Texas Fishing Forum

Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime.

Posted By: creekbeater

Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/29/12 01:50 AM

I'm really proud of her but it would be nice if I could catch a few good fish every once in a while.Does anyone else have this problem?
Posted By: SkeeterMarine

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/29/12 01:54 AM

All the time, the only time I catch decent fish is when she isn't with me!
Posted By: worm on a hook

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/29/12 02:52 AM

Sad thing is I bet she just picks through what u already have in your tackle box.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/29/12 02:16 PM

My wife harldy ever goes but she can catch em. And get hung up.
Posted By: papamark

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/29/12 02:36 PM

Tought mine to Bass fish, she now has as much stuff as I do and when I took her to Fork 2 years ago to teach her how to spoon fish, she caught a 11 lb 6 oz ,go figure
Posted By: onthebank

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/29/12 02:43 PM

Yup. I got smoked by my wife all summer.
Posted By: Chris Davis - USAFishingTrails

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/29/12 04:07 PM

Haha! I love when my mom and dad fish a tournament together. I always get to hear my mom brag about how she beat my dad, while my dad keeps going back to, "It's a team tournament, woman! Who put us on the fish that you caught?" Then my mom responds with, "Who told you to go to those spots?" And on, and on, and on...

Love it!
Posted By: wacopops

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/29/12 05:20 PM

A good problem to have,I have the same one,but on the plus side she never complains about the money I spend on fishing.Good luck
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/29/12 05:50 PM

My Wife/Tournament Partner makes me look good.
She's practically won a few tournaments by herself.
With BB of 9.50 & 1st place being the latest.
I brought up the rear with a 2 pounder.
Funny thing she wanted a bigger share of
our $2800 win CAUSE she had more weight rolfmao
Posted By: creekbeater

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/30/12 12:34 AM

Gotta do watch cha gotta do.My wife now get's online and orders tackle all the time.Gettin e-mails from them.I've(I mean we)have stuff I never even heard of now.It's pretty cool.I just hope she never learns how to hook up and launch herself.One day I was gettin ready to move to another spot,pulled up the TM and turned around and she was clipping the kill switch to her life jacket.That day is coming.Haha
Posted By: Skeeter_Man1

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/30/12 12:53 AM

It better if they fish with you then gripe about how you go fishing everyfish weekend!
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/30/12 01:34 AM

I taught her how to fish now she does pretty well. One day we was kicking me all over the place but I came from behind and tied on the last tree.
Very proud of her progress and now she enjoys it a whole lot more.
Posted By: Fishingdanlee

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/30/12 04:00 PM

I took mine to Falcon for her first trip. We caught over 150 from 2 to pounds SHE IS HOOKED. First year in bass club she won her first tourny & several more that same year. The kicker is that at least 6 times she had big bass for the weekend her PB was 10.03 (still is). Also several Sat or Sun big bass. We collected 12 checks that year for big bass. The guys in the club are always glad to see me fishing by myself. This year she has only fished 2 tournys big bass both times. Sets in the back of the boat and wears me out with her darn senkos. I can't fish that slow that long.
Posted By: cd1248

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/30/12 04:07 PM

I think the women focus and slow down better than we do.My girlfriend smokes me at times.
Posted By: fishing nut

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/30/12 04:17 PM

It is very cool to have a wife that goes fishing. I would be in BIG trouble if I went fishing without her. My wife and kids are actually the ones that got me into fishing. My wife has fished her whole life.

Her PB is 12lbs 11ozs which she caught in May 08 post spawn; that fish was absolutely amazing. As soon as I got it loose she wanted me to turn it loose, I insisted on weighing it and taking her picture with it... Then we turned her loose and she swam off in great shape... She has also been our club's open Champion... I think she has won every award our club offers some many times over...
Posted By: herpmajor

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/30/12 05:21 PM

My girlfriend has always been a big saltwater gal. I helped her catch her 1st bass and she loves to go on every trip I plan. What I do is just let her know that I plan on going out to do some big bass fishing which means not as many bites.

remind her that means more patience and getting up at an ungodly hour and there is a chance of bad weather. After that if she still wants to go.... tell her you promised to take your other girlfriend 1st.

Now you have the boat to yourself.
Posted By: Bassmad

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/30/12 07:07 PM

Anyone who has a spouse who loves to fish as much as you, is blessed. Beats explaining just why you have to have those baits, or rods, etc.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/31/12 12:30 AM

Greatness!
Posted By: pinesaddict

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 10/31/12 01:00 AM

My wife does the same. Here are some possible reasons. She does what I tell her ( me and she's a KVD fan) instead of fishing too fast like me). When its not working she does something really different (fishes a drop shot like stroking a jig) all the while she's kicking my butt while I'm telling her that's really not going to work. That shouldn't be fished that way. Why are you casting over there? And then there is that's such a pretty color while I'm laughing she buys some and gets second place and big fish and the check. With that pretty color.
Posted By: propman

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 11/01/12 05:20 PM

That will never happen to me. My wife gets sea sick in just a mild chop. barf Please don't tell her about Dramamine or any of that other stuff. She has horses, de so I don't ask her what she spends on their stuff and she doesn't ask me what I spend on my fishing stuff. fish She sees the charge bills though. hammer Dammit.
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 11/01/12 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: cd1248
I think the women focus and slow down better than we do.My girlfriend smokes me at times.

Women fish slower, last club tournament I fished she beat me in the back of my boat.
Posted By: largemouthokie

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 11/02/12 11:13 PM

Taught my wife how to fish after we were married. She has been fishing for 15 years now. If the fish are on a
worm bite or a crankbait bite, she is as good as anybody I have fished with. I am so proud of her when she does well. It's fun to see her get so excited! We have had some of our best times together fishing.
Posted By: Justinkace1217

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 11/04/12 04:31 AM

I agree and they work they're baits better with more finesse.
Posted By: Lowly Net Boy

Re: Taught my wife how to bass fish.Now she wears me out everytime. - 11/04/12 11:53 AM

Man u have done it now, u have opened yourself up to ridicule,embarrassment,empty bank accounts,large CC debts. How do I know this, I did the same thing almost 40yrs ago, she has a 9' 160 lb sailfish on the wall,her first 18 lb striper. Several 10,11's and 2 12's in the last 10 yrs. Me? NOTHING. Instead of buying 1-2 baits ,I buy 3-4,1 rod, now its 2, same with reels,HAD to buy 50K boat just to carry all HER #%$@, I drive the boat,read the graph,mark the fish,run TM,tie knots,repair professional over-runs (she doesn't get backlashes) and net the fish, after almost 50yrs of experience in fishing, I have become "a lowly netboy"....................................................................................Seriously though, greatest thing I ever did, would'nt change a thing
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum