Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig

Posted By: 10 lbs or bust

Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/07/12 07:29 PM

Took out some clients that made the short trip from Laredo to Zapata to do a little fishing.......I think they will be coming back real soon!

(Patty is in the background horsing in one of her 7 lbers that she had on speed dial.....lol)

More pics and report to come fish

Posted By: ShadeTree68

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/07/12 10:14 PM

Congrats Jay keep up the good work.

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/08/12 12:05 AM

Shade! Thx man.......sure hope I get the opportunity to take ya out in May!

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/08/12 02:24 AM

Still waiting on the pics so I'll type up a little report.

Where:

We caught fish everywhere, but by far the best bite was in the 12-15 ft range on secondary points today. For the past two weeks the ends of points and deep humps have been money. Today we really had our best success between the visual tree line and the end of the secondary points in scattered rock.

When:

Fish were very active until 11:30 and then seemed to shut down and we got off the water not too long after.....we wore ole Brandon out pretty good...lol.

What:

Dropshots and c-rigs with a variety plastics ranging from zoom standard flukes to 12 inch mag ole monsters to Falcon Flukes in a really cool color that was purchased from Falcon Lake Tackle.....I for the life of me cant think of the name of it. Base was a watermelon and pretty sure it was the Amistad Special.
Drop shots were 1 oz with 2/0 gammy finesse wide gap hooks and we actually nose hooked even the 12 inch monsters and had very good hook up ratios. C-rigs were heavy 1.5 oz weights and we trailed em with a variety of hooks and set-ups.

Got some really fun pics on the way! (I hope) Time to get ready for the easter bunny.

Check out the wonderful rain we got at the end of the day.....LOVE IT!!!!

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/08/12 03:55 PM

Ok the pics are in!.....transfering over to photobucket. Brandon and his parents were some cool cats.

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/08/12 04:10 PM

Brandon scores the first fish of the morning and is now hooked on this bass fishing thing! (we will be working on the whole holding fish part in our future trips...lol)

Patty scores! and in the background young Mr. Brandon hooks into a whale that ends up getting the better of him, but he hung on to that rod!!! bannana2....so he won in my book.

Brandon and his mom doubling up!

Patty and Albino doubling up! (notice Patty catching the biggun every time...lol)

Brandon and two more of his Bass.

I am hiring Brandon as my net man this summer!

Patty with another CHUNK of a bass

Posted By: Basscat13

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/08/12 04:12 PM

Wow what a trip, See you soon.

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/08/12 04:18 PM

and of course Albino's 10-6 OMG

Very funny story. He boats the fish and we are high fiving and taking pics and he asks how big it is and I say around 8 pounds and he says no way! Thats a 10 lber! So ole Mr. scales come out........and blush

I was very happy I was wrong... banana

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/08/12 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Basscat13
Wow what a trip, See you soon.

yes sir!!! rockon

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/08/12 05:02 PM

Looks like a super time on the lake. Nice fish. Good job. cheers

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/08/12 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Looks like a super time on the lake. Nice fish. Good job. cheers

Indeed it was......nothing beats passing on the love of bass fishing to a youngster. He was soooooo eager to learn about the why's and how's. Super cool. rock

Posted By: Rag's

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/09/12 06:36 PM

looks like a great trip

Posted By: bsouth401

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/09/12 10:28 PM

That little dude is going to remember that day forever! What kind of life jacket is the little guy wearing? I've got to get Pake a different one and I'm having a hard time finding one his size that would be comfortable to fish in all day long.

Posted By: JEakin

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/09/12 10:44 PM

Nice fish Jay good report as well

Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/09/12 10:54 PM

Congrats! Love to see pics of big fish, but pics with kids and big fish are priceless!

Posted By: JMalin

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/10/12 02:13 AM

I'm glad you put Bino and his family on some fish. My uncle will be booking soon if he hasn't already. Not sure about my dad... Maybe during the fall? Keep on keeping on Jay. Gotta save some money for a starter boat some I can go out there and do it on my own.

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/10/12 02:13 AM

Thanks gentlemen.....Mr. South I will text the father right now and see if he can get the brand for me, but can tell ya that Brandon fished hard in it and he had ZERO problems.

Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/10/12 02:23 AM

Awesome job Jay! Keep up the good work. I am hearing nothing but good things about you from your clients.

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/11/12 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: bsouth401
That little dude is going to remember that day forever! What kind of life jacket is the little guy wearing? I've got to get Pake a different one and I'm having a hard time finding one his size that would be comfortable to fish in all day long.

Looks like the company that made that vest is out of business. When I went to their website it would not come up :-/ Was thinking of getting my eight year old one as well....lol.

Posted By: buzzzfrog

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/11/12 03:51 AM

Congrats to all of yall!! Looks like a fun fun day on the water!!

Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Falcon Lake with Albino, Patty, lil fishing pro Brandon and a 10 lb 6 oz pig - 04/11/12 12:18 PM

Great Pix

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum