Texas Fishing Forum

"You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that"

Posted By: Jersey Dan

"You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 10:34 PM

That's the text I just received from my chick... haha

How many of you have had to cut your girl off because it interfered with Fishing. I'm away probably 4 to 5 months a year combined.

I just can't see myself ever choosing a woman over fishing.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 10:40 PM

If a girl brought up the subject it would be game over. I know when I need to be around. I'm not gonna be a horses rear about fishing, but If your gonna whine then this isn't gonna work... I'm lucky, mine goes and suntans and reads a book on the back deck while I fish.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 10:44 PM

What u need is a hot ms aikman!!
Posted By: Texan4Liberty

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 10:44 PM

Should I go keep her happy while you're gone fishing?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Been married 20 years. If I go more than 2-3 days without fishing she starts dropping hints that I need to go. Shes says I get irritable and grumpy when I don't. Lots of times she will go and just relax on the back deck. Got lucky when I found this one. she has never complained about me going but that being said I have always made sure I took care of any and all responsibilities first. Family has always came first and I still manage to fish more than just about anyone I know.
I could not handle a naggy woman at all.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 10:48 PM

Should of got the hint when
she mailed you a grill to falcon
to stay away.

Hope the legend splits in half.
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 10:49 PM

Been married for 32 years to my best friend and one of the best fishing partners I have ever fished with.

Personally, I could not imagine my life without my wife, two children and now my two grandchildren.....they complete who I am.

I love to fish as much as the next guy but there is truly more to life than fishng, I can assure you of that!
Posted By: Neches

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
If I go more than 2-3 days without fishing she starts dropping hints that I need to go.

I have a friend that used to have a wife just like that. He came home one night after getting sick at the lake. He was supposed stay and fish the next day. Well anyway, he backed his boat beside the house and decided to go in the back door, which he never does. As he was reaching for the door knob the door flew open and he got ran smooth over by a guy coming out.
Posted By: MBarger

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 11:09 PM

Mine goes with me also, fishes a little, reads a little, sleeps a little. Lol I personally like having her in the boat, she hasn't done much fishing until we got together, so she is like a little kid when she catches one, and when I am getting frustrated because i'm not hauling them in, she reminds me that it is not only about catching fish, but just being out on the lake.
Posted By: Choogie Chunker

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 11:45 PM

I have been there , glad I'm not any more!

Some just want to be the one to decide how much you should fish or hunt, not you. It doesn't stop there either. It will spread to more and more areas the longer you let it. Run, Forest, run!!!!!
Posted By: Bank beater 1

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 11:50 PM

Been married 20 years. If I go more than 2-3 days without fishing she starts dropping hints that I need to go. Shes says I get irritable and grumpy when I don't. Lots of times she will go and just relax on the back deck. Got lucky when I found this one. she has never complained about me going but that being said I have always made sure I took care of any and all responsibilities first. Family has always came first and I still manage to fish more than just about anyone I know.

+1
Mine same way. And she don't have any guys coming around bc most the time has no idea if i will be back in an hour cause the boat broke(i have [censored] luck) or two days. She is fine with me. Staying however long i want as long as i come back at least by the time i say i am coming back so she knows how long before she sends the search and rescue folks smile
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/10/12 11:51 PM

I bet the first 15 girls I dated we split because of my fishing. My wife dont give a rats tail as long as she has money to do whatever. And yet she never leaves the house. SoUnds good to me. Now I just need more money to fund this addiction.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 12:01 AM

women are like buses, one comes along every 15 minutes. if you have to worry about her sweating your fishing, NEXT!
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 12:01 AM

If she is a keeper fish when you can and keep her. Don't be a ninkapoop!!
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 12:05 AM

I don't know how many times my gf has asked me If I love fishing more than her. From day one I told her I fish when I want and drink beer as much as I want, as long as you don't interfere with that we'll be okay. After 3 years she's still around.
Posted By: CrankBait1007

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 12:29 AM

I think I’m gonna just sit back read and get advice on this one. popcorn

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 12:38 AM

just text her back - "gone fishing"
Posted By: CENTEX Toad Hunter

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 12:42 AM

A guy that has a gal that supports his fishing has the best of both worlds. At times, the planets don't align and you gotta know what's best for both of you.

Mine had to put up with my military career of 22years, so my fishing is limited, but I still consider myself a serious angler!
Posted By: FZ1

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 12:54 AM

"I'm gonna miss her."
Posted By: brett8388

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:05 AM

This is terrible advice - you people are all crazy. There is nothing more important than the love of a good woman. Fish come and go, but a good woman is forever.

I gave up fishing and guitar collecting years ago when my wife asked me to and I've never regretted it.

Dan my advice is to sell your boat and gear and buy her something nice she will really appreciate, and don't go cheap - a new Range Rover is appropriate. Show her how much she means to you.

God bless.
Posted By: Troyz

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Bank beater 1

+1
Mine same way. And she don't have any guys coming around bc most the time has no idea if i will be back in an hour cause the boat broke(i have [censored] luck) or two days. She is fine with me. Staying however long i want as long as i come back at least by the time i say i am coming back so she knows how long before she sends the search and rescue folks smile

+2 Just celebrated our 25th and life is great. She is fine with me fishing whenever I want. I am retired (she still works) and she is a firm believer in enjoying life while you can.
Posted By: fishan

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:14 AM

Follow your is my best advise!
Posted By: Arklatexfish

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:28 AM

Not that i'm happy about it at all but I'm on my 4th wife because I always chose my passions over my wives. Now I am married to the best woman a man could ask for. She allows me to fish and enjoys going fishing with me. It took a while but I finally found the right one. They are out there.
Posted By: Soft Tap

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:35 AM

wife tells her friends my mistress stays in the garage, and we go on dates on saturdays and some scheduled days off. Says I always get a soft towel and go out and rub on her every now and then !!!
Posted By: ReelGirl

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:38 AM

My husband bought me a new 2012 Ranger Z521 last week, a Mercedes ML550 to pull it with and new tackle and rod/reels for my birthday:) Now tell me I don't know how to work my man! I love fishing....girls just gotta know how to work guys:)Men are pretty simple....support their fishing and you will have them eating out of the palm of your hand. Hats off to all the fishermen!
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:47 AM

No wonder she(My Ex-Wife) divorced me...haha
Posted By: horton5303

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: steve hummert
Been married for 32 years to my best friend and one of the best fishing partners I have ever fished with.

Personally, I could not imagine my life without my wife, two children and now my two grandchildren.....they complete who I am.

I love to fish as much as the next guy but there is truly more to life than fishng, I can assure you of that!

+1
Posted By: Blakehock

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:54 AM

There would be a come to Jesus talk im sure...

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: ReelGirl
My husband bought me a new 2012 Ranger Z521 last week, a Mercedes ML550 to pull it with and new tackle and rod/reels for my birthday:) Now tell me I don't know how to work my man! I love fishing....girls just gotta know how to work guys:)Men are pretty simple....support their fishing and you will have them eating out of the palm of your hand. Hats off to all the fishermen!

Must be nice to have that kind of money to blow.

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:58 AM

If he didnt have the cash. You wouldnt have worked a thing.Ha!
Posted By: ReelGirl

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 02:00 AM

That's true:) I am not bragging, I am seriously one lucky girl! and I really do love to fish. Tripp is my husband and best friend, we do everything together. Where one goes you will usually find the other.

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 02:08 AM

I have to admit im Jealous. My wife and i are the best of friends but i just cant get her to come with me as much as i would like.

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 02:13 AM

We have been together for 19 years. I am 36 she is 39. I have been told a million times what a good wife i have. Problem now is her mother lives with us.... I feel like i am on the back burner anymore..:( There are many times i have asked her to go but she was too tired or some other excuse. I know for a Fact if she didnt feel like she had to keep her mom entertained she would go more often without a doubt...
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 02:27 AM

Every man most know his limitations all the time .
Posted By: Clay Shipe

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 02:44 AM

Tough situation... But Jesus, and Family will always come first before I wet a line.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 03:01 AM

I'm lucky that my wife wants me to go fishing. She knows how much it means to me. There have been times when I have been starting up the mower and she has told me to go to the lake, she'll handle the mowing. But I treat her right too, back rubs, random gifts and treats, doing the dishes or cooking will go a long way.
Posted By: Eric Reeves

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: brett8388
This is terrible advice - you people are all crazy. There is nothing more important than the love of a good woman. Fish come and go, but a good woman is forever.

I gave up fishing and guitar collecting years ago when my wife asked me to and I've never regretted it.

Dan my advice is to sell your boat and gear and buy her something nice she will really appreciate, and don't go cheap - a new Range Rover is appropriate. Show her how much she means to you.

God bless.

This is not the way to go.
Posted By: SLO

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 03:24 AM

WE all got a good woman at home but mine has a great husband too. I told her years ago to just stay home and take care of the kids the house cleaning the laundry the yard and the cooking becuase I didn't want her to work...!

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 03:31 AM

men require respect, women require love..

it's in the bible thumb
Posted By: FZ1

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Jersey Dan
That's the text I just received from my chick... haha

How many of you have had to cut your girl off because it interfered with Fishing. I'm away probably 4 to 5 months a year combined.

I just can't see myself ever choosing a woman over fishing.
She gone,man.
Posted By: Caribou

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Eric Reeves

God bless.

This is not the way to go.

lol, i was with him for the first sentence.
Posted By: The Thorpedo

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 05:55 AM

Broke it off with my lady of 3 1/2 years for the same reasons. First its fishing, then friends, then what you wear, then farting in public. Next your a zombie! I'm to young and there's a bigger bass in the lake to catch "so to speak"

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 11:31 AM

God bless.

Wow really whatr u doing on a fishing forum? I think i hear a whip cracking in the background better mosie along before she catches u. Sorry that's too far to go for a woman. I am not pigheaded enough to say her opinion don't matter but will be a cold day in hell before i sell off and quit my passion bc she asked me too.
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:37 PM

Hmm…this is an easy one…first if she loves you she will accept you as you are, second if you love her you will not take her for granted, third if you love God above all – all will be as He wants it and that is always best for everyone !... I had a close call when I was young, I was a few weeks away from saying “I do” when my little wife to be said the right thing at the right time, she said “don’t you think your fishing a little to much ? “…I didn’t miss a beat I said “ give me back my ring “ and luckily she pulled it off and handed it to me…her dad wanted to kill me cause he lost money on the hall, food, ect., but it was as the Lord intended it to be…I later met a woman that our first date was night fishing on a golf course with buzzbaits, she loved it…we married and honeymooned at the 1992 Bass Masters Classic and we have been married every since…God has His way of making things right – Romans 8:28,” And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God” - you just need to listen to Him !!! God luck in your search…
Posted By: Hawnyock!!

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 01:50 PM

my wife tells me all the time I should have been born a fish...or better yet I should have married one..fact is she knew 10 yrs ago when we were dating that its what I do and there ain't no changing it...
Posted By: 96speed

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 02:25 PM

God bless.

Agreed. As dangerous as it is to fish some of the better lakes out there its just not worth it. I can't look my 3 beautiful daughters in the eye and selfishly put myself in harms way just to catch a fish.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: horton5303
Originally Posted By: ReelGirl

Must be nice to have that kind of money to blow.
why would u tow with a Mercedes?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: KCFISH'N
Hmm…this is an easy one…first if she loves you she will accept you as you are, second if you love her you will not take her for granted, third if you love God above all – all will be as He wants it and that is always best for everyone !... I had a close call when I was young, I was a few weeks away from saying “I do” when my little wife to be said the right thing at the right time, she said “don’t you think your fishing a little to much ? “…I didn’t miss a beat I said “ give me back my ring “ and luckily she pulled it off and handed it to me…her dad wanted to kill me cause he lost money on the hall, food, ect., but it was as the Lord intended it to be…I later met a woman that our first date was night fishing on a golf course with buzzbaits, she loved it…we married and honeymooned at the 1992 Bass Masters Classic and we have been married every since…God has His way of making things right – Romans 8:28,” And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God” - you just need to listen to Him !!! God luck in your search…
there there have it! This is how u do it! Good post more people need to think like this

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 96speed
Agreed. As dangerous as it is to fish some of the better lakes out there its just not worth it. I can't look my 3 beautiful daughters in the eye and selfishly put myself in harms way just to catch a fish.

Have you ever even been to falcon? I'm guessing not. My wife "deals" with my fishing and was terrified of falcon till I took her. And I can't wait till my son is old enough to go down with me. That lake is only as dangerous as you make it. Been a handfull of times and had ZERO issues. I cant say the same for few other places I fished. Hell I even almost got robbed fishing pleasure island in sabine pass one day in broad daylight. Thank the lord for a concealed carry liscense. Plus with the way pleasure boaters are on my local lakes nowdays its almost safer on falcon becaus of boat wakes bout killing you
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 04:03 PM

i was the same way until my son was born. amazing how a 6 pounder can change your whole view on priorities and whats important.
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 04:15 PM

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 05:50 PM

Love it
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 06:59 PM

God bless.

You are right, this ^ is terrible advice.
Fishing is who we are, not what we do.
If she really loved you she would not make you give up other things you love that are also important to you.
Making you choose between them and her is just selfish on her part. Does she make you go shopping with her also? LOL

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: 96speed

God bless.

I would be willing to bet that it is more dangerous on the streets of Houston than on the area lakes....driving in Houston!!....talk about being in harms way...
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 07:13 PM

huh?
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/11/12 10:40 PM

God bless.

:rofl:

Posted By: Boudreaux99

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/12/12 12:11 AM

God bless.

Brett is funny! This guy fishes more than anyone I know.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/12/12 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Boudreaux99

God bless.

hahaha. Let it be known Brett is my main fishing partner...

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/12/12 01:07 AM

Good one..LOL
Posted By: catslayer

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/12/12 09:34 PM

God bless.

and click on his link to the guitar collection.. OMG! I drooled more than normal...
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/12/12 09:38 PM

God bless.

truth..

Last year,

brett" I'm going to falcon, want to go?"
me" wish i could it's my girls b-day"
brett"she'll have another one, let's go!!"

in hind site, i should have gone to falcon that time, since we just broke up a week ago, she got pissed is fished to much LOL

I'm either always working or fishing,

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/12/12 10:28 PM

90 5.0 fail sir epic fail
Posted By: AMERICAN-TEXAN

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/14/12 07:50 PM

Find one that allows you to have the space/time you need to do what you love to do and Vise Vesa. Goes both ways... Retationships take time/work to keep together. If you don't want to spend the time she desires from you than you may explain that the two of you would be happier apart...
Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: "You love to fish , that's great but it has become more than that" - 09/14/12 08:20 PM

What I did in the beginning is go fishing as much as i could until I was just about sick of it. When she started complaining I "agreed" that I spent too much time fishing so we "comprised" on me just going half as much. She was happy and thought she "won" and I was happy because I was back to fishing my normal amount.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum