Texas Fishing Forum

Tournaments what's happing?

Posted By: TeamHillbilly

Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 06:45 PM

to the fields? they seem to be getting smaller and smaller???
I for one think it's got to be the format, anglers are getting tried of the Pro/Am format?? Maybe we need to mix it up again, like the old Redman format so non-boaters don't have to find a boater to fish?? maybe level the field and stop trying to Have the non-boaters sale the event. If BFL would look back ten years ago they will see the Cowboy Div had a waiting list for most of the year and so did BASS INV. if you didn't pay upfront on sign-up day you didn't get into the event I'll be the first to say both trails had there problems with who's boat to use, and the anglers had to agree on how it was worked out, they weren't always happy but look at it from todays tournaments with there 1/2 full fields ????
Posted By: CrankBait1007

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 07:02 PM

i want to hear on this one popcorn2
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 07:04 PM

Ya think it might be the same number of fishermen as 20 yrs ago but 10 times the number of trails?

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast
Ya think it might be the same number of fishermen as 20 yrs ago but 10 times the number of trails?

Could be part of it I guess that could play a row.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 07:56 PM

Low water. economy sucks and that guy in the White House is making the working man's disposable income disappear with taking all of our money and giving it to those of you that do not care to work.

Maybe Obbie can give away bass boats and have tournies for all his freeloaders, I bet the participation would be good, it's FREE!!!
Posted By: JeffLStevens

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 08:01 PM

the bass boat tourney for the freeloaders wouldn't work. He would have to give a boat to ALL of the participants to make sure no one felt discriminated against......and then he would have to give a boat to everyone that didn't fish but wanted a boat but couldn't go fish because tournaments start to early and they were up to late doing drugs and stealing stuff....otherwise they will feel discriminated against as well.
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 08:07 PM

Its called to many trails!
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Maybe Obbie can give away bass boats and have tournies for all his freeloaders, I bet the participation would be good, it's FREE!!!

Then no boats would have electronics on them cuz they'd always get stolen!
Posted By: Lewis Ville

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 08:13 PM

I found it interesting that Platinum Team Trail filled a 100 boat field at $1500 team in less than week. They brought something new and people responded. You can't say the bad economy had anything to do with that.
Posted By: Slueth

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 08:19 PM

Good point lewisville, but how many of those are professional anglers not weekend warriors. My vote goes to many trails.
Posted By: skeet skeet7

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 08:32 PM

I'm sure there are some that are poorly run also, since seems like everyone want's to just put one together.Sometimes change is better!
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: skeet skeet7
I'm sure there are some that are poorly run also, since seems like everyone want's to just put one together.Sometimes change is better!

Then lets put one together

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 09:02 PM

Hummm I'm not sure we need another trail but we need to support the ones out there, Maybe they need to make some changes???
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 09:13 PM

I'm going to say to many trails but the major reason is the government takeover of our money. Seems when you start making enough to feel good about, they figure out a way to take a little more to give to the idiots that "deserve" it. Boy that burns my @$$ thinking about it. Most people take the equality thing the wrong way. Just because someone is rich or wealthy doesn't mean you have to be. Equality is equal rights, which has been around a while, not equal money. I could go on and on.

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 09:41 PM

Hummm guess being a old fart I'd like to see the old BASS Invitationals format come back, cost was a little high for there time period. but the learning curve sure was great, two pro's shared a boat each day of the three day event, you always learned something at a tournament,from at least one of the three pro's you fished with, even if you had a bad event you took knowledge home with you.
Posted By: Concept Guy

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 10:20 PM

Platinum Trail is $1000 team
And keep an eye out. Great things coming with USA Bass Trails.
They are listening to us.

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Dodge/Ford Guy
Platinum Trail is $1000 team
And keep an eye out. Great things coming with USA Bass Trails.
They are listening to us.

very good to know each trail is a business and they are in business to make money, and should, but when a business stops talking to their customers they lose business and stop making money.
Posted By: rangerb

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Dax Davis
Its called to many trails!

+1... In the days of the Redman, there were very few options of tournaments to fish. I bet there are currently many more fisherman in tournaments each weekend than there were back in the Redman days..
Posted By: bassackwards dav

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/11/13 11:20 PM

Its a combination of economy and two many trails, along with inflation. Fuel cost boat prices and entries . But I know for me fuel is a manger expense. If your going to pre fish and your driving even just 100 miles one way. Its a full tank. Before food hotel . So most tourneys at working mans level are going to be jackpot big time. The few that seem to be able to spend all there time on water on the preferred water are profitable. And I understand it. I would do same thing if I could.

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/12/13 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: bassackwards dav
Its a combination of economy and two many trails, along with inflation. Fuel cost boat prices and entries . But I know for me fuel is a manger expense. If your going to pre fish and your driving even just 100 miles one way. Its a full tank. Before food hotel . So most tourneys at working mans level are going to be jackpot big time. The few that seem to be able to spend all there time on water on the preferred water are profitable. And I understand it. I would do same thing if I could.

Yes Sir too many trails is a major problem but I was hoping to get some input as to what a trail needs to do to increase numbers in the field ? helpsign juggle de
Posted By: TX Basser

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/12/13 12:35 AM

Buy out the other trails and combine them.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/12/13 12:47 AM

Well platinum has a $500 side pot which if you are going to pay $1000 im sure you will put in another $500. It increases your payout by a lot.

As far as most of the guys being pros, it has no more "pros" than some bassnbucks or a TTT tournament. Actually I don't recognize over half the teams in the field.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/12/13 12:59 AM

Did all the teams pay in full for all 4 tournies ? How much money was put up by a team to say they were in all 4 tournies, just curious.
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Well platinum has a $500 side pot which if you are going to pay $1000 im sure you will put in another $500. It increases your payout by a lot.

As far as most of the guys being pros, it has no more "pros" than some bassnbucks or a TTT tournament. Actually I don't recognize over half the teams in the field.
Posted By: jmj201

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/12/13 01:04 AM

When FLW had the TTT it had an awesome draw. It would be cool to see it come back. I understand they would have to increase entry fee but that would be ok.

Get rid of the Texas Everstarts, and have one of the central division in Texas on Rayburn.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/12/13 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Did all the teams pay in full for all 4 tournies ? How much money was put up by a team to say they were in all 4 tournies, just curious.[quote=Jaret Latta]Well platinum has a $500 side pot which if you are going to pay $1000 im sure you will put in another $500. It increases your payout by a lot.

1200, balances are due about 6 weeks out. We are as far from pro as you can be, just degenerate gambler is all I am.

Re: Tournaments what's happing? - 09/12/13 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By: jmj201
When FLW had the TTT it had an awesome draw. It would be cool to see it come back. I understand they would have to increase entry fee but that would be ok.

Get rid of the Texas Everstarts, and have one of the central division in Texas on Rayburn.

they got it right in the Texas Div as far as I'm concerned just hope it stays that way for 2015
I'm thinking I might just fish everstart again even with one hand I see nothing in the rules that would stop a handicapped angler from fishing them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum