Ivie - 11/08/12 01:40 AM

Sunday pre-front or Monday post-front?
Which would you prefer.
Posted By: dallasfisherman1

Re: Ivie - 11/08/12 01:49 AM

Per front
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Ivie - 11/08/12 01:51 AM

Pre front ...right up through the front...Get you some good 20-30 mph wind and the fish go to eating.
Posted By: STEVE B

Re: Ivie - 11/08/12 01:52 AM

What's the wind supposed to do? Think its gonna be windy this wknd here.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Ivie - 11/08/12 01:56 AM

Maybe. I usually just lick my finger and hold it up in the air.
Posted By: The Hag

Re: Ivie - 11/08/12 02:13 AM

Sounds like Sunday is going to be a great time to be there, especially if we have the cloud cover they predict.

Just got back from some time there today. Found some shallow fish and had some good ones flash the bait at the boat.
Posted By: snmcc

Re: Ivie - 11/08/12 02:47 AM

Looks like Sunday it is... Weather says 16mph and cloudy.
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: Ivie - 11/08/12 02:58 AM

20 mph Friday and Saturday. I'll be there!
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Ivie - 11/08/12 05:45 AM

wind or no wind go on the cloudy days......that's been the key my last few trips. Fish the shallow cedars as soon as the sun gets tucked behind the clouds.
Posted By: J Hall

Re: Ivie - 11/08/12 05:12 PM

Agreed with Chris, once the sun is hidden in the clouds get your muscels lose, sumthings happens and turns them on . You will see them start chasing shad rite away, good luck

Re: Ivie - 11/09/12 02:55 AM

Tuesday looks like it will be an awsome day to be there....I'd be tossing a frog.

Re: Ivie - 11/09/12 03:02 AM

I am going to work some topwater then move to a squarebill if I can find bait shallow. Hopefully they will be on moving baits.

Re: Ivie - 11/09/12 04:05 AM

Good luck! I hope you get into them good. Last trip out we tossed wake baits to sammy's to lunker punkers and the only top water action they would bite was frogs. Tossed an assortment of squarebills and DD's and only caught 2 fish with them. Tossed a blade for a while with no bites, assorted plastics and even some swimbaits from 4" to 8" without anything to show. I wish I could lock onto a mid day pattern when they are suspended.....but maybe that will come after it cools a few more times and they move out to the points as they stage to go deep.
Posted By: The Hag

Re: Ivie - 11/09/12 04:36 AM

White fluke!!!!
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Ivie - 11/09/12 02:48 PM

Heading down there this evening for our club tourney this weekend.

Re: Ivie - 11/11/12 12:56 AM

Hopefully the wind will lay down in the morning...
Posted By: Mike Murphy

Re: Ivie - 11/11/12 03:49 AM

Ditto the white fluke.... that's a clue.....

If i were a die hard fisher person I would be there this next week...clue...

Me and a friend went down last Thursday for the last two hours of daylight and had a real good time.
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: Ivie - 11/12/12 06:43 PM

Wondering if anyone did any good this past weekend. We only bass fished a little bit, we mostly went after crappie.

I did manage a 3.5 pounder on a square bill on Friday afternoon. It was a really sickly looking fish though. It had the head of an 8 pounder. It was one of the thinnest, poorest looking fish I have seen. It had really pretty, dark coloring though. Caught it in an area that was inaccessible before the rains! It was great to see the lake with more water than it had when I was there in August.

Posted By: Skeeter_1

Re: Ivie - 11/12/12 06:47 PM

dude put a hat on ....... lol......... holler at me and lets go to fork again.....

Re: Ivie - 11/12/12 09:11 PM

All I caught were little ones on a frog. The little guys were going airborne most of the day in a few spots.
Posted By: Wirebender

Re: Ivie - 11/12/12 09:49 PM

My goodness that is one sickly looking fish. Don't let her breed in Ivie!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum