Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon??

Posted By: X Ring

Falcon?? - 09/25/11 11:56 PM

Anybody got a report on Falcon? A buddy and I are headed down Friday. We will fish Sat. to Tues.

Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 12:20 AM

Headed down tomorrow, fishing Tue and Wed, will send report afterwards

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 12:24 AM

This your first trip? Can't wait to see some DD pics. Just leave a few for us. Lol

Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 12:26 AM

Good luck steve!!

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 12:27 AM

No, been there a few times before. Fishing with Guide Jim Behnken for these two days on this trip and am pumped about it!

Posted By: Team Skeeterless

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 01:43 AM

If your fishing with Jim it will be a blast!! Went with Jim twice last year and can't wait to do it again!

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 01:53 AM

Good luck Steve!! I'm going with a guide buddy Dick Strother from Tyler and we are hooking up with his old tourney partner Rick Turner who owns a lodge and is a full time guide on Falcon.( Rick holds the record for the largest bass weighed in at a FLW tournament with a 14 and change on Lake Amistad) I am pumped to have two guides on my first trip down.

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 02:04 AM

Thanks guys....I am really excited to be going back down to Falcon again, been way to long!
Heard lots of good things about Jim and the fishing is awesome right now...looking for my new PB while there

Posted By: Jcash2319

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 02:18 AM

I'm heading down for my first time October 2nd and staying through fishing through Thursday. This will be my first time. Can't wait I feel like a kid the night befor Christmas. Any of they guys that are going down this week hopefully you can give me some help. Can't wait

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 02:25 AM

I'll be there the same time you are. Sat - Tues

Posted By: TXFish

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 08:45 PM

Fishing on falcon is on fire right now. We went down this past weekend (9-22 / 9-25) with 10 boats and had a little fun. Best 5 fish we weighed in was 41 lbs. Best 3 fish we weighed in was 24lbs.

Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 09:29 PM

Crazy fun right there...I'll be down there Nov 3-6...

Posted By: fisheastex

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 09:45 PM

making a trip weekend of the 12th in nov. im already excited and cant even sleep lol

Posted By: Legend08

Re: Falcon?? - 09/26/11 09:47 PM

My buddy and I will be there Nov 5 th to the 12 th. My second week this year, and I hope it is good as Feb was. Tried to book either Jim but both were already booked. helpsign

Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Falcon?? - 09/27/11 01:21 AM

What ever! When we left Sunday, Saturday the TABC club top 8 tournament, 34lb was big stringer, 94lbs for three two man teams and a 9.95 was big fish out of 28 clubs and like 168 anglers. You figure it out.

Posted By: CENTEX Toad Hunter

Re: Falcon?? - 09/27/11 01:42 AM

We were down there just fun fishing during the TABC tourney. Zapata PR was a zoo. The good thing I noticed was they are upgrading the ramp access with addition turn-abouts and for additional security they are installing a fence! So good new for the near future for anyone that has exprience any thievery. As for our fishing, we just couldn't get on any Falcon Quality fish. We stopped by Robert's when we first came in town. He aid the bite was a little slow. Best to flip the sticks. We stay on the AM side so maybe the bite is better in the Salinas. Still had a blast, just refused to take a pic of only five and six pounders.

Posted By: GigEmAggies

Re: Falcon?? - 09/27/11 01:44 AM

good luck!

Posted By: TXFish

Re: Falcon?? - 09/27/11 09:50 PM

Here are a few fish we caught

3 fish stringer. Sorry its a little dark

Posted By: GeneTX

Re: Falcon?? - 09/28/11 02:22 AM

Just got back. It's crazy good but Falcon on its worst day is crazy good. Every time I go I am amazed at how many giants are in that lake.

Re: Falcon?? - 09/28/11 03:09 AM

Glad to see everyone doing good down there. Hopefully I will be on the water sat. at daylight. Gonna fish for 3 1/2 days. Probably won't sleep till sometime next week.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum