Texas Fishing Forum

Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust

Posted By: TCB

Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/30/12 12:05 AM

My partner and I had a great day out on Falcon with Jay today. I had a personal best day with 4 fish over 8# with a big fish of 9.4#. All of the fish came on Crankbaits and c-rig's.

Jay did a great job of explaining each of the spots and what/where we wanted to throw on that spot. I also got a few pointers on the graph to help make the rest of our trip successful. In addItion to his knowledge of the lake, he's a great person to spend a day on the water with.

If you're heading down, give Jay a call and book a trip. Thanks again for an outstanding day. We will definitely book another trip in the future.

See you on the next trip. Until then, double check the Power Poles before you take off. grin

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/30/12 12:46 AM

Totally forgot to thank Bassin Billy with TLC baits for the free goodies that Jay brought us today.

Their new Falcon Hog is awesome.

Posted By: 10 lbs or bust

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/30/12 01:06 AM

TCB thanks for the opportunity. When I get done taking care of lil miss sickly here I will post some pics of those beauties.

You had to mention the power poles......hahaha. Joel doesnt post does he? If not we will blame him for deploying them when we werent looking. I am amazed that I was able to get that Ranger up to 50 mph with them down. blush When people say that power poles are tough, they really mean it.

Those new Falcon Hogs are going to be the cats arse.....sorry about running out so quick. I had no idea that the bass were gonna eat em quite that good. Hey Billy I need A LOT more of them things....lol.

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/30/12 02:42 AM

A few pics of TCB running roughshod over Falcon.

The 9-4

Here is one of the 8's at the end of the day. I missed the weight of this one by a solid lb. It ended up being 8-6 or 8-8, but man I thought it was gonna be in that 10 lb area or at the very least mid 9's. I left my scale out in direct sun light and dont think it was feeling the best. Ah well.....very healthy and genetically stellar fish none the less.

The other two eights....

Here is a nice chunk caught on the new Falcon Hog. Unfortunitaly we caught just a slew of 1-3 lb fish that just destroyed our Falcon Hog stash and we didnt land any Big Girls on em, simply because we ran out so quickly.

Once again TFF pumps out yet another grade A fishermen and A+ person(s)

Jay

Posted By: The Hag

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/30/12 03:19 AM

Great job Jay.....

Sorry you had to put up with him all day long. smile smile smile That sucker was rubbing it in with his picture text he was sending me. Sorry sucker. smile smile smile Just kidding Chad,,, congrats on an awesome day!!!!

Posted By: demok83

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/30/12 04:22 AM

Beautiful fish, looks like fun!

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/30/12 09:00 AM

hahahhaha.......chad was breathing deep within the zone yesterday. His buddy put it best when he said he was like an old bird dog on point. For a 2 hr stretch it seemed like he caught a fish on every cast.

Originally Posted By: demok83
Beautiful fish, looks like fun!

Yes the color on some of them like the lil chunk with the bait in his mouth were just beautiful with the markings.

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/30/12 11:58 PM

Thanks again Jay for a great trip. We took what we learned from Jay yesterday and ground out another good day today on our own but it was not easy. My partner put it on me with the big fish today and had a 30# sack by himself, including a personal best 8.11 that choked a DD22.

The fishing is not easy right now. We talked to several people at Sunbridge and FLT that caught 4-5 fish. It took us 9 hours in 100 degree heat to catch the weight we had today. We had to move around and pick off one here and one there. I have no doubt we would not have done as well today without Jay's help.

Posted By: toadaholic

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 01:24 AM

I guess the next time I come to falcon we are gonna have to hire jay. We are catching about 20 to 25 a day but nothing big. Catching most on jig and Carolina rig in about 10 to 12 feet of water. Can't seem to master the crankbaits bite. Still having a blast down here.

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 02:21 AM

Very happy for Joel! Thanks for sending the pic of his near miss 9 and here it is.

Again, thanks for the opportunity Chad.

Toad, sounds to me like you just needed a lil luck is all. 20-25 fish in a day on Falcon without fishing it daily is pretty dang good in my book.

Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 10:07 AM

TCB,

Looks like you had a good time and I am glad you enjoyed the Falcon Hogs while they lasted. I grabbed what I had in the shop and gave them to Jay for your trip. He called me afterwards and said they were gone in 15 minutes.

Falcon Lake Tackle will soon carry the Falcon Hogs in a variety of colors.

Jay and I are pretty lucky guys that we get to live on the best lake in the US. One of the benefits is meeting fishermen from all over on a daily basis.

If you ever make it back to Zapata stop by and say hi.

Posted By: superfamous

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 06:32 PM

Awesome report, guys. Looks like you tore it up.

Billy, I'll be heading out with Jay on Monday 6/11 and would love to stop by and snag a handful (or ten) of the Falcon Hogs...especially in that Watermelon Green Orange color. Been through a few bags of your baits this spring and I'm a fan...

I'll shoot you a PM.

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 07:12 PM

Superfamous

Get more than that, we hadn't had a bite on plastics until I put that Falcon Hog on a c-rig. It got the school fired up and I caught two of the 8#'s right after that.

Posted By: Reel-Deel

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 07:12 PM

Man it's posts like this that take me back to my several successful trips w/ Jay. I have yet to come off the water thinking we could have done better( minus the day I let 2 sea monsters fenagle their way out of a trip to the boat). I try and go fish w/ that cat at least once a month just for a lil' Fishing and fellowship.... Great guy, great guide, and a great dad/ husband to his family. Can't wait to get back at em' pretty soon. I also have to attribute a trip with him about a month prior to basschamps as the reason my partner and I scored a 3rd place finish... Gave us just enough insight to the patern to wreck em..

This guy should never have a free day, but if he does, jump on it!!

Posted By: WTN

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 07:27 PM

Billy,

Fishing with Jay on 6/8-9. Can u hook us up with some of these magical hogs?

Tried to send a PM but ur box is full.

Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 09:39 PM

Fishing with Jay on the 16th and so friggin' excited I can hardly sit still.

Billy, tell me more about these soon-to-be-famous hogs. How can I get my hands on some?

Nice fish TBC and Jay!

Jackson

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 09:56 PM

Inbox is open:) The Hogs are just big ole Falcon sized hogs in a few colors you can't find in the store. I'll try and get some good pics up here so you can see them, but right now I have to run out and see if the evening bite is on at Falcon:)

Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: BassinBilly
Inbox is open:) The Hogs are just big ole Falcon sized hogs in a few colors you can't find in the store. I'll try and get some good pics up here so you can see them, but right now I have to run out and see if the evening bite is on at Falcon:)

Tell your father not to duplicate his performance from yesterday morning...

Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 10:09 PM

Congrats!!! Looks like yall had an awsome trip.

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 05/31/12 10:10 PM

The Hogs will be available at FLT as soon as I can get them made for those wondering or you can send me a PM if you want to make sure you have what you need prior to your arrival.

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 06/01/12 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Reel-Deel
Man it's posts like this that take me back to my several successful trips w/ Jay. I have yet to come off the water thinking we could have done better( minus the day I let 2 sea monsters fenagle their way out of a trip to the boat). I try and go fish w/ that cat at least once a month just for a lil' Fishing and fellowship.... Great guy, great guide, and a great dad/ husband to his family. Can't wait to get back at em' pretty soon. I also have to attribute a trip with him about a month prior to basschamps as the reason my partner and I scored a 3rd place finish... Gave us just enough insight to the patern to wreck em..

This guy should never have a free day, but if he does, jump on it!!

You da man.....congrats again on the Champs finish.

Originally Posted By: JacksonBean

Fishing with Jay on the 16th and so friggin' excited I can hardly sit still.

Billy, tell me more about these soon-to-be-famous hogs. How can I get my hands on some?

Nice fish TBC and Jay!

Jackson

hahahaha.....I am excited for you as well.

Originally Posted By: superfamous
Awesome report, guys. Looks like you tore it up.

Billy, I'll be heading out with Jay on Monday 6/11 and would love to stop by and snag a handful (or ten) of the Falcon Hogs...especially in that Watermelon Green Orange color. Been through a few bags of your baits this spring and I'm a fan...

I'll shoot you a PM.

We will give em a work out......looking forward to the gopro trip.

Originally Posted By: WTN
Billy,

Fishing with Jay on 6/8-9. Can u hook us up with some of these magical hogs?

Tried to send a PM but ur box is full.

I will have more hogs ready for you than Hillshire. bannana2

Jay

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 06/01/12 11:26 PM

Here are some pics I took of a few Falcon Hawgs and 2 Falcon Flukes to give you an idea of the size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Loaded up ready to be launched into Falcon:)

By will34 at 2012-06-01

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 06/02/12 12:25 AM

Gonna need a bazillion of these......glad they are rolling off the assembly line.

rockon

Posted By: Paradise Hoss

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 06/02/12 12:59 AM

Man I so wanna go to Falcon and more so bring my 20 year old son. He is new to fishing and a trip like this would lock him in.

Re: Great day on Falcon with 10# or bust - 06/02/12 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Dullhook
Man I so wanna go to Falcon and more so bring my 20 year old son. He is new to fishing and a trip like this would lock him in.

Don't sell yourself short Mr. Hook. I am sure just being anywhere with the ole man is straight up awesome for that son of yours. Fishing in a mud puddle with my ole man was always good enough for me and I am sure your son would think the same. I think it's awesome he is getting into fishing and more importantly getting into fishing with you. Makes me want to send the ole man a ticket to get him down here ASAP. Think I'll give him a ring.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum