Posted By: Skeeterag99

Re: lake palestine - 07/27/13 03:26 AM

all of them
Posted By: captain-kilroy

Re: lake palestine - 07/27/13 03:27 AM

never been on Palestine. what ramp is the best off 315
Posted By: JerryC

Re: lake palestine - 07/27/13 01:16 PM

Trying to move over from an overcrowded Lake Tyler, mixing in a trip or two to Palestine. Mr SkeeterAg99 is it a typical summer pattern at Palestine. Shallow morning and evening and deep structure all day, or does it fish different, if you don't mind me asking.

Re: lake palestine - 07/27/13 01:30 PM

kickapoo ramp is open, be careful in that area very stumpy and navigation is tricky without watching someone your first time. It can be done just idle around, lots shallow areas and stumps. Flat creek is also open further down 315, under the bridge is no running-millions of stumps, and east of the bridge has stumps as well 20-30 yds out. All the way down is ledbetter and highsaw which is actually off 155 close to 315. I recommend starting there if its your first time. I am a believer that fish on palestine stay shallow if that helps lol. So yes shallow with deep water by is key. However fish do get on deep structure, but deep is relative, 10-12 feet is deep on palestine. Just be careful, palestine is not kind on your boat. just take your time, or follow someone if you decide to run. If you like shallow fishing palestine is great for it, also lots of docks to flip that hold fish
Posted By: hookedon

Re: lake palestine - 07/27/13 02:53 PM

Use caution on the 315 Kickapoo ramp there is lot's of theft at that ramp. Then again where is it not!

Re: lake palestine - 07/28/13 01:14 AM

Right on about he boat ramp, my license plate is missing! and I hve busted a meth head breaking into my truck, caught in the act, he better be glad he saw my 350 lb friend running after him, or he would have had a bad day.
Posted By: Jeremy S.

Re: lake palestine - 07/28/13 02:23 AM

I've been lucky on the theft at Kickapoo I guess. My truck kinda screams "rob me". Be careful up there at skeeterag, said, it's stumpy and easy to get hung up.

I love the lake though, just need to learn it better.
Posted By: deadringer0419

Re: lake palestine - 07/28/13 02:39 AM

love Palestine.fish shallow early and shallow late. docks and rocks.
Posted By: captain-kilroy

Re: lake palestine - 07/28/13 03:18 AM

Thanks for the info, if I launch off 155, how clear is it up to Kickapoo creek.
Posted By: MarcM64

Re: lake palestine - 07/28/13 04:33 AM

If your talking about launching of off 155 @Ledbetter, then it is a no go if you've never been on the lake. If you want to fish Kickapoo, then get a map and put in at the Kickapoo ramp and watch your depth! Idle only! Its very shallow on that part of the lake. My suggestion would be, launch at Lake Palestine Resort, put the trolling motor down and start fishing! Tons of fish in Highsaw -Ledbetter! One thing about Palestine.. If your not sure, then idle around or follow someone.
Posted By: hookedon

Re: lake palestine - 07/28/13 01:55 PM

Do not try and run from Ledbetter/Highsaw if you have never been on the lake. As others said there are under water hazards all the way up there and I have fished the lake for some time and find new ones every time out. If you put in at Kickapoo idle only and be careful where you cross over by sunken bridges you will get caught up on the ledges. My suggestion would be as CouplesTeam said work your way around Ledbetter/Highsaw there are plenty fish there to be caught and your less likely to tear up something. Good luck and be safe
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: lake palestine - 07/28/13 01:59 PM

I use to put in there all the time. Knock on wood. Never got broken into. But, times are changing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum