Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon G Loomis St Croix Castaway and Allstar

Posted By: garymcd

Falcon G Loomis St Croix Castaway and Allstar - 06/19/11 02:29 AM

What is your opinion on these rods. which do you like the best and why. If you have others you really like add them in as well.
Posted By: BIRD FLIPPIN

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 02:37 AM

not really apples to apples . . . i personally would look at st croix
Posted By: garymcd

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 02:39 AM

Ok lets throw it in the mix. I am getting ready to pick up a few new rods and want to upgrade to a little better rod than I am using.
Posted By: trickwormdestroyer!

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 04:09 AM

G Loomis makes amazing rods if u have $500 to spare falcon is one of my favorites and even h2o makes some decent rods
Posted By: Zach Starling

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 04:11 AM

falcons cause they have great strong blanks and they have different series and they are all priced reasonably
Posted By: 210amatuerangler

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Zach Starling
falcons cause they have great strong blanks and they have different series and they are all priced reasonably

+1. Love Falcon's, but I haven't fished any of the higher end market rods. I do plan on getting a St. Croix rod when I have $300 to fork over for one, just because my buddy who lived up north has told me nothing but good things about them.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 12:16 PM

St Croix is the best out there. I have 4 of them and not one single problem with any of them in 3 years.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Zach Starling
+ 1 Falcons are all I have and love them I have one St Croix Crankin rod and its a good rod also.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 12:29 PM

Put a Dobyns in your hand.I have Falcon,St.Croix,American Rodsmith,carrot stix and they are all getting replaced as money permits.
Posted By: KsChampion198

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 01:43 PM

They are all good rods. I prefer Loomis. I have been throwing them since High school. I own 14 or so. Imx through NRX. Not sure there is a lighter, more sensitive rod on the planet then an NRX....You get what you pay for.
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 05:30 PM

It kind of depends on what exactly you are looking for. You can get rods priced from $25 to $500 from the manufactures you listed. I have rods from all of the ones listed and the St. Croix Legend Elite is probably my favorite. I really like Legend Xtreme and Avid series also.

One thing that St croix does that many others don't is if you send in a rod for warranty you can upgrade if you want by paying the warranty fee plus the difference in the rod you are sending in and the one you want to replace it with.

Jason
Posted By: Jay Kendrick

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 06:07 PM

out of those I would say falcon and loomis. buy a few of each and see which ones you prefer
Posted By: txtroutklr

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 06:14 PM

GLX & NRX
Posted By: CanadiYak

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 06:36 PM

G Loomis 1st then Falcon I have a St Croix also but don't like it to bulky on the hands just my 2cents
Posted By: cali kid

Re: Falcon G Loomis St Croix Castaway and Allstar - 06/19/11 07:38 PM

Second the Dobyns, for me they are the best rod out there. If you like casting 1/2 and 3/4oz jigs try the 784 model. It is my favorite rod ever.
Posted By: bus driver

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: KsChampion198
They are all good rods. I prefer Loomis. I have been throwing them since High school. I own 14 or so. Imx through NRX. Not sure there is a lighter, more sensitive rod on the planet then an NRX....You get what you pay for.

Agreed!!
Posted By: jkayser

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 09:32 PM

i love the power tackle rods i have 7 built for heavy fishing
Posted By: eggs'isled

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/19/11 09:48 PM

St. Croix...
Posted By: Easy Fisherman

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/20/11 02:06 AM

You get what you pay for and rarely will you get more than what you pay for - G-loomis
Posted By: VetteRprMan

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/20/11 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: KsChampion198

+1!!!
Posted By: Ken Denney

Re: Falcon or G Loomis - 06/20/11 03:08 AM

Started with castaway in '92 and never looked back. XP3 series are tough and take even my abuse. Scott and Kelly can make any action length and setup you could want. Can't beat the fact that their hand made in Montgomery Texas either.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum