Texas Fishing Forum

Academy...

Posted By: Bas-ii-tis

Academy... - 11/20/14 06:17 PM

They have rod sleeves for a Buck .99.....GO GET EM!!

P.S.

Your Welcome
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 06:18 PM

thumb thanks
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 06:19 PM

I'll be on my way also.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 07:58 PM

Just ordered em online for the same price. Worth it to pay shipping and tax at that price and not have to deal with traffic.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 09:04 PM

Wow. And just bought two this morning for $5 each. Lol.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Wow. And just bought two this morning for $5 each. Lol.
Story of my life!:-)

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 09:12 PM

Take em back....Academy is awesome on returning things w/o reciepts... Even Better than wally world...

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 09:17 PM

I didn't buy them at academy. Lol. Went to southwest parts and service. Great guys there. And it was on my way on a "job related" thing. Lol.

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 09:55 PM

oh ok gotcha....wel buy them for extras lol...wont hurt
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 10:16 PM

Online says 1.99?
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 10:29 PM

Not a fan of theirs. Weave is loose and they eyes poke through.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 10:34 PM

Which one? The standard or micro guide sleeve?
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 10:39 PM

I only tried their standard ones
Ended up passing them along to my dad to use
Posted By: bighead

Re: Academy... - 11/20/14 11:55 PM

Free shipping if $39 spent. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: jaybird1976

Re: Academy... - 11/21/14 12:35 AM

Dang thats an awesome deal

Re: Academy... - 11/21/14 04:11 AM

Well. I bought these rod sleeves because I thought I looked more convenient than my Falcon rod socks. Well. I hate em. I picked up my new Steez rod and my Falcon Micro Cara and almost dropped em in the lake! Hah. Grabbed them by the sleeve and they started sliding right out. Lol.

But, they are convenient.

Re: Academy... - 11/21/14 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Well. I bought these rod sleeves because I thought I looked more convenient than my Falcon rod socks. Well. I hate em. I picked up my new Steez rod and my Falcon Micro Cara and almost dropped em in the lake! Hah. Grabbed them by the sleeve and they started sliding right out. Lol.

But, they are convenient.

Ahhhh Man sounds like a bad day....Convenient might just still be the 'key'
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Academy... - 11/22/14 03:19 PM

Grabbed 3 thanks
Posted By: june-bug

Re: Academy... - 11/22/14 06:00 PM

Why use rod sleeves ? I see people using them and just never really figured out the point . Guess I'm old fashioned . Is it supposed to protect them better or something ? Is it a fashion trend ?
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Academy... - 11/22/14 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: june-bug
Why use rod sleeves ? I see people using them and just never really figured out the point . Guess I'm old fashioned . Is it supposed to protect them better or something ? Is it a fashion trend ?
When you put half a dozen rods in a rod box, it keeps the line and hooks from getting tangled up.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Academy... - 11/22/14 06:51 PM

Got me 4 today at the denton store took a while to find them and they didn't have a price on them, but did ring up for 1.99. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Roadrunner-3

Re: Academy... - 11/22/14 07:03 PM

Steez they are slick but that can be a benefit. Not only do they go back on easily but with the right motion you can grab the reel and slide the rod out of the locker in one motion leaving the cover in the locker.
Posted By: june-bug

Re: Academy... - 11/22/14 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
When you put half a dozen rods in a rod box, it keeps the line and hooks from getting tangled up.

That makes sense . Never really thought about that .
Posted By: Samuel Ragle

Re: Academy... - 11/23/14 04:42 AM

I've had more hooks tangled in those rod sleeves then had tangled on my rods. But I bring my lure down to the reel then twist the line around the pole 3-4 times. Its real easy and keeps from getting tangled with other rods as well. I've ruined rod sleeves (rod sox, or which ever) because a treble hook from a crank got stuck in it.
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Academy... - 11/23/14 01:30 PM

I've got more rods/reels than I have holes in the end of the rod rack in the compartment. So I have to stick more than one rod per hole. Do that a couple times without rod socks and you'll be heading to Academy. Lol
Posted By: propman

Re: Academy... - 11/23/14 02:47 PM

After tearing a rod's eye off pulling a rod out and bending a few others I now use rod sleeves. Rod sleeves have saved my rod's eyes when pulling one or two rods, out of ten or twelve, from a single rod locker on a boat without all the little slots for rods. The eyes don't get hooked on each other, bent out of shape, and eventually broken off. I put those fabric protectors over the hooks to save trebles getting hooked in the sleeves, hooks in line from other rods and reels, and those little things also keep hooks from my fingers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum