Texas Fishing Forum

Blazer boats

Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

Blazer boats - 02/04/12 06:01 PM

With no operable search function yet, anyone running one now or in the past? Please pass along insights.

Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: Blazer boats - 02/04/12 06:23 PM

Try here. If you post specific questions you will get an answer i bet.

http://www.bbcboards.net/zeroforum?id=33

Jason

Posted By: jdrod

Re: Blazer boats - 02/04/12 07:04 PM

I had a 1999 202DC that I fished out of for the last 12 years. It was a great boat. I never had a problem with it.

Posted By: tcb01

Re: Blazer boats - 02/05/12 12:02 AM

Find a more southeastern (florida, mississippi, etc..) forum.. Very popular boats in that area

Posted By: Texguy02

Re: Blazer boats - 02/05/12 12:50 AM

Good boats. Ride is good, speed is up there with a good driver, handles great.
well built boats and the service with blazer is one of the best I have seen, they are some great people to do business with.

Posted By: andy52887

Re: Blazer boats - 02/05/12 01:25 AM

I had a 2003 202 Pro V and it was a great fishing platform and good riding boat.Would I buy another one?Don't think so.Here in NW Louisiana we have to many stump fields for a blazer in my opinion with its thin hull.But that is also how they are able to run those higher speeds.Also one problem area on Blazers is the top cap sperating on the back corners.But I really enjoyed my blazer and that sucker could hall the mail.

Posted By: East Bay Guide Jeff Brandon

Re: Blazer boats - 02/11/12 06:43 PM

I had an 06 210 and really liked it. For the money, I think they are one of the best values out there in bass boats. Good Platform and quite a bit faster than your regular bass boat built today. I fished out of mine at fork for 3 years on and over stumps and never had an issue.

Posted By: 200Hawk21

Re: Blazer boats - 02/11/12 07:41 PM

Fast boat, everyone seems to like them that owned them, but I have heard the resale value is not real good.

Posted By: LSUfan

Re: Blazer boats - 02/11/12 10:00 PM

I rode in one as an observer at the Toledo PAA tournament a couple years ago and it did not handle rough water very well at all and it felt very small for a 20 ft boat.

Posted By: BullBat

Re: Blazer boats - 03/08/12 07:27 PM

Lower resale value worked in my favor. Bought 2007 210-ProV with Yamaha 250 low $20k, low hours, nice FAST (70+mph) fishing platform, no complaints so far!

Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Blazer boats - 03/08/12 08:07 PM

They popped a mold off a 20' Bullet years ago. Not saying its a bad boat just don't like the way they started.

Bass & Walleye Magazine did a head's up test with a Bullet 21' against a 20' Blazer both rigged with Merc 300XS motors. The Bullet ran 11 mph faster. There was 15 mph difference until the Bullet ace driver walked over to the Blazer and told them how to maximize their performance setup.

Just saying.....

Posted By: J.Johnson

Re: Blazer boats - 03/08/12 08:12 PM

I have one, it's an 05....i have run that boat on every lake in east texas....the only complaints i have are: narrow front deck and very hard to resale. they are good boats for the money but it's not a luxury boat..here in east texas when people ask what kind of boat i run..i get a funny look when i say blazer. I catch fish out of it and thats all that matters.
and yes they run like a scalded dog..also a bit lighter than most so it drafts shallow water real well. If i had to do it again i might not have bought it...but i would have bought a bigger one. Mine is for sale by the way!!
BullBat...you should be running 80+ with that set up...

Posted By: Cmack

Re: Blazer boats - 03/12/12 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

They popped a mold off a 20' Bullet years ago. Not saying its a bad boat just don't like the way they started.

Bass & Walleye Magazine did a head's up test with a Bullet 21' against a 20' Blazer both rigged with Merc 300XS motors. The Bullet ran 11 mph faster. There was 15 mph difference until the Bullet ace driver walked over to the Blazer and told them how to maximize their performance setup.

Just saying.....

Sorry Ken but pretty much everything out there started with a "popped" hull. Look at Legends history real close and see where it came from.

Posted By: Alpha199

Re: Blazer boats - 03/12/12 04:10 AM

Blackbeard marine has a brand new Blazer in the shop that they are rigging with a 250 SHO. I would have to say as a legend owner the craftmanship of the boat was really good. The front deck was alot wider than previous blazers and all of the components were high quality. I plan on taking a demo ride as soon it is ready and bet it will be fast.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum