Texas Fishing Forum

Greenville Club Lake

Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®

Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 02:34 PM

Get to go fishin this afternoon.

The owner of my shop is a member of Greenville Club Lake, and is fullfilling his part of my signing bonus grin to take me fishin there! He's gonna come snag me from work a little early this afternoon so we can go rip some lips.

He said it rarely gets any pressure on the bass, most folks crappie and cat fish the lake. Supposed to be loaded with quality size LMB. Really looking forward to it.

Ill be sure and report back with pics (if applicable to the trip smile )

anyone else ever fished it?
Posted By: Bfrenzy

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 02:39 PM

I dont think many people get the option to fish it.....
Posted By: basspro99

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 02:45 PM

Good luck ROF. Sounds like it will be a fun time.

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Bfrenzy

i wasnt sure if anyone on here had access, or friends that did. Just curious.

Im eager to see what the lake itself is like. Rather small in size relative to most "lakes", apparently 500 acres or so.

Might get to see a bass on a bed this season after all!
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 02:55 PM

There's a house that just came up for sale on it if anyone wants to pay $380k to fish it everyday. grin
Posted By: Bfrenzy

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®
Originally Posted By: Bfrenzy

i wasnt sure if anyone on here had access, or friends that did. Just curious.

Im eager to see what the lake itself is like. Rather small in size relative to most "lakes", apparently 500 acres or so.

Might get to see a bass on a bed this season after all!

The lake is small but it looks real good from what you can see from the road....rip rap, docks, stumps.....should be good....its a horseshoe shape....
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 03:03 PM

Flip jigs and soft plastics on the docks. Theres a dock every 5 fett on that lake. Spent alot of time out there when I was in College.

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Flip jigs and soft plastics on the docks. Theres a dock every 5 fett on that lake. Spent alot of time out there when I was in College.
thumb Thanks man. He's got a real small boat, so im only takin two sticks with me. One with a Jig, one with a Tx rig creature.

Originally Posted By: Evan O'Brien
There's a house that just came up for sale on it if anyone wants to pay $380k to fish it everyday. grin
I may have to reconsider my house in zapata if it fishes as good as he says. grin
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 03:29 PM

Yep. It is a great lake. I fish it all the time with a buddy of mine. It has lots of 3-6 pounders in it with an occasional one bigger. Throw a spinnerbait or flip a jig around docks. Fish the rip rap dam as well.

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 03:30 PM

any cover aside from docks and rip rap? Any timber or grass or anything?
Posted By: RaiderDale33

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 03:32 PM

Club lake is a good little lake. My uncle caught an 8 1/2 pounder 2 years ago during the spawn on a walmart spinnerbait, water temps are gonna be good and warm. Catch a bunch of bass and cats whenever I hit it up. Like Sinkey said, work all the docks, and if you can find duck houses that are based in the lake, target them for post-spawn feeders. Seen many baby ducks meet their maker by falling out of the duck house. I fish West Beach. It's a good thing to have friends out there, it can be a good pick me up lake after a slow day on big water. I think there's some timber on the north end of the lake, can't remember though. Only boated on it once, do all my fishing from a friends dock.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 03:43 PM

Can I bring my jet ski?

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®
any cover aside from docks and rip rap? Any timber or grass or anything?

Not really. The northern end of the lake is where the Sabine comes in. There is some timber but we rarely catch them up there. The lake is not very deep but will be a little low so there wont be any grass in the water. There is usually some cattails or some clumps of shoreline grass

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 03:47 PM

nothing over 90 hp engine. And I do remember a couple of sticks at the south end of west beach as well. I duck house hunt though, I never have a problem catching fish off them houses.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Z520 Cranker
Yep. It is a great lake. I fish it all the time with a buddy of mine. It has lots of 3-6 pounders in it with an occasional one bigger. Throw a spinnerbait or flip a jig around docks. Fish the rip rap dam as well.

You ever drank a beer out there? grin

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Originally Posted By: Z520 Cranker

You ever drank a beer out there? grin

MANY!!!

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 05:08 PM

THIS JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!

Originally Posted By: bogey
Can I bring my jet ski?

sure, we just wont let ya in grin
Posted By: Starsfanatic

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 11:28 PM

I drive by it all the time and cringe because its a private lake and i cant even wet a hook in there. Good luck and let us know how yall do....
Posted By: FootAndAHalf

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/23/11 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Evan O'Brien
PM sent

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/24/11 08:07 PM

You do any good out there? I got excited to see a post about Club Lake, won't be there until may, but still wondering how the fishing is.

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/24/11 08:40 PM

we did turrible.

would have liked to have had more time to spend out there. Only got about 2 hours or so in.

Lake was actually quite beautiful, and looked fishy.

The water temps were actually VERY warm, the lowest we found was 66.

We basically beat the banks. I was hard pressed to tell my owner how to fish the lake he fishes quite often. I suspect, they have already spawned on the lake and pulled back to cover/and or the first breaks.

I managed to catch one on a weightless senko at the VERY end of the day, in where would most certainly have been a bedding location. My guess (it was a buck bass) was that he was up guarding fry.

I hope to get back out there in the next week or so, thats what the bossman said anyway.

I want to fish more docks next time, as there are PLENTY.. and Im sure some will hold fish.
Posted By: KVDwho?

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/24/11 08:43 PM

I've been in Greenville since 1995 and I'm just now getting the hookup on that lake. A friend of mine just bought a house out there and he fishes it every day when he gets off work. He said it's all the 3 pounders you want, any way you want 'em.

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/24/11 10:08 PM

If you fish a nice looking dock with a seaswirl boat in the slip, you should catch fish there. I fish that dock whenever I go down there, never have a boring day. It's on the south end of west beach, a blue boathouse is next over on the water. Tall plants and a tree to the right of the dock, got a duck house near it. Caught tons of fish casting under that tree branch.
Posted By: Crash8005

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/25/11 02:21 AM

My family owns a lake house out there (third generation). We really enjoy it out there. I actually proposed to my wife at sunset on our dock. Has some pretty good bass on it and catfish galore!!!

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 03/25/11 10:26 PM

tons of quality catfish, my cousin and I caught our limit off the dock in a little over an hour. We were culling smaller catfish away! That Dinner Bell chum is ridiculous on that lake.
Posted By: varnoldi

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 11/25/16 10:31 PM

Any one been out here lately? i'll be fishing it for the first time tomorrow and Sunday.

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 11/26/16 05:42 AM

Jigs on docks, spinnerbaits or a sq bill. The lake is shallow but has lots of solid fish. The bass are catch and release. I fish it all the time
Posted By: varnoldi

Re: Greenville Club Lake - 11/26/16 01:30 PM

Will do , thank you for the input!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum