Texas Fishing Forum

Houston are we gonna have a problem?

Posted By: NorCal

Houston are we gonna have a problem? - 05/20/12 02:40 PM

I currently live in East Texas and looking at moving to the Sugarland area because of work. Looks like forever to get to a decent size lake. I look to fish opens and clubs. I Wanted to get you Houston Boys opinions. Should i jus buy a Bay Boat?

Posted By: Grant2

Re: Houston are we gonna have a problem? - 05/20/12 03:53 PM

Fayette County and Bastrop are close and they are both good lakes. You also have lake Austin all within 1-2 hour drive.

Posted By: fitter2259

Re: Houston are we gonna have a problem? - 05/20/12 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: NorCal
I currently live in East Texas and looking at moving to the Sugarland area because of work. Looks like forever to get to a decent size lake. I look to fish opens and clubs. I Wanted to get you Houston Boys opinions. Should i jus buy a Bay Boat?

Dude.....I feel your pain. Your just going to have to make the cross town trip (w/boat in tow) to get back to the woods. I make the drive to east texas weekly and it aint so bad, you'll get used to it.

From Sugarland you'll only be about 40 minutes or so from getting to the north end of Houston, from there you have it made up 59 N. and back into gods country.

P.S. A nice little center console would come in handy for those trips down to the coast.

Posted By: fitter2259

Re: Houston are we gonna have a problem? - 05/20/12 04:55 PM

Oh, and Conroe aint too bad these days if you can go during the week and Livinston is still an option as well, the fishing has been picking up there lately.

Posted By: BassAg

Re: Houston are we gonna have a problem? - 05/20/12 05:15 PM

I am in the same boat as well, moving from Burnet, TX to Houston for work but living in Conroe/Montgomery area, guess I will fish Conroe a lot, since it will be 2 mins away from where i am trying to live

Posted By: NorCal

Re: Houston are we gonna have a problem? - 05/20/12 07:26 PM

Any of y'all in the Houston bass masters club? Looking to see where all they fish. Looks like I might have to store my boat back up north,

Posted By: J Rankin

Re: Houston are we gonna have a problem? - 05/20/12 07:43 PM

Yes..i am..i think next tourney is Lake Somerville...

Posted By: ChrisMorris

Re: Houston are we gonna have a problem? - 05/20/12 11:23 PM

Lake Somerville on June 2nd!

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum