Texas Fishing Forum

Lake texoma bass

Posted By: Stewart's on bass

Lake texoma bass - 10/01/14 05:16 PM

I have a tournament on lake texoma on October 25th. What should I use and where? Any particular colors? Will the fall bite be in full swing? What should I use if it is? And what should I use if it's not? Where are good places to go? I am thinking about going around marinas or docks and fishing crankbaits, senkos and texas rigged brush hogs. What colors of those work best on texoma? Thanks please comment

Ps. Ugh tournament life is frustrating!!! But that's why I love it!
Posted By: BackSeatBuddy

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 05:32 PM

Pre fishing holds the key to the answers u seek.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 05:42 PM

Urgent? You really had me worried there...
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 05:47 PM

Why prefish when you have the forum...

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 05:58 PM

Well I want to know what to use when I pre fish. If I go up to texoma and I prefish but I don't have the right lure colors It will be a waste of time
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: whitebass n' trout
Well I want to know what to use when I pre fish. If I go up to texoma and I prefish but I don't have the right lure colors It will be a waste of time
that's why you prefish to see what they want.
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: whitebass n' trout

you could go there with the right lures and still waste your time...LOL
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 06:03 PM

i normally stick with natural colors when i prefish, try your green pumkin, watermelon combination colors for plastic. And shad colors for moving baits
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 06:03 PM

Yes to all of the questions.........

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 06:10 PM

What will the water clarity be like? Will it be clear or dirty in late October
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 06:17 PM

A lot can and probably will change in 3 weeks.
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 06:19 PM

Not making 3 different topics about the same thing would probably help. thumb
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 06:23 PM

man you haven't got much help from these replies lol. If I had any knowledge I would be glad to help out other than just tell you to prefish. Good luck!
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 06:54 PM

Fish the points on the south side of the lake down by the damn. 6lb test, flouro-carbon, 1/8 ounce green spot on jig head, with green pumpkin Berkley chigger craw in 3". Or drop shot with a Berkley gulp watermelon pearl minnow.
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 07:35 PM

watermelon red dynamite usually gets them for me.
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 07:40 PM

I'd just throw an a-rig with Keitechs
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 08:25 PM

gonna depend on the water temp, the fish are moving a lot right now, you cant keep up with them from one day to the next
Posted By: Tex20

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 08:27 PM

Good grief people.....have a little pride and practice to figure these things out on your own. If you can't find fish or a pattern on your own, then maybe you should just go fun fish.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 08:31 PM

Huh? Most tourneys are won from right here on the. TFF. Browse a page, catch a 5. Browse another page, catch a 6. Before you know it you have 30 lbs and all the per staffers are trying to take the credit for the win. Keep up with the info but send more waypoints.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 08:34 PM

Just remember it is a fishing forum not a fish finding forum.

Only time on the water will tell you what the fish are doing.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/01/14 08:42 PM

Texoma was stingy last weekend. May have been in turnover in a few of the spots I ran. Mostly did SI recordings for a future tournament.

Fish your go-to baits. If you're around active fish they'll take anything...including business cards.

Re: Lake texoma bass!! - 10/01/14 09:16 PM

Good point, but I'm only gonna get to pre fish once and the lake is 2 hours away so I want to have the colors everyone is recomending to see if they will work for me
Posted By: 9094

Re: Lake texoma bass!! - 10/01/14 09:59 PM

It not any different than anywhere else. Use the baits and colors you catch fish on everywhere. The shad,bream and crawfish are the same color there as any other lake.

Re: Lake texoma bass!! - 10/01/14 10:58 PM

Not necessrly. In dirty lakes u use black and blue plastics and chartreuse cranks. But in clear lakes u use natural
Posted By: 9094

Re: Lake texoma bass!! - 10/01/14 11:28 PM

That's probably why we caught most of our fish this past weekend on black blue craws and chartreuse crank baits in clear water on Lake Texoma. We were one of only three teams that weighed a limit Saturday.
I didn't make what up what I said. Plus I'm not the one fishing for info here and don't need any fishing lessons.
Posted By: JlbZ9

Re: Lake texoma bass!! - 10/01/14 11:43 PM

Best advice is go pre fish it will only help you instead of asking for help. The guys here have given good advice. Take them basics and tweak from there.
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Lake texoma bass!! - 10/02/14 01:15 AM

The fact that you've made a total of 11 posts and are asking for the keys to the crapper probably
doesn't help.

I fish Texoma and if I've learned anything it changes all the time. Hard to say what will work and where it will work three weeks from now. The points south of the dam is a good place for smallies and some spots.

Posted By: jetrink52

Re: Lake texoma bass!! - 10/02/14 01:24 AM

A-Rig
Posted By: jacksonmj

Re: Lake texoma bass!! - 10/03/14 01:11 AM

I have only been there once before but did alright fishing rocky points with red crank baits. We caught all smallmouth with the biggest going about 4lbs. Good luck and get out there and fish.

Re: Lake texoma bass!! - 10/03/14 02:29 AM

When did u go?
Posted By: Champion 2005

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/03/14 03:00 AM

Man some of you guys need to relax you could tell anybody the bait color and location and if the presentation is wrong they won't have much luck. And think twice before you ask for advice in the future
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/03/14 04:31 AM

Start you morning out fishing the pillars on the Willis bridge with a buzzbait....use chart as the water is a bit dirty. After fishing all pillars, make a run to the Roosevelt bridge and do the same. Change the color of the buzzbait, as the water is a little clearer. By now, the sun should be beating down on the water, so make a short run to highport and fish the boat docks with a black and blue fluke. After flipping all the boat stalls, run to the dam and throw a trap.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/03/14 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeSouza
Start you morning out fishing the pillars on the Willis bridge with a buzzbait....use chart as the water is a bit dirty. After fishing all pillars, make a run to the Roosevelt bridge and do the same. Change the color of the buzzbait, as the water is a little clearer. By now, the sun should be beating down on the water, so make a short run to highport and fish the boat docks with a black and blue fluke. After flipping all the boat stalls, run to the dam and throw a trap.

Make sure your tanks are full of gas. If I were you and have not been on the lake I would put in at Loe's Highport and fish the entire marina, then I would leave there and go left to the first big cove, we call it Ma Tuckers, try it, leave there and go left to the next big cove, Mill Creek Marina, it has a lot of good fishing in it, this should keep you busy for awhile, just fish the lures that you have confidence in, good luck.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/03/14 01:13 PM

Marinas are good choices year around jigs, baby brushogs, shaky heads. Rocky main lake points can be good at the right time of day, shaky head, jig with matching craw trailer, shad colored cranks. Plastic I like on texoma are green pumpkins and watermelons same for jigs and don't be scarred to throw a blue fleck worm.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/03/14 01:42 PM

All the fish go to Alberta Creek in October grin not really, but that's where I catch them.

Re: Lake texoma bass!! Urgent!! - 10/05/14 04:10 AM

Yea we have an assigned dock where we put in, thanks for the tips
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum