Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Champs Red River Championship

Posted By: Tr24512

Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/15/14 02:05 AM

Red River? Really? It should have been Toledo Bend. Never been to either place, just South and Central. I never hear anything good about the Red River!

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/15/14 02:07 AM

We're still gonna kick some butt! cheers
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/15/14 02:07 AM

Are you crazy the river is awesome! I was waiting for someone to complaine!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/15/14 02:23 AM

Could have been the Trinity River...... be thankful
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/15/14 02:51 AM

I am looking forward to it. would have like TB fine but from what they said they had such great feedback from last year there they went again this year.
Posted By: DFD298

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/16/14 04:48 PM

It was a good call. It takes all of us off our home waters and makes us go find fish instead of fishing that "secret" brush pile we fish every time we fish at home.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/16/14 05:45 PM

Red river is pretty awesome fish. You guys r in for fun. Should set up right for the tournament

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/16/14 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: mudd
Red river is pretty awesome fish. You guys r in for fun. Should set up right for the tournament

Biggest concern I have is if we truly get the big late summer and fall rains as predicted. Could make the river high and fast.

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/16/14 05:59 PM

Won't hurt them near bad u would think. Unless it's a major cold snap. Then maybe issue but I c none really

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/16/14 06:02 PM

Won't hurt them near bad u would think. Unless it's a major cold snap. Then maybe issue but I c none really

It was high last time I was there a few years ago in late September for Media Championship. Fish bit was water was fast
Posted By: Randy Hurt

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/17/14 10:00 PM

I am excited about fishing the RR again this year. We had never been on it before and managed to draw a good check. There is a good chance for anyone to win!
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/17/14 11:00 PM

We are excited just be there.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Silv
Red River? Really? It should have been Toledo Bend. Never been to either place, just South and Central. I never hear anything good about the Red River!

So registered for the site over 7 months ago and have made 3 posts all bashing Champs doing our Championship on the Red River. Sounds like a beef more than anything else. We had an absolute blast there last year and will again this year. You obviously must not have fished out there if you say there is nothing good about The Red River
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 12:45 AM

Only fished one tournament in the Red Rivers, neat place to fish and its got fish. I would rather fish it than a lot of Lakes I've been to. I've only fished pool 3 and 4. I'd go back and fish another tournament, especially if I don't have to use my boat.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 12:57 AM

Help with a qualification question. Fisherman A has fished all but one of the tournaments with Fisherman B, Fisherman A uses Fisherman C for that one missed tournament. The "Team" qualifies through Fisherman A.

Fisherman B doesn't qualify on his own.
Fisherman C doesn't qualify on his own.

Can Fisherman A choose to fish championship with B OR C? Or, must A fish Solo?

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
Only fished one tournament in the Red Rivers, neat place to fish and its got fish. I would rather fish it than a lot of Lakes I've been to. I've only fished pool 3 and 4. I'd go back and fish another tournament, especially if I don't have to use my boat.

ya that's one thing we are worried about....tearing up the boat.

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
Help with a qualification question. Fisherman A has fished all but one of the tournaments with Fisherman B, Fisherman A uses Fisherman C for that one missed tournament. The "Team" qualifies through Fisherman A.

Fisherman B doesn't qualify on his own.
Fisherman C doesn't qualify on his own.

Can Fisherman A choose to fish championship with B OR C? Or, must A fish Solo?

geees, my head hurts. smile Call or email Bass Champs directly.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 01:26 AM

This year Is totally different. No water released since last December.
Posted By: Cdleita5/0

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 01:52 AM

I believe if fisherman a would have fished solo not with fisherman c in the one tourney you would have qualified. But is a team tourney, can't qualify by yourself. Neither a, b, or c, qualified. Would still call champs to find out.

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 02:26 AM

If u tear ur boat up on river. U was doing something u shouldn't have been doing. All the jetties r clearly marked. I fish out there a lot and never have tore anything up. I tear more up on Caddo then anywhere.

Moonriver, What u talking bout? Cause the river has been up and down all year. Its not been too clear either. Just went back muddy early in week as where its been clean. That's biggest issue. All the rain up north is pushing down also.
Posted By: TexBbq

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 02:30 AM

Must fish solo or find someone who has qualified and fish with them at the championship.

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 10:56 PM

Not bashing Bass Champs, just have my preference, same as you.

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 10:58 PM

Not bashing Bass Champs, just have my preference, same as you.
Posted By: Tim B

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/18/14 11:41 PM

Red River was a blast last year. Going to be great again this year. Levels the field.
Posted By: kingfish_1970

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/20/14 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Biggest concern I have is if we truly get the big late summer and fall rains as predicted. Could make the river high and fast.

MP, if the current is really swift, just get off the main channel and fish any current breaks that you may find. If it's fast then that means the water is up quite a bit, and theres a lot of good stuff thats underwater that normally wouldn't be.
Posted By: Wishin I was catchin

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/23/14 10:58 PM

Anyone heard of the Schedule for East Texas division for next year yet. I heard a rumor they might hit Toledo Bend too instead of just Rayburn.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/23/14 11:47 PM

When are they having this tournament? Never fished it but river fishing is my strong suit..........Ok just went and looked its the Championship so if you've never river fished this could be tough. If there is current you have to learn to play that aspect to do well.....good luck guys!
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- Greg West

Re: Bass Champs Red River Championship - 07/24/14 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Tim B
Red River was a blast last year. Going to be great again this year. Levels the field.

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum