Texas Fishing Forum

Couples Tournaments!!

Posted By: CesarG

Couples Tournaments!! - 11/13/13 07:25 PM

Looking for local tournaments for couples my girlfriend has been wanting to join me on a tournament trip. anyone know any lakes that hold these events for couples..?

lakes like hubbard, eagle mountain, grapevine, lewisville, lavon, sam rayburn etc

thanks guys or gals smile
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/13/13 08:06 PM

C A S T has a couple of divisions that fish the lakes you mentioned, fishcast.com, check them out, good organization.
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/13/13 09:11 PM

Texas Bass Couples!!!!!!!!!! by far
Posted By: John Anderson

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/13/13 11:17 PM

CAST
Posted By: Delvec

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 12:59 AM

Sounds like a North Region schedule, without Rayburn that is.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 01:57 AM

I don't want to get into a pissing contest but how can you put another circuit above CAST by far ? How about just as good ?
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 02:54 AM

C.A.S.T.!!!!!! by far the best as I am concerned.
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 02:56 AM

1. CAST is more professionally run.
2. CAST has a more professionally designed website.
3. CAST gives away a boat at their championship.
4. CAST championship pays $5k to win.
5. CAST sends out timely tournament wrap up emails.
Posted By: Hawgchaser

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 03:00 AM

CAST is way more expensive.
Texas Bass Couples is a great trail with some great folks fishing it and running it.
If you and your girlfriend are just getting into fishing tournaments together this is a good place to start.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 03:05 AM

CAST

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Hawgchaser

How?
TBC membership is $35/yr. CAST is $50/yr.
TBC entry fees are $85. CAST is $100.

How is that "way more expensive"?
Posted By: fishinginthedark05

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 03:26 AM

Without a doubt CAST! They are way more professionally run than the other two couples trails. CAST Championship is without a doubt the best. Texas Bass Couples was excited about having 50ish teams in their championship. Year in and year out CAST gets 100+ teams in their championship. John & Grace Watts know how to run a trail!

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 03:34 AM

Texas Bass Couples membership 35.00 ,tournaments 85.00
C.A.S.T. membership 50.00 ,tournaments 100.00 and when you qualify for the championship you qualify for free boat to be given away to the lucky couple who's name is drawn from the hat.
So for 105.00 dollars more you have a chance a winning a 35,000.00 boat.
Posted By: cwright

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 03:42 AM

This is our schedule we would love to have you. Our group is about fishing with our loved ones not competing with the other couple tournaments.

2014 C.A.S.T. Metroplex

Mar.   1                    Squaw Creek
Mar. 22                    Amon Carter 
Apr. 12                    Bridgeport 
May. 3                     Benbrook
May 24                   Whitney
Jun. 28                    Eagle Mountain

Chris Wright Mertoplex director.
Posted By: CesarG

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 04:52 AM

thank you guys so much! were going to give cast a try. appreciate all the replies.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 04:54 AM

Good folks at both circuits. The circuit directors are what make a circuit work which is why I choose to fish the circuit I do.
Been there and done that with CAST and met some fine folks who fish both.
Posted By: jwatts77

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 05:09 AM

We want to thank everyone who support us in C.A.S.T.; at the same time we would like to say fishing with TBC or any other organization will be fun and fulfilling for the couples who fish together.

We will continue to do our best to provide fun, fellowship, and fishing in that order!

Again thanks for the kind words.

Until Later... God Bless and Good Fishin'!
John & Grace Watts
C.A.S.T.
Posted By: sight fisher

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 12:50 PM

Is it $100 per couple or each person with a $50 membership per couple or person? Also I didn't understand fully the late fee thing. Could some help with that?
Posted By: Slueth

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 12:59 PM

My wife and I have fished both. Each has there plus and minus. I decide which we fish dependent on on schedules and location of championship. I don't want to fish a circuit if I can't make the championships. I understand why they have championships in different parts of the state, no problem there. They both have great members a
lot of them fish both circuits.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: sight fisher
Is it $100 per couple or each person with a $50 membership per couple or person? Also I didn't understand fully the late fee thing. Could some help with that?

It's only $50/couple.

If you miss the first 2 tournaments and decide to join late, it's basically a $200 penalty (entry fee for first 2 tournaments). They have it set up like this to deter jack potters from just entering one tournament in their home lake late in the season.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 04:30 PM

The way the championships are set up on both mentioned you can't not qualify if you show up. Championships in almost all circuits are so diluted these days that they don't really mean anything. They are just another tourney with a sometimes larger prize.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
The way the championships are set up on both mentioned you can't not qualify if you show up. Championships in almost all circuits are so diluted these days that they don't really mean anything. They are just another tourney with a sometimes larger prize.

I agree that you can "buy" your way into the championship. Why is this bad? It probably gets a couple more entries at every tournament therefore making each tournament better for ME because it pays more. Also, if a team has to buy their way in the championship, I'm pretty sure I can out fish them. So I'm not worried about that part. In the end it does nothing but help the payout throughout the year and allows the tournament trail to make a few extra bucks in membership. What's wrong with that?

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 06:40 PM

Nothing wrong with it.

My own goals are different and if I can't finish in the upper 10% or better then I have let myself down and don't deserve to fish a ship.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 06:47 PM

Texas Bass Couples is a great trail with some great folks fishing it and running it.
If you and your girlfriend are just getting into fishing tournaments together this is a good place to start.

at the championship for tbc the banquet dinner was provided for free, over a 150, door prizes, rods , reels, etc, was donated, i think 1st place pd around 6500.00$$ , if u look at the payback per team tbc pays more!!!! just my opinion!!!, not gonna please everyone at all times, every circut have good and bad things about each one!!!

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
Nothing wrong with it.

My own goals are different and if I can't finish in the upper 10% or better then I have let myself down and don't deserve to fish a ship.

Understood.

There are two ends of the stick to look at here. If a trail had a championship where only 30 teams qualified, they lose out on a lot. The most obvious is entry fees. Secondly is the fact no chamber of commerce, Marina or other economic group is going to help the trail out with the expenses incurred of producing the event if only 30 teams are expected to show up. Third, the trail will miss out on their cut of the entry fees all year and the membership of the few teams that will enter just to buy their way to the championship. Finally, the championship is your Super Bowl. You want it big and exciting. Sponsors also want it big and exciting. Sponsors are about exposure and that's it. Less teams equals less exposure.

What it boils down to is it's all about the dollar, but that's the way it has to be for these trails to survive. Heck, that's the way it has to be for any business to survive. I think a lot of times we fishermen forget these trails are a business. Someone is taking a risk in hopes of a monetary gain. They must profit or we will be left holding our bobber and looking around for somewhere to fish.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: jimmye123

at the championship for tbc the banquet dinner was provided for free, over a 150, door prizes, rods , reels, etc, was donated, i think 1st place pd around 6500.00$$ , if u look at the payback per team tbc pays more!!!! just my opinion!!!, not gonna please everyone at all times, every circut have good and bad things about each one!!!

Nice try but you're sounding like a politician. The tournament did not pay $6500 to win first. It paid $2250 to win first.

The Calcutta paid $4400 to win first. So chances are the winning team did not win $6650.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast
Originally Posted By: jimmye123

Nice try but you're sounding like a politician. The tournament did not pay $6500 to win first. It paid $2250 to win first.

The Calcutta paid $4400 to win first. So chances are the winning team did not win $6650.

I will make u a deal,have u ever fished w the tbc???? if not, pay your membership, come fish my region on my dime, and if you are not satisfied, then u can talk down about the tbc!!!! we have a small division but put more into it than most!!!!

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 07:12 PM

I'm not at all talking down about the TBC. Am I talking up CAsT? Yes.

I simply clarified some foggy math you threw out there.

I appreciate your offer. I am glad to see someone as proud and passionate as you are. It sound alike you are a great region director that believes in what you're doing. I'm sure your region will grow because of you.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 08:19 PM

jimmy123 are you the son in law of the owners of TBC ?

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/14/13 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: slim 285
jimmy123 are you the son in law of the owners of TBC ?

nope not related!!!

I'm not at all talking down about the TBC. Am I talking up CAsT? Yes.

I simply clarified some foggy math you threw out there.

I appreciate your offer. I am glad to see someone as proud and passionate as you are. It sound alike you are a great region director that believes in what you're doing. I'm sure your region will grow because of you.

thank u not downing cast either!!!!
Posted By: Hawgchaser

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 01:47 AM

I would like to apologize for my earlier post about the CAST entries being much more expensive than the Bass Couples. I spoke out of turn without confirming; that was a mistake on my part.
Posted By: ReelGirl

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 02:49 AM

How about something like this as a reply to the original post-

There are 2 great options - CAST and TBC for couples. Check them both out and see which one is the best fit for you and your girlfriend. Good luck! I know with either you will have a whole lot of fun!

Cheers!

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: ReelGirl
How about something like this as a reply to the original post-

There are 2 great options - CAST and TBC for couples. Check them both out and see which one is the best fit for you and your girlfriend. Good luck! I know with either you will have a whole lot of fun!

Cheers!

VERY NICELY SAID!!!!!!! smile

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 12:17 PM

So do we have to fish all the tournaments in a division to make the championship? Also if we have a memebership can we fish some tournaments in both divisions without a penalty. I grew up near Lake Livingston, live near Sam Rayburn, and look to move to Tyler soon.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 12:43 PM

In CAST you do not have to fish them all to make the championship as long as you accumulate 250 points. You get 100 points for winning a tournament. 99 for second. Etc.

A CAST membership allows you to fish a tournament in any region.
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 12:45 PM

I just mailed our 2014 membership to fish some CAST events next year. Should be fun. It will be our first ever tournaments. Kinda nervous that my ignorance doesn't cause me to do something to piss you pros off.. like leaving my lights on at the ramp on accident!

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: B. Dill
I just mailed our 2014 membership to fish some CAST events next year. Should be fun. It will be our first ever tournaments. Kinda nervous that my ignorance doesn't cause me to do something to piss you pros off.. like leaving my lights on at the ramp on accident!

Good deal! You will enjoy the tournaments!Very laid back and fun.

Are you fishing the South Central region or the SE region?

Here is the link to the SE Region Facebook page. Be sure to like it so you can keep up with updates and info on it.

https://www.facebook.com/castsoutheastregion
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: B. Dill

Good deal! You will enjoy the tournaments!Very laid back and fun.

Are you fishing the South Central region or the SE region?

Here is the link to the SE Region Facebook page. Be sure to like it so you can keep up with updates and info on it.

https://www.facebook.com/castsoutheastregion

South Central makes more sense for us but we sure do like Rayburn. We'll go where ever our schedule permits. Thanks for the link. Liked.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 01:42 PM

Sorry one more question. The 250 points does that have to be from one division or can it come from a combination of divisions?

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 01:55 PM

You must designate a region that you call your "home region" (does not necessarily have to be where you live). You must accumulate 250 points in that region.

Also, be sure you understand this rule:
Participants may join CAST any time during the year. However, if joining after the conclusion of the first tournament in a region, payment will be membership dues ($50) plus the two next consecutive tournament entry fees (+$100 + $100) for a total of $250 is required.

This rule is there to simply deter a couple from jackpotting one tournament.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 04:11 PM

For the op, don't plan on making money from ANY couples circuit. Go fish with your wife or girlfriend and concentrate on having a good time, meet some new people (because there are some fine ones there) and if you make a check that will just be a bonus. There are some great sticks in the couples that can hold their own on any team circuit. Just have fun.

Don't worry about whose trail is best because everyone has a slant. I've fishedboth of them and am with TBC for my own reasons but I still think CAST has a lot to offer and is a solid circuit(s).
Posted By: r43

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 04:56 PM

Thanks for this info HappyKamper, after reading all of these post Cast will have another new team on the metroplex region. Can't wait to donate my money to a good cause.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/15/13 05:49 PM

You got it, glad your fishing the metro , we have enough sticks in the north, you will like Chris and his wife, they are good folks.
Originally Posted By: r43
Thanks for this info HappyKamper, after reading all of these post Cast will have another new team on the metroplex region. Can't wait to donate my money to a good cause.
Posted By: largemouthokie

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/16/13 03:30 PM

You will really like Chris and Rebecca. Now you can't follow them because they got rid of their yellow and red boat. Now they will blend in! Dang! Chris, try to keep your wife in the boat next year. Also, quit hooking her!
Posted By: Dude Lebowski

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/16/13 06:07 PM

I have fished with CAST for longer than I can remember. confused I have many friends in all of the divisions. I cannot remember ever having a bad experience at any tournament whether we caught them or not. I have fished with other "couples" circuits and they all have their own way of doing things. I have nothing bad to say about any of them. If you enjoy fishing with your significant other, I suggest joining a couples circuit and trying it out. You may be surprised at what you will learn about bass fishing from the other couples that you make friends with. If you like "blood and guts" this is not the circuit for you. We thoroughly enjoy and look forward to every tournament we fish. This is the time of year the we have "withdrawals" from not fishing with our friends. thumb
Posted By: John Anderson

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/16/13 07:26 PM

I miss you to Les
Posted By: Jim A.

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/16/13 08:40 PM

You can't go wrong with either one, My wife and I have fished both. You will have a good time with either.
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/17/13 02:56 AM

Guys... Its not about money or how much the entry fees or what the payout is! Its a chance to get your better half or daughter or whomever and have fun! My wife loves it more than I do and looks forward to couples tournaments! We have fished all 3 circuits and always enjoy the competition and meeting new people!!!!

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/17/13 01:54 PM

Just keep it fun for her . You will enjoy fishing with C.A.S.T. and the classic is close to your house next year.
Originally Posted By: CesarG
thank you guys so much! were going to give cast a try. appreciate all the replies.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/17/13 06:49 PM

My daughter and I started fishing CAST 15 years ago when she was 15 years old. You do the math. In all that time, we've won 2 tournaments and have had probably 10 top ten finishes, including two very nice top tens in the Classic.

Lot of great memories. Well run circuits. We fish the North division and have a superb Director team.

Hats off to CAST.
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/28/17 08:24 PM

do any fish sat ..
Posted By: Bassattak

Re: Couples Tournaments!! - 11/28/17 08:42 PM

Most of the C.A.S.T regions fish Saturdays.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum