Texas Fishing Forum

Vine Water Levels

Posted By: bigbass1236

Vine Water Levels - 07/01/14 04:41 PM

Has the water come up any? Planning on doing some night fishing there on Saturday night. Usually I launch at Katy Woods. Is that ramp still usable?
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/01/14 05:20 PM

Pretty sure Dove Loop and Sandbass point are the only useable ramps. I havent launched at sandbass but dove is very flat and shallow.
Posted By: EarRings

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/01/14 06:15 PM

Dove loop is still accessible and the lake came up a tad but already dropping
Posted By: The finesse guru

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/01/14 06:17 PM

My hot tub is deeper then that place hung
Posted By: MikeW07

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/01/14 09:12 PM

Katie Woods is closed - locked gate across the ramp but assuming no one moved the stick in the water there looks like it may have come up maybe a foot. Except on Fridays when its closed I've been using sand bass point seems better than dove loop at least don't get my feet wet. Dove is usable but be prepared for the drop off at the end of the ramp.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/01/14 09:25 PM

Core site was showing 8 inches I think. I fished my favorite old holes and hooked a rabbit and squirell.
Posted By: bigbass1236

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/01/14 10:56 PM

Thats too bad. I really liked that lake. maybe I will just go to Fork or Athens instead.
Posted By: papamark

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/01/14 11:31 PM

Current Water Level for Grapevine Lake

http://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/grapevine
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/02/14 03:37 AM

It's really low, it sucks. There are beaches in two of my favorite fishing spots. . .

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/02/14 12:23 PM

I still run between the island, but I think there is only 3-4' in the middle of it left.
Posted By: EarRings

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/02/14 12:41 PM

I've seen people walk over to the island and some spots it never gets deeper than their waistline

Re: Vine Water Levels - 07/02/14 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: EarRings
I've seen people walk over to the island and some spots it never gets deeper than their waistline

sounds about right, I idled it when it was about a foot higher and it was about 4 feet in the deepest, so maybe about 3 feet now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum