Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci

Posted By: MBarger

Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 03:19 AM

Been in the market for a fishfinder for a while, I know these aren't the biggest/best models out there, but for how much I fish and my budget, these are what I have it narrowed down to. These are going to be the only fishfinder on boat and will be at console. Which one would you go with and why?
Posted By: billledbetter

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 10:51 AM

I love my 597! Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to update. I can't ask for more.
Posted By: Just_Old_Fisherman

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 11:22 AM

If only 1 unit on your boat, might think about Ram Mount or Johnny Ray mount so you can turn it around and see it from the front of the boat. Did that for lots of years, better than running back & forth between console and front of the boat.
Posted By: WSMBUCK

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 11:27 AM

I love my 597, very user friendly.
Posted By: ffamousamos

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 01:26 PM

Is $552.38 shipped to my front door a good price for the Humminbird 597ci HD DI Combo? I have it in my shoppoing cart at Tackle Warehouse. $649 - 15% = $552 free shippping & no tax

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 01:32 PM

Yeah best price I have seen, do you have a coupon for the 15% off? I need another one

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 01:37 PM

Coupon is automatic,adds to your cart automaticly. Its good till 12:00 noon California time

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Just_Old_Fisherman
If only 1 unit on your boat, might think about Ram Mount or Johnny Ray mount so you can turn it around and see it from the front of the boat. Did that for lots of years, better than running back & forth between console and front of the boat.

Yea this was already in the plans. My buddy has one fishfinder also and his ram mount makes it so much easier to just flip around and see what your looking at instead of going back and forth and loosing fishing time. He has thought about putting the base up front, and switching it out when he is on the trolling motor, but I don't know how that would work out.

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: MBarger
Been in the market for a fishfinder for a while, I know these aren't the biggest/best models out there, but for how much I fish and my budget, these are what I have it narrowed down to. These are going to be the only fishfinder on boat and will be at console. Which one would you go with and why?

MBarger, im thinking about pulling the trigger on a 597ci HD DI Combo from Tackle Wharehouse for $552 out the door. I think thats about the best price around. Have you found any better deals?

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 01:44 PM

Thanks for the info on the sale

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ffamousamos
Originally Posted By: MBarger

MBarger, im thinking about pulling the trigger on a 597ci HD DI Combo from Tackle Wharehouse for $552 out the door. I think thats about the best price around. Have you found any better deals?

I haven't, but Shut-Up and Fish is a member on here and has very good prices from what I have read, if you have time I would shoot a PM to him and see what his price is.
Posted By: Jkf96a

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 05:01 PM

I have the Elite 5, seems to be a good unit. It's the first "nice" one I have ever had. My only beef with it is that it only takes the micro SD cards, so you can't use whatever chip you had before, and you can't buy one of the used chips off the classifieds.
Posted By: Fishin Wood

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/04/12 09:38 PM

I have been looking at the same units. if this is the same one you are looking at it is a little cheaper 534.00 shipped.

http://fishfinders.factoryoutletstore.co...B8uavt2ZsyaqA==
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/05/12 01:33 PM

Go with humminbird, lowrance customer service is a nightmare if you ever need anything fixed. That being said I've had an elite 5 for 2 years without issues but only because my previous eagle gps/sonar unit died under warrenty and I had to kick and scream to get them to replace it with the most relevant model.

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/05/12 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishin Wood
I have been looking at the same units. if this is the same one you are looking at it is a little cheaper 534.00 shipped.

http://fishfinders.factoryoutletstore.co...B8uavt2ZsyaqA==
That one doesnt have the DI The one ffamousamos posted is the DI unit. Both are Great its just which one you want. But thats a Great price on the DI one, The other is priced the same as Basspro and alot of others.
Posted By: 10lberfork

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/05/12 04:25 PM

get the di unit you wont be sorry very crisp looking in blue
Posted By: crappie-mark

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 vs. Humminbird 597ci - 09/05/12 04:33 PM

does the 597 require micro sd cards?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum