Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter ZX225 SI Transducer?

Posted By: Skeeterag99

Skeeter ZX225 SI Transducer? - 05/12/11 06:19 PM

New boat comin and trying to decide the best way to mount the SI transducer. Plano said they can use the bracket that came with it and mount inside jackplate, or do I buy a transducer shield and saver. Pros and cons of each?

Some things I have thought about are if its mounted inside the jackplate that it can flip up whereas it cant with shield and saver (not that you would need it in that area). Also I think the shield and saver would keep transducer alot straighter and flat (plus looks better). The last boat it seemed the standard plate mounted ot the back of boat moved, loosened, twisted, and I lost picture some on one side when it would do that. I am leaning towards the shield and saver.

Any experience with either one?
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Skeeter ZX225 SI Transducer? - 05/12/11 07:15 PM

I have a Transducer Shield on mine. Very solid and I think more protected than the factory mount that comes with it. Saw Hag's factory mount broke last week on his rig. Kind of pricey but worth it. thumb
Posted By: gofish24

Re: Skeeter ZX225 SI Transducer? - 05/12/11 07:26 PM

i mounted mine to the jackplate. have about 5 friends who did the same. no problems to date with any of them.
Posted By: Tight Lines

Re: Skeeter ZX225 SI Transducer? - 05/12/11 09:32 PM

Transducer Shield on the jackplate works great.
Posted By: LMH Steel

Re: Skeeter ZX225 SI Transducer? - 05/12/11 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: BCV
i mounted mine to the jackplate. have about 5 friends who did the same. no problems to date with any of them.

Same here.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum