Texas Fishing Forum

Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer?

Posted By: Monte Coon

Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 04:03 PM

I'm considering having my boat trailer rhino lined has anybody had it done? What does it cost? Who would you recommend to do it? Is there any downside to it?

Yesterday I contacted the company that used to do our spray in bedliners for the dealership and they want $1,000.00 notice I said they used to do our bedliners!!!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 04:19 PM

no way. talk to Mark Perry. I bet he has someone that can do it. thats double what it should be
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
no way. talk to Mark Perry. I bet he has someone that can do it. thats double what it should be

That's what I thought I found a 2011 post about having a trailer sprayed and the cost was around $600.00 in Boerne Tx I'm hoping to get it done closer to home.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 04:44 PM

MK Customs over in North Richland Hills who use to advertise on Honey Hole does them, not sure how much. I been thinking about doing mine as well, let me know. I'm probably just gonna do mine myself.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 04:49 PM

I had Armourthane here in Abilene do a trailer for 500 two years ago.
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 05:05 PM

Depends on how its done. Was quoted 1400 i think last year, but that was removing the boat from the trailer, sand blasting it and having it sprayed.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 05:17 PM

The Raptor kit runs about $350 from English auto paint store. Comes with 4 cans and spray gun. Color can be added as well. Pretty simple application and holds up well. Just clean, scuff surface and shoot. Raptor isn't a shake and shoot can either, it's kinda highend. So don't pay an arm and a leg for something that takes a couple of hours to complete.
Posted By: Legend on Richland-Chambers

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 05:17 PM

I did mine with Raptor liner it has UV protection and is durable....they sell kits on ebay for around $120 with gun.....I used 1 1/2 kits on my trailer. Its ez to prep just remove all you can then 80 grit DA or you can use a 3" coarse roloc .Main thing is to ruff it up real good ,no shiny spots. then wipe down with a good cleaner. Tape up anything you dont want it on . Then spray with shultz gun. But if you dont have the tools to do it , around $600 would be a fair price....
Posted By: LarryK

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 05:21 PM

I had mine done in 2010 at Texas Truxx Outfitters in Lewisville. Charged me $600 then, but don't know about now. They did an excellent job. I took the boat off the trailer, and the bunks, winch and aluminum step plates. They removed and reinstalled the lights. If yours is a tube trailer, be sure and clean out the weep holes in the center of all the cross members after they get it done. I used aluminum pop rivets to put the plates back on.

Trailer Pictures
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 05:32 PM

Monte call Chris at classic fiberglass I think he did darrean's trailer for him!
Posted By: 5bigfish

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Dax Davis
Monte call Chris at classic fiberglass !

They had a boat of mine done a few years ago.. First class deal
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 05:38 PM

call spags and see if his place can do it.
Posted By: saskeeter

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 06:35 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/6291725/Re:_Boerne_Marine_-_Auto_Trim_#Post6291725
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 07:00 PM

Come on Monte! When the trailer needs redone its a sign. It's time for the "swap your rig" sales event at your local Skeeter dealer. I'm sure they'll take great care of you and upgrade you to a factory lined trailer.

laugh laugh
Posted By: Mike Zachary

Re: Rhino Lining Bass Boat Trailer? - 01/23/14 11:38 PM

I would remind them how many bedliners you have done there lol. That 1000 could cost them 10,000.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum