Texas Fishing Forum

City limits fishing

Posted By: O.C.A.

City limits fishing - 02/17/12 01:02 PM

What happened to ike on city limits fishing??

Posted By: woodd203

Re: City limits fishing - 02/17/12 01:10 PM

It's still on the NBC sports network (previously versus). Byron velvick hosts it now.

Posted By: BassKicker24

Re: City limits fishing - 02/17/12 01:27 PM

I wanted to know also. Seemed like Ike just fell off the face of the planet. I am guessing he is just wanting to spend more time with his young family. He will be at the Classic though.

Posted By: Texan4Liberty

Re: City limits fishing - 02/17/12 01:36 PM

Posted Jan. 6th 2012: By Mike Iaconelli on his Facebook page.

Hey everyone! There has been a lot of comments about City Limits, so I just wanted to give you the scoop! I fully enjoyed 4 great seasons of filming City Limits. But at ...the end of the day, I was just a hired host and I had no true ownership of the show. I really put my heart and soul into filming and I really feel like I helped create a successful fishing show. But things kind of changed at the end of last season and I became the low man on the totem pole. Because of this, I decided it was time to go. I'm now working really hard to get my new TV show "Going Ike" off the ground. I hope you all will support me in my new TV adventure! Thanks and stayed tuned for more information on Going Ike . . . . . .

He also made an announcement on Feb. 14th 2012 that you can win a chance to fish with him on your lake on his new show.

http://www.mikeiaconelli.com/news.php?id=133

Posted By: jwallbassin

Re: City limits fishing - 02/17/12 01:37 PM

I pretty sure Ike is starting his own show, Going Ike

Posted By: BassKicker24

Re: City limits fishing - 02/17/12 01:40 PM

Sweet. Can't wait for that. Thanks for the info.

Posted By: Marooned

Re: City limits fishing - 02/17/12 04:43 PM

I never liked the City Limits show very much, even with Ike. Too much idle talk into the camera, too much drama, don't care about local restaurants or sights, didn't feel like I learned that much. Maybe it's just me - I'm kinda old.

Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: City limits fishing - 02/17/12 05:42 PM

I may try watching it now since Byron is hosting it!!!

Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: City limits fishing - 02/17/12 07:28 PM

i watched it from time to time, seems like ike had more of "how we are doing this" on his version early on and it grew to more and more about the city itself , or so it seemed to me.

I've watched a few episodes with byron and havent enjoyed it as much as the early ike versions.

which has nothing to do with either fisherman, i just feel there hasn't been enough "fishing" in them..

also i don't care for any of the episodes where they are fishing for random fish...

Posted By: BOATS

Re: City limits fishing - 02/17/12 07:52 PM

[quote=R.J.E.] I may try watching it now since Byron is hosting it!!! [/quote

ME TOO

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum