Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Pro coming to Longview?

Posted By: ToadHooker

Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/10/12 11:01 PM

So I was told by a coworker that they will be building a Bass Pro off 259 by the movie theatre. They were very convincing but I'm always skeptical when it comes from a friend of a friend who heard it from there sisters boyfriend! Anyone else hear this rumor?
Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/10/12 11:18 PM

Retirement village is all the dirt work going on. Mobberly Church also bought Williams Lake and are clearing land. I thinks its a rumor.
Posted By: HatCamBass

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/10/12 11:20 PM

This same thing came up several months back in a different thread...think it's just a rumor.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7583400/1
Posted By: ToadHooker

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/11/12 12:10 AM

To bad...I was excited all day at work today! Thanks guys.
Posted By: Fishing the Bend

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/11/12 12:45 AM

Not 100% on this, but I read in the Longview newspaper that a building permit has been issued for Bass Pro Shops, Salt Grass Steakhouse and a Joes Crab Shack. Guess will see soon enough.

Tight Lines
><>

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/11/12 12:58 PM

I also heard they will build Disney World #3 here since it was halfway between LA and Orlando. LOL!

I think rumors spread fast around here.
Posted By: BVF_LoP_Guide

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/11/12 01:03 PM

That would be a dream come true. Bass pro is a man's version of Disney world anyway..
Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/11/12 01:13 PM

No way they would build one in Longview. Too much of the Shreveport sales comes from that area. If you go in BPS in Shreveport, Grapevine or Garland during the week, it's a ghost town. Imagine what a BPS would look like in Longview during normal business hours. You would hear the crickets.
Posted By: Bowhunterman

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/11/12 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Brant King.
No way they would build one in Longview. Too much of the Shreveport sales comes from that area. If you go in BPS in Shreveport, Grapevine or Garland during the week, it's a ghost town. Imagine what a BPS would look like in Longview during normal business hours. You would hear the crickets.

+1....Not happening.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 10/11/12 03:15 PM

I hope they build that Disney World on top of the bass pro so i can have double the fun!!!
Posted By: griffinday

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/04/12 03:08 AM

I over heard a guy talking about bps and tried to get as much info as I could anyway this guy manages a stone company and he informed me they have received a large order for bass pro for a location off 259... He also talked about a HUGE apartment complex order in the same area that had a ton of stone... Does bass pro have smaller locations/outlet centers? If not would it be out of the question that they would build smaller locations to compete in smaller markets with academy's or gander mountains?
Posted By: MBarger

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/04/12 06:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishing the Bend
Not 100% on this, but I read in the Longview newspaper that a building permit has been issued for Bass Pro Shops, Salt Grass Steakhouse and a Joes Crab Shack. Guess will see soon enough.

Tight Lines
><>

I went to high school with a guy who's family owns a construction company. He did confirm permits have been issued for Salt Grass and Joes. I asked him about the BPS, said that BPS has looked at sites in Longview, but that it is still in "developing" stage.
Posted By: CENTEX Toad Hunter

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/04/12 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: MBarger
Originally Posted By: Fishing the Bend

Tight Lines
><>

I went to high school with a guy who's family owns a construction company. He did confirm permits have been issued for Salt Grass and Joes. I asked him about the BPS, said that BPS has looked at sites in Longview, but that it is still in "developing" stage.

It's not uncommon for big box retail to purchase land as much as five years in advance to building. This way, they secure a potential location as a strategy to prevent competition development of have ground if they decide to build. Either way, the land remains a stockholder asset rather than a company asset.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/04/12 06:27 PM

I order to have a BPS come to you area, you must have the proper location. It's got to be very cheap property on the wrong side of town.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/04/12 06:46 PM

Don't believe it will happen, but I would suggest Tyler would be a far superior location if they did. I guess we will see, but I don't think Longview has the demographics or population that BPS would require.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/04/12 08:23 PM

Bass Pro = overpriced. Bass pro is ok to go look around on a rainy day, but I do all of my buying at academy.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/04/12 10:51 PM

Not enough roof tops.
Posted By: Crankjig&drag

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/04/12 10:58 PM

Bps ought to build a store in brownwood tx. Mainly because brownwood is in middle of Texas so ppl from west tx don't have to drive all the way to dfw. Also brownwood is also in the middle of prime hunting country.
Posted By: FlipAJig

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/05/12 04:37 PM

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores...1&langId=-1

Here you go.

Re: Bass Pro coming to Longview? - 11/05/12 04:44 PM

We don't want no stickin BPS here.

Funny how rumors spread in Longview.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum