Texas Fishing Forum

a good month for ivie in fall????

Posted By: STEVE B

a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 01:48 AM

fished it every year in spring since 1995, i think, but never in fall. wondering when the fishing starts to pick back up and they start stocking up on groceries for winter? october ,november????????
Posted By: bill60

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 02:19 AM

October was good last year, Bass Champs has a big tournament the first week tho.

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 02:42 AM

yeah, i definately dont want to be on a bass champ weekend. may look to mid october!
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 02:48 AM

I second October, had some great times the past several years around this time.
Posted By: The Hag

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 07:52 AM

If I'm not mistaken, BassChamps has a one month off limits period before the tournament. So, you should come the weekend before they fish or anytime in October after they fish. The top water bite is awesome then. Also, the swimbait and slow rolling spinnerbaits is on fire then.
Posted By: Panhandle

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 11:59 AM

Hag gives you good advice. We went a couple of weeks after Champs last October and the grass had began to die off. The fishing went from great to tough in one week. Id go during Champs off limits as well.
Posted By: bill60

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 05:24 PM

the lake is off limits for the bass champs from sept13-29

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: The Hag
If I'm not mistaken, BassChamps has a one month off limits period before the tournament. So, you should come the weekend before they fish or anytime in October after they fish. The top water bite is awesome then. Also, the swimbait and slow rolling spinnerbaits is on fire then.
i kinda figured september would be still a tough summertime pattern, plus wife and sons birthday are end of september. im thinking either mid sept or mid oct.
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 10:35 PM

Oct-Nov according to weather.
Posted By: BillyBassZ520

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/22/10 10:59 PM

September is allways good there.

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/23/10 03:00 AM

now just gotta plan around high school football games and deer season. im starting to remember why i only fish the spring, open weekends in fall are hard to come by. thanks for the input, guys!!!!!!!!!

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/23/10 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: The Hag
, the swimbait and slow rolling spinnerbaits is on fire then.
i have never caught a fish on a swimbait..... you talking about the hoillow body ones, like a bass majic?
Posted By: Texan4Liberty

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/23/10 11:39 PM

de Anytime is a good time to go to Ivie. de

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/24/10 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Texan4Liberty
de Anytime is a good time to go to Ivie. de

yeah,i agree, if i lived in san angelo where i could be there in less than an hour i wouldnt even be asking because i would probably be there every month but that extra couple hours travel time and expense makes me have to plan a little. tough when you live in the desert!!
Posted By: Texan4Liberty

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/24/10 12:17 AM

I've made the offer before to ya to meet up and I'll show you some stuff I know about fishing there. It's up to you to take me up on it.

Re: a good month for ivie in fall???? - 07/24/10 12:25 AM

yeah, i remember. i still need the help too. i only had one really good day on ivie this year, or good morning, i should say, couple of 5's and a 7.5, other than that it was a tough year!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum