Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville ????????

Posted By: Mario214mc

Lake Lewisville ???????? - 03/01/12 03:49 AM

I Planning to head out to lake lewisville with a buddy and planning to fish around Hidden Cove Park I Really don't know this lake as much i would like to , Any good areas to fish In Lewisville ? If you have fished the lake lately any pointers would be greatly appreciated .

Posted By: Chad Hill

Re: Lake Lewisville ???????? - 03/01/12 04:06 AM

I has been tough but should be getting better. Find some stumps or brush and pitch around all of it working slowly. You might try a square bill crankbait too.

Posted By: snickers

Re: Lake Lewisville ???????? - 03/01/12 04:28 AM

I would pick another lake Lewisville sucks

Posted By: senko show

Re: Lake Lewisville ???????? - 03/01/12 03:05 PM

You could prob catch crabs at party cove! Lol!
But on a more serious note I heard the fishing is tough out there!

Posted By: senko11lb

Re: Lake Lewisville ???????? - 03/01/12 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: senko show
You could prob catch crabs at party cove! Lol!
But on a more serious note I heard the fishing is tough out there!
+1

Posted By: Michael Curbow

Re: Lake Lewisville ???????? - 03/02/12 03:37 AM

Went out there today and caught some good ones up shallow. Fished from the dam up to mid-lake area. Water was stained and 55* main lake and 60* in the back of coves. All my fish came on moving baits. The bite should continue to heat up in the next week. Fishing the wind blown banks with a lipless crank, squarebill, chatterbait or spinnerbait should get you bit. My fish came in groups so when you catch 1 be sure to work the area over good before moving on. Good luck out there.

Posted By: hvtexskeeter

Re: Lake Lewisville ???????? - 03/04/12 01:58 AM

Micheal, nice report! I caught a few fish on wacky rigged senkos last tuesday. Try chartruese/brite colors where the water is muddy and watermelon or watermelon red where its clearer. Fished Poop creek in the colony and also some midlake coves. Poop creek was warm water temps 63 degrees and clear but I think it is gettin beat down with fishin pressure. I am sure pecan creek is the same.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum