Texas Fishing Forum

O.H. Ivie and Hermine

Posted By: Stu

O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 05:22 AM

Hemine looks to be on track to go over Ivie and surrounding water sheds. Keep your fingers crossed. This is the type of rains that can fill it up in a matter of days.
Posted By: pkskeeter

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 11:33 AM

Looking good I hope we see at least
a little rise will make it better for Bass Champs !!!
Posted By: Stephen Mills

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 12:13 PM

Fill it up!
Posted By: South TX Legend

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 12:45 PM

Hopefully will go right through Chokes water shed in the Hondo area and give choke the other 4 ft it needs to fill up to.

Then on to Ivie. That would be awesome - Then Amistad, Falcon, Choke and Ivie would all be full.

YAAAAHOOOOOO!!!! bannana2
Posted By: Troyz

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 01:28 PM

Looks like Choke will get plenty for sure. Ivie may still be a little iffy but sure hope it gets a lot. Falcon and Amistad are both over full pool now. Question is how much will they get out of this???
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 02:11 PM

To much of course, because I am headed to Amistad and It rains down there everytime I go.
Posted By: Troyz

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 02:20 PM

Know what you mean. I had planned to go tomorrow. May have to wait until Thursday morning.
Posted By: The Hag

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 02:21 PM

They're only predicting 2" to 4" here at the Ivie area. Of course, I don't recall seeing any weather man get it right before. We need 6" and for it to fall real fast for run off. Ivie needs 12' more depth before next spring for sure! Come on rain!!
Posted By: bknightg

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 03:27 PM

That'd be nice. Hag I heard you're gonna be our weighmaster for the firefighter's tourney down there next spring. We shore appreciate it bud!
Posted By: The Hag

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/07/10 03:58 PM

You bet on the Ivie tournament. I'm furnishing all the weigh-in equipment and doing the weigh-in so all the firefighters can fish and not worry about anything. Going to be a blast and a chance to meet a lot of people from everywhere! We will be donating a lot of baits too. Talon Lures said they will be a sponsor too. Ivan (Talon Lures) is a retired firefighter and is happy to be associated with it too. I bet there will be 100 or more firefighters from across the state there for it! Everyone had better get reservations now!!! Ivie is going to be swamped with fishermen looking for a ShareLunker next Spring!!

Anyone going down there needs to really watch out around the Turkey Bend area. There are new large trees showing up every day out in the middle of the lake. I went over them with my sidefinder and was amazed at how large those stumps are out there that we have all been hauling rear over. One stump that I could see about 3 feet down is 18" in diameter. I did mark all of those trees with waypoints too for when the lake comes back up. smile
Posted By: bknightg

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/08/10 04:26 AM

I've watched a couple of your WTTT weigh-ins, so I'm sure it'll be smooth and enjoyable. We really appreciate you guys sponsoring the deal too! I'm sure we'll have a great turnout, and I look forward to it.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: O.H. Ivie and Hermine - 09/08/10 05:30 PM

looks like it missed us...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum