds like a 'dream home' on a GREAT LAKE!!!
But, roflmao being a DOD/Government retiree, well let's just say, I don't have that kind of money.
Boy would love it...but, places such as this would take too much away from my family in a case of any emergency. I might be able to afford something like that but, I just can't risk it being a husband/father and now grandfather. Fishing is great fun but, it's a hobby as I will never be really good at it.
But thank you for telling me.....
God Bless
Originally Posted By: CDubSmith2
I know where a lovely house on TB is and just happens to be for sale... private boat ramp in the back yard, 2 slip boat house, perfect little quiet neighborhood. Just wake up grab coffee, enjoy the sunrise on the back deck and then walk down to get into your boat. If I had the money I'd buy the house, grew up there weekends and summers and holidays. Been our family fish camp since the house was built... Sad to see it go frown Love that place
Posted By: Troy250

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:53 PM

That is awesome of both Tom and Darold. Looks like your bucket list is coming true. As someone that fishes TB almost anytime I want, I hope your trip is a great one Lee!!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 01:57 PM

Thank you Troy!! Yes sir, more so than I had ever envisioned!! The helpfulness and generosity of these good folks would make anyone's fishing trip OUTSTANDING!
Maybe will see you on the lake, if so, wave,stop and say hello.
It's always great to meet and talk with fellow Texas Fishing Forum members!!!
God Bless

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 03:13 PM

Well Lee, I'd say that your odds of catching some good ole bigguns or big ole gooduns just went way up!! Darold is a helluva stick and a fine young man.
Just bring some ear plugs cuz if you get him talking about fishing or football you can't shut him up!! I swear I think that boy has gills sometimes. Never takes a breath.
And whatever you do, don't ask him about that Cabela's commercial he is going to be in. He thinks he's a movie star. smile

See you in April.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 04:03 PM

roflmao roflmao Am looking forward to meeting and seeing both of you. Cabela's commercial huh? Man he must be doing something right! Sounds a fine young man...has to be a good fisherman, he got's yours and Cabela's attention!!!
Big one....ah, well I wouldn't bet even a Coke on that one. I have to be one of the worst fishermen in the lower 48 states BUT, I can tell you that no one on the water has a better time or enjoys themself any better than I do!!!!
Sounds like this will be one heck of a great time!!!
I sooooooooooooooo look foward to this........One great 'bucket list' item that may actually come true
God Bless.....
texas
Posted By: 374 Trigger

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 05:12 PM

Lee we will be holding the 60th Texas State Bass Tournry out of FIN&FEATHER on April 25&26 and invite you to come celebrate and fish it with us. Good fellowship, food and fishing. If your fishing the following week you can pick up on great info after Weighin. Even if you don't fish TSBT come by and visit with us. Fin& Feather is a great place with great people. TSBT committee. Charlie McFarland

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 05:40 PM

Thank you Charlie for your more than gracious invitation. Should things work out or change for us, we might just take you up on that. The TSBT event sounds like a really good time.
I would love to me you and the others.....as I know WC would as well ( my fishing mentor ) and co-angler on my bucket list trip!!
Agreed on Fin & Feather Resort. I had heard nothing but great things about it and recommended many times to stay and fish out of there. I was totally taken aback by Tom's most generous offer as the owner, noticing my desire to fish TB and then making it much more than possible!!
I would love to me you and the others of TSBT ....TB (just my opinion) is the longest producing bucket mouth black bass in the southern US. I remember watching the Pro's of old filming fishing shows there and constantly pulling in really nice keepers. (Jimmy Houston/Bill Dance/and a host of others including Forrest Wood!!!)
God Bless....

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 10:18 PM

Lee, I think you are going to get "Spoiled"! roflmao We might have to try and find a RED CARPET and sneak it in before you get there!
You surely will want to move down here after your trip. It's a beautiful place to live and fish. AND it is not as fast paced as the Metroplex. When you get here relax and enjoy and don't try and rush. Us old Military Folks sometimes have to "kick it back a notch" and just enjoy the moment. thumb

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 10:24 PM

That's GREAT !! I could do that. Think I have received the 'red carpet' treatment only one other time in my life, roflmao and that didn't turn out well. Turns out my boss, then the General Sales Manager, wanted to shift a bunch of almost ZERO accounts over to me and take the ones I had developed away!
Like a dummy, he made all kinds of pie in the sky promises....bottom line, I got the 'red carpet' and then the 'shaft'.... roflmao True story....
Your right. If everything I hear and from what has been told to me, man I'm REALLY looking forward to this. It sounds like heaven on earth!!
frkazoid Sure try not to let it get to this old fart if this all happens!
Hey, at this point, just boating a nice 5lb fish would be GREAT!!
I have to be one of the worst fishermen in the lower 48 states!
God Bless and thanks Shipmate!!!

Lee, I think you are going to get "Spoiled"! roflmao We might have to try and find a RED CARPET and sneak it in before you get there!
You surely will want to move down here after your trip. It's a beautiful place to live and fish. AND it is not as fast paced as the Metroplex. When you get here relax and enjoy and don't try and rush. Us old Military Folks sometimes have to "kick it back a notch" and just enjoy the moment. thumb

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/24/15 11:47 PM

Thanks 'BigIron'!....
God Bless

Posted By: CTA

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/25/15 02:14 AM

You're going to fall in love with TB.

Here's a video to get you pumped up even more. Grant it, the video is summer time fishing and not spring time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQd4PRliE3w

Enjoy your trip and I'm looking forward to your follow up story when you return.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 02/25/15 05:01 AM

Man, that is a great video. banana Your right, that will surely 'stoke' a fisherman into getting there!
Thanks...I will surely take the camera....but, honestly roflmao I sure hope the pictures are 'after'....because we were soooooo busy pulling them in!!
God Bless

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/27/15 03:01 AM

Soooooo Lee, have you been on the trip yet?
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/27/15 05:13 PM

I hope he wasn't there fishing on the pier when the storm hit earlier this morning!

Posted By: jseago

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/27/15 05:42 PM

Wow! Glad the texas state bass tournament was yesterday!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/27/15 05:56 PM

I can only imagine how big the waves were when that 60-80 mph wind came thru

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 12:08 AM

No, thank goodness, haven't left yet. My original invited partner, WCLBASS, not go so invited my neighbor, another retiree. We are not leaving until tomorrow early AM.
PLEASE, pray for and keep WC in your thoughts and prayers. He is supposed to be undergoing 'intensive therapy' this week to make him a candidate for heart surgery.
Hope all is well there at Fin n' Feather.....
This entire trip turned out to be a 'really big deal' for me at least. Lake I have always wanted to fish, now, thanks to the owner Mr. Tom Sistrunk / aka Trunk on the TFF here, bed/board/and slip all paid for!!
I can't wait to shake this mans hand and meet all the good folks up there.
Hopefully will have caught a fish or so and took a few pictures.
God Bless
Posted By: Reel-Deel

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 12:33 AM

Tom is a helluva guy! Spent some good time bsing with him a few months ago over a beer there at FnF! I'll be there fri and sat
Posted By: Black Dallas

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 01:35 AM

give em hell Lee! good luck

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: black dallas
give em hell Lee! good luck

Love the way you think, roflmao , for now, I'll settle for a bunch of 'tugs on the line'!
But, there is always a possibility of catching a really nice one, especially at TB
Thanks all,
God Bless (and if you would, cross your fingers!)
Posted By: roblo101

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 02:24 AM

Lee
I just read all 5 pages of this topic.
And Wow, it just kept getting better an better!
Outstanding offers and people all around. My hats off to all you good hearted
people, you just don't hear of this very often.
Lee, I hope you have a great time an a safe trip. You was excited when you first planned
this trip, bet you was bouncing off the walls, lol
The more I read thru, the more I got excited for you!
Let us know everything, and the best of luck!

Hoping your buddy WC pulls thru with flying colors!

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: roblo101
Lee
I just read all 5 pages of this topic.
And Wow, it just kept getting better an better!
Outstanding offers and people all around. My hats off to all you good hearted
people, you just don't hear of this very often.
Lee, I hope you have a great time an a safe trip. You was excited when you first planned
this trip, bet you was bouncing off the walls, lol
The more I read thru, the more I got excited for you!
Let us know everything, and the best of luck!

** Hoping your buddy WC pulls thru with flying colors!
I pray for that more than my catching fish, thanks pardner.
He is a great fisherman and deserves MANY more days with us and on the water
God Bless

Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 03:13 AM

Crazy seeing the pictures of the crappie house and walk way gone. We were just there this last weeknd fishing the Texas State Tournament.
Fin & Feather is a great place to stay. Great rooms & cabins and the restaurant has great food. You will definitely enjoy your stay. Lee you should plan on making the trip next year to fish the State Tournament. You would really enjoy and appreciate all the history behind this tournament.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 03:43 AM

WOW!!!!
Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 05:19 AM

My parents live just down the road from FnF on the Six Mile side. I will be there the 14th - 17th fishing the Sealy Big Bass Classic and then I will be back for my company tourny May 30th.

Re: Need Ya'lls Opinion: Toledo Bend - Late April ?? - 04/28/15 12:17 PM

Ok..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum