Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp

Posted By: gonfshn

Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp - 03/29/14 02:18 PM

Although I fished the lake for about 15 years straight, I haven't been down to Ray Roberts since about 2009. I'm driving down from Kansas to fish Sunday afternoon through Wednesday and was wondering if there's enough water to run the "boat lane" and rail road tracks going out of buck creek. If I remember correctly, you have to shut it down before getting to Pearce when the lake is this low (on line shows 8 feet low). Is there still abundant vegetation in a lot of the cuts or do you have to search for it? Looking forward to getting out of the WINTER WONDERLAND and setting the hook for the first time this year. Appreciate any input.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp - 03/29/14 02:56 PM

Pm sent....
Posted By: redsoxnation

Re: Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp - 03/29/14 11:59 PM

Heading out there in the morning
Posted By: Chuck N. Wind

Re: Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp - 03/30/14 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: gonfshn
If I remember correctly, you have to shut it down before getting to Pearce when the lake is this low (on line shows 8 feet low).

Correct!
Posted By: gonfshn

Re: Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp - 03/30/14 02:48 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp - 03/30/14 02:59 AM

I haven't launched there in a couple months.... but I don't think the water level has changed much. There is big widow maker about 200 yards after you pass under the bridge on the right side of the boat lane just about the first little bend. It was out of the water and the prop marks are impressive. The RR tracks are a no go once you get out to the point at the end. I suggest you launch down south and work your way north and explore if you haven't been there in a while and don't know the channel boat lane out in deep water.
Posted By: J-BURN

Re: Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp - 03/30/14 04:05 AM

Tons of idle time on that lake right now.
Posted By: dragonsdaddy

Re: Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp - 03/30/14 02:45 PM

there are 3-4 said widow makers. i assume if the lake goes as predicted, there will be several more by late summer. be careful and good luck. tough fishing right now. water temp still extemely low for this time of year.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Ray Roberts Buck Creek Ramp - 03/30/14 03:33 PM

Clarks creek or Emberson, big lizards.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum