Texas Fishing Forum

Bass champs

Posted By: RangerBass21

Bass champs - 01/23/15 07:53 AM

Anybody fishing bass champs this year? If so what region?
Posted By: txfsh

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 09:54 AM

never have fished it bedore but gonna try this year. Metro region

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 10:06 AM

The north region?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 12:45 PM

North
Posted By: Tim B

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 12:54 PM

North
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 01:09 PM

East, May jack pot a couple others. Best trail out there ! IMO
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 01:32 PM

Looking to fish at least a couple of the North. Gotta use my free entry's from buying Fords!
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 01:34 PM

Was looking forward to fishing the north division this year, but my partner had some family commitments come up. So I guess I'll be saving money and practicing for 2016.

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

May jack pot?

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
Was looking forward to fishing the north division this year, but my partner had some family commitments come up. So I guess I'll be saving money and practicing for 2016.

You can fish individual, i am. Be my first year with bass champs though.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

^^ this x2
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 04:36 PM

I read that and was thinking you meant 2015.....dangit! Its already 2015! I'm a lil behind so far this year I guess..

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 04:37 PM

North.

Fished the Sam Rayburn one though last week. Got smoked.

Plan on getting smoked in the North as well....

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 04:48 PM

Handd me your money now or later? roflmao
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 05:28 PM

I'll NEVER fish them.....I drove from East Tennessee to fish a tournament with my brother @ Lewisville......the director said I couldn't fish......no explanation......
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: redskeeter190
I'll NEVER fish them.....I drove from East Tennessee to fish a tournament with my brother @ Lewisville......the director said I couldn't fish......no explanation......

I find that hard to believe

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 05:47 PM

Well it says in the rules that they can deny entry to anyone without reason, but that's still kind wrong , they didn't say why? Are you on the do not let entry list? Been disqualified from a tournament before?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 06:04 PM

That makes zero sense. Did you prefish in off limits or not have your ducks in a row with a license? There are guys that fish them from out of state all the time. This is possibly the first negative I have ever read here in regards to Jeff and Chad and their TD abilities.

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21

You can fish individual, i am. Be my first year with bass champs though.

Your right, but I fish tournaments on.a private lake as well and there is a 15 quarantine in place to try and stop the zm from getting in the lake. The way the tournament schedules work out. I would miss 3 of the tournaments on my home lake, plus alot of time not fishing because the boat would be quarantined. I was going to fish champs out of my partners boat, so I could have fished both trails. No biggie though I'll just save 600 in entry fees smile

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 06:24 PM

20,000$ guaranteed cash for first place each event, looks soooo good. partyon

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 06:31 PM

All you have to do is get first it's that easy

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 06:32 PM

If it was that easy everyone would do it, a lot of good competition and good anglers
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Dubee

^^ Agreed those guys (Chad&Jeff) run a great show. More to this story maybe?
Posted By: lare2

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 08:48 PM

South Region and fishing both Falcon tournaments only....
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Bass champs - 01/23/15 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: airforcefishin
Originally Posted By: Dubee

^^ Agreed those guys (Chad&Jeff) run a great show. More to this story maybe?

Are you sure it was Bass Champs; Chad & Jeff are great guys and run a first class organization.
when did they hold a tournament on Lewisville,

I am fishing East, South & North,,,,,,,best lakes of each one.
Looking forward to Falcon next.
at least I do not have to pre-fish anymore........I spent way too much time on Sam Rayburn.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 01:01 AM

Fishing probabaly the May tournament on cedar creek
Posted By: jcombsiv

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 01:05 AM

Central to get whipped here
Posted By: skins84

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 01:28 AM

Professional? Or no valid license? About the only reasons I can see in the rules that would exempt you.
Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 02:23 AM

North
Posted By: XPrezident

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 03:03 AM

North. First year with BC..

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 01:26 PM

First year BC too, north, hope to see y'all out there, maybe meet as well.
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 05:08 PM

to answer your questions....NO...I've NEVER been disqualified from any tournament..NO, I didn't pre-fish...I drove 18 hours to get to Lewisville in time to pre-register....I haven't fished Lewisville in nearly 10 years....YES...I'm sure it was BassChamps..I don't remember who was running this particular event...it was about 8 years ago..my brother and his wife fished their tournaments for a number of years....I was given NO explanation, what-so-ever.....I don't know if they thought I was some kind of "ringer" from East Tennessee...that's a laugh....I was totally disappointed and offended by their decision....You can believe me or not.....that's up to you....I hold no grudges towards them....I watch their programs every week.....but, I'll never attempt to fish their tournaments....
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 05:18 PM

...makes me wonder if someone had a brother with a name that rhymed with Fobby Fose. If it was a Champs tourney, then Champs would have been running it.

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 05:24 PM

Was you and his wife and your brother gonna fish together? ....wasn't there a guy while back that was cheating, sticking weights down the bass's throats and stringing bass to a tree and he got caught?
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 06:00 PM

Yes, Robbie Rose cheated in Bass Champs tournaments but they could not catch him in action. He was finally caught at a Ray Hubbard tournament BLT and punished.

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: KB1953
Yes, Robbie Rose cheated in Bass Champs tournaments but they could not catch him in action. He was finally caught at a Ray Hubbard tournament BLT and punished.

What a piece of [censored]

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21
Originally Posted By: KB1953

What a piece of [censored]

But he was a good Christian God fearing angler.... roflmao

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 11:00 PM

Also owned a foundation company; what does that tell you!

Re: Bass champs - 01/24/15 11:01 PM

I hope someone ran into him alone in a parking lot after that roflmao

Re: Bass champs - 01/25/15 04:39 PM

Someone did. A game warden. He got to wear some pretty shiny bracelets. Amen?
Posted By: Triton-x

Re: Bass champs - 01/25/15 05:29 PM

Even God fearing Christians get tempted by the Devil - and fail. It is the Christians who should give grace show grace - they understand what it is all about. We had a cheater in our club in the early 90s - he cost me some money - some better finishes also. He failed 3 polygraph tests - after a over 6 fish would have gave him the big bass pot. Made many of us sick - he just left never to be seen again !!! Remember God gives us all our own life - to do as we want. It is up to us to read his word and do the best we can to immolate Jesus. Jesus forgave us - he hung on a cross and bled out for us. I forgive these guys for cheaten - just won't ever fish with them again.

Re: Bass champs - 01/25/15 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Lil' Louie
Someone did. A game warden. He got to wear some pretty shiny bracelets. Amen?

Whatever happened to him? I hope someone on jail ran into him alone in a jail cell roflmao
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Bass champs - 01/25/15 08:59 PM

He still owns the foundation repair company. Prob cheating little old ladies out of thousands by chunking some concrete blocks under the houses

Re: Bass champs - 01/25/15 09:42 PM

He probably has his fishing license back by now.

Re: Bass champs - 01/25/15 09:45 PM

Didn't he win a [censored] load of money? And few boats? I wonder if they made him pay it back

Re: Bass champs - 01/25/15 10:49 PM

Yes and no!

Re: Bass champs - 01/25/15 10:56 PM

I would of sued him for every dime he had.

Re: Bass champs - 01/25/15 11:45 PM

He won alot.... Dunno how much. Tens of thousands.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bass champs - 01/26/15 12:05 AM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum