Texas Fishing Forum

Big Bass of the Month

Posted By: rkj01

Big Bass of the Month - 03/10/11 02:23 PM

Hello ive been reading these posts for a long time but this is my first post. Do yall remember the old Big Bass of the Month contest many years ago.
Posted By: 200Hawk21

Re: Big Bass of the Month - 03/10/11 02:32 PM

I do. It was owned by Mays Advertising in Fort Worth.That is going back to about 1980.

Re: Big Bass of the Month - 03/10/11 02:36 PM

Yes it was They had an office i believe right off the interstate in FORT WORTH i think.
Posted By: EvanVidal

Re: Big Bass of the Month - 03/10/11 02:38 PM

RKJ01..... welcome

Maybe it should be brought back to the TFF.

Re: Big Bass of the Month - 03/10/11 02:44 PM

That would be cool
Posted By: 9094

Re: Big Bass of the Month - 03/11/11 02:25 AM

It was great. It was ran for Mayes by Bobby Sandifer a great friend of mine. Him and I were discussing BBM yesterday. He is now starting a statewide hog hunting contest kind of based on the BBM format!
Back when it was going on they had to made 4 regions because Monticello won it every month and a friend and great guy named Bob Garcia won most of the time.

Re: Big Bass of the Month - 03/11/11 12:51 PM

I remember Garcia caught some hogs on Monticello. I placed once in the contest and won some rods and baits i believe. I was only in my early twenties and after placing that month i had to go take a polygraph test even though i did nothing illegal i was scared to death. Ill never forget after asking me all the questions the last one was have you ever violated any fishing laws my answer was no and he laughed and said well you probably havent broken many.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum