Texas Fishing Forum

cleaning boat

Posted By: tight line

cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:34 AM

What do you use to get oil film off you boat when you get off the lake?

Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:39 AM

Bass Boat Saver

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:45 AM

Is it in a spray bottle or what?
Spray it and wipe it?

Posted By: Fork Fanatic

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:46 AM

What Cody said! Very good product.

Posted By: Fork Fanatic

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:47 AM

Yes comes in a spray bottle.

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: tight line
Is it in a spray bottle or what?
Spray it and wipe it?

Spray and wipe with a micro fiber, very little if and elbow grease needed. It comes in a spray bottle

Posted By: H20 Dawg

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:55 AM

I use the Bass Boat Saver and it works wonderful. My question is, I'm about out and I was going to get some Bow To Stern. I heard a lot of guys talking about it about a year ago. Now, all I hear is BBS. Can someone that has use both give me the low down on the comparison.

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 03:10 AM

Thanks for all the info.!

Posted By: BIGDOG1956

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:01 PM

BASS BOAT SAVER WORKS GREAT!!

Posted By: JPost

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:03 PM

I use BBS myself but I have heard a lot of good things about Bow to Stern too.

Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 02:22 PM

I use both. BTS actually bonds with the gelcoat to protect it from the uv rays of the sun and it also doesn't allow any "gunk" to stain it. You only need to use it once every 3-5 trips. It is more like a wax in the application -- you must apply-spray and wipe on, then "buff" off with a towel or it will leave a hazy finish.

BBS is an excellent cleaner and protectant, but it doesn't actually "bond" with the gel therefore you must apply after every trip. You don't have to buff this off(you can, but it isn't necessary).

Both are great and help keep your boat in showroom new condition. I use BBS after every trip and BTS after every 5th trip(I don't use the bbs on this one).

Posted By: bwj

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 03:48 PM

I use both also. Agree with what bassinbiker states above. Both are excellent products.

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 03:53 PM

Bass Boat saver is a Cleaner, Preserver, UV Protectant and leaves a nice waxed look.

Posted By: JPost

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 03:54 PM

Thanks for the explanation bassinbiker. I guess what I do now might take the place of bow to stern. I apply a couple of coats of NuFinish. Then after each use I wipe it down with BPS and for some areas like the motor I use water and vinegar. I've had my boat for nearly a year now and it still looks like new.

Posted By: LL

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 03:59 PM

Where can you buy BBS regularly?

Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 05:34 PM

Bass Boat Saver is great, but for the scum underneath the boat I use "The Works". It's a toilet bowl cleaner that you can get at Walmart for $2. Trust me, you won't find too many other products that will strip the scum quicker and as effortless.

Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 05:35 PM

I have always ordered it from thier site:

http://www.bassboatsaver.com/

Originally Posted By: LL
Where can you buy BBS regularly?

Posted By: Joe D

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 05:36 PM

For aluminum hulls plain old acetic acid more commonly known as vinegar will remove scum/oil lines easily. Not sure on plastic hulls the effectiveness of this product

Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 05:47 PM

I too use BBS after I am out of the water and BTS once a month or so. Both work great

Posted By: bucketmouth64

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 06:10 PM

JJV's Best. Product from MN. is a spray on cleaner that foams up and let sit for a few minutes and water pressure it off. Environmentally safe cleaner, non toxic. Can use on fiberglass and aluminum. I tried for the first time last year on aluminum and boat came out looking new.

Posted By: Bkr10

Re: cleaning boat - 03/20/12 07:27 PM

Vinegar and water 50% 50%

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum